• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Howard Stern taps into the contempt being felt by those who have been vaccinated...

So he is vaccinated and advocates wearing a mask...what more does he need...a big ass roll of bubble wrap? Seems to me there are a lot of bitter angry hate filled small little people really mad at others that have lived their lives without needing a mommy to tell them how to act.

He needs the unvaxxed to stop being selfish crybabies and get vaccinated already. It's just a little itty-bitty needle, and they'll give you a wowwy-pop when it's all over.

Wow, you’re saying Biden is really screwing this up, huh?

Not only did he fail to each his vaccination target and discourage mask use, he failed to provide enough ICU beds?

No wonder his approval rating is so low.
Biden can't change the mindless stupidity of the delusional. Nor can he instantly materialize enough Intensive care units to fit all the stupid of this World. This pandemic is here to stay untill herd immunity is reached...... One way or another.

Their decision is having no appreciable impact on my life.
+ Ten points for honesty.

- One hundred points for only thinking of yourself.
Wow, you’re saying Biden is really screwing this up, huh?

Not only did he fail to each his vaccination target
Yep, he did, because so many dumb asses listen to other dumb asses.
and discourage mask use,
Really dumb lie. Biden never made any blanket statement dIscouraging mask wearing.
he failed to provide enough ICU beds?
Since when is it POTUS’ job to provide ICU beds? Answer; never.
No wonder his approval rating is so low.
I won’t argue that Biden’s current low approval rating isn’t deserved (mostly, at least), but it isn’t because of any bull shit you’re spouting..

He needs the unvaxxed to stop being selfish crybabies and get vaccinated already. It's just a little itty-bitty needle, and they'll give you a wowwy-pop when it's all over.
Thank you and God Bless You.
I want to make clear, speaking only for myself, that I only reserve contempt for people who go out of their way to contribute TO anti-vaxxerism, or who go the extra mile to intimidate others, or coerce them, or to deliberately misinform them, esp those who are making a fortune peddling their lies.

Any hostility from me about this is purely DEFENSIVE.
I can't afford to catch this again, not even a mild case, neither can my wife or my kids, all three being either disabled or having high risk factors re their health.
And I am fed up with being dictated to by people who haven't the least concern about whether they visit harm on me or my family.

The miserable creatures who refuse to get vaccinated but otherwise leave others alone, do not need any extra contempt because when they catch COVID, they're miserable enough already as it is.
And if they die, they're part of the TRAGEDY. It's while they were barely clinging to life that they were part of the crisis, but once they are dead, they aren't anymore and the only issue is whether the mortuaries can handle them in a timely manner. Many of these people have family and friends who probably begged them to get the shots.
Those folks have my sympathies and condolences.

Wrong, a smoker can turn his lungs black but it can never effect mine, not true with Covid...
So you are denying the science concerning second hand smoke?

Very clearly, you are talking straight out of your ass.

Sirius/XM doesn’t pay Stern $90M per year because they like him. They pay him that insane amount of money because he makes them even more money.

And what is this bull shit double talk supposed to mean? “If you track the social media performance and activity it really shows there”.

In your previous post, you said “I really wish they published ratings for satellite just to see how far he plummeted”.

First, you assert that you can’t estimate Stern’s supposed decline, but in another, you claim the opposite.

Sirius could very well be paying him to keep him in place even as a loss leader because losing him would be perceived as a bad sign. I am not sure what their analytics say about Stern.

My comment to social media shows that his influence and following has collapsed relative to his peers at a minimum. I wish there was something, third party, to track his ratings like Arbitrton does in terrestial radio.

Nonsense. Stop deflecting. If you refused a free vaccine for covid ( and only covid), you should be refused a bed in ICU. You have up your right to that bed the day you refused your free vaccine. This is very simple. You shouldn't be having such a hard time understanding it.

Exactly. So if you refused a free covid vaccine you should no longer be allowed to take up an ICU bed if you the catch covid.

Sheesh. Nothing like some politicized logic. There are only consequences to your actions if your politics are opposed to mine, eh? Or are you one of the fat, alcoholic, drug addled, smokers that I am talking about? Either way, sorry you are unable to see past your own baggage.

Howard is the most groundbreaking innovative entertainer of all time,but has become that which he used to mock.
His suckup up interviews are cringeworthy.
He is right about Trump and the antivaxxers though.

Howard is the most groundbreaking innovative entertainer of all time,but has become that which he used to mock.
His suckup up interviews are cringeworthy.
He is right about Trump and the antivaxxers though.

He used to be great. I remember when he actually said what he thought and followed through. Now he is so concerned about being accepted and his legacy that the show became unlistenable. The best days were when Artie was on.

He used to be great. I remember when he actually said what he thought and followed through. Now he is so concerned about being accepted and his legacy that the show became unlistenable. The best days were when Artie was on.
I would argue that the best days were Jackie, but Artie was great also.Howard was at his best when he was the angry outsider.

I would argue that the best days were Jackie, but Artie was great also.Howard was at his best when he was the angry outsider.

Agreed, now he is a whiney sycophant.

Sheesh. Nothing like some politicized logic. There are only consequences to your actions if your politics are opposed to mine, eh? Or are you one of the fat, alcoholic, drug addled, smokers that I am talking about? Either way, sorry you are unable to see past your own baggage.
So you think we have a vaccine for obesity alcoholism and drug addiction? How did you ever come to believe such patently moronic rubbish? Did you watch a Mike Lindell infomercial?

Sirius could very well be paying him to keep him in place even as a loss leader because losing him would be perceived as a bad sign.
A purely asinine notion.

No business pays $90M per year, on a five year contract, continuing to air a personality who’s following has “collapsed relative to his peers”, to avoid the embarrassment of losing that declining personality.
I am not sure what their analytics say about Stern.

My comment to social media shows that his influence and following has collapsed relative to his peers at a minimum. I wish there was something, third party, to track his ratings like Arbitrton does in terrestial radio.
You continue to assert that Stern’s following has “collapsed relative to his peers”, but offer zero evidence to support your belief.

To the contrary, you repeatedly acknowledge that you don’t know the level of Stern’s support.

Ridiculous.

It didn't take Howard too long to dis-associate himself from Trump. Many of us initially supported Trump, or at least found his hyperbolic bravado interesting. I was one. but like others, I soon departed. I didn't even manage to stick with him until the election. He lost me somewhere between McCaine, the 'Mexican Judge', and The Khan's!
Seems you make your voting decisions based on personality rather than policy. Interesting.

A purely asinine notion.

No business pays $90M per year, on a five year contract, continuing to air a personality who’s following has “collapsed relative to his peers”, to avoid the embarrassment of losing that declining personality.

You continue to assert that Stern’s following has “collapsed relative to his peers”, but offer zero evidence to support your belief.

To the contrary, you repeatedly acknowledge that you don’t know the level of Stern’s support.

Ridiculous.
Rale-he's basically got it right.I'm probably the .001 percent of Stern fans.A superfan. Been following him since he was at DC 101. I'm on all the Stern groups,the current fans are disillusoned to say the least.The politically correct Howard suxxxxxxx.
Gone are the 'retards' ,'midgets' kkk guys.

Gary ,Eric, Wendy,Beetlejuice, Hank,Daniel Carver.........you have to youtube these people. Funniest Shit ever . Ever.

Rale-he's basically got it right.I'm probably the .001 percent of Stern fans.A superfan. Been following him since he was at DC 101. I'm on all the Stern groups,the current fans are disillusoned to say the least.The politically correct Howard suxxxxxxx.
Gone are the 'retards' ,'midgets' kkk guys.

Gary ,Eric, Wendy,Beetlejuice, Hank,Daniel Carver.........you have to youtube these people. Funniest Shit ever . Ever.
I still agree with Howard on this one point. If we passed a law that stated that If you refused the jab, then catch covid and need an ICU bed, you are refused service. If this were implemented there'd be a lot more jabs and a lot fewer anti-vaxers and the pandemic would drop out like a virgins resolve after the prom. Don't get me wrong, we are far to compassionate a society to ever implement a law like this...... But.... IMHO, It would "work".

A purely asinine notion.

Ridiculous.

Were you ever a listener? I don't think this is really debatable honestly. Stern used to have a rabid fan base that was everywhere all the time. Now his social media and reddit base is shrinking when everything else is growing. I don't blame the guy, what does he care, he is in full sell-out mode.

There is no evidence to his support, the only person who would have that works for Sirius and even then it is probably pretty difficult to pinpoint. I can just tell you from what I see and hear from people online and in person who I knew were fans.

Here's the easiest way to ask it. How many people do you know that started listening to his show in the last several years? How many have stopped listening in the last several years. It is a lopsided ratio.

I still agree with Howard on this one point. If we passed a law that stated that If you refused the jab, then catch covid and need an ICU bed, you are refused service. If this were implemented there'd be a lot more jabs and a lot fewer anti-vaxers and the pandemic would drop out like a virgins resolve after the prom. Don't get me wrong, we are far to compassionate a society to ever implement a law like this...... But.... IMHO, It would "work".

Yet you have no problem providing care for drug addicts, criminals, and people who harm themselves. Odd logic.

One version of self abuse is verbotten, the others are acceptable.

sadly, this wouldn't work. I just had a conversation with neighbors who are antii-vaxxers. 40 somethings. One is a health care worker. Both just caught Covid.
"No big deal -just like the flu".That's the mindset.
"So why didn't you get vaccinated?"
"{....dumb evasive non-answer}"

Yet you have no problem providing care for drug addicts, criminals, and people who harm themselves. Odd logic.

One version of self abuse is verbotten, the others are acceptable.
Again, there's no vaccine for obesity nor drug addiction nor alcoholism.... How is it that this still doesn't compute with you? That's the difference.......

sadly, this wouldn't work. I just had a conversation with neighbors who are antii-vaxxers. 40 somethings. One is a health care worker. Both just caught Covid.
"No big deal -just like the flu".That's the mindset.
"So why didn't you get vaccinated?"
"{....dumb evasive non-answer}"
Well, at least now they've got antibodies for awhile. But it's true.... Can't fix stupid.

Again, there's no vaccine for obesity nor drug addiction nor alcoholism.... How is it that this still doesn't compute with you? That's the difference.......

I am not sure how you are struggling with the concept of human choice.

If someone makes a choice to harm themselves, whether through refusing to do something or by doing something it is effectively the same thing. I am not sure why you are drawing a distinction between someone refusing to get the vaccine and someone who refuses to exercise, eat better, stop smoking, drinking, or doing heroin.

Oh, nevermind, I am sure why.... politics.

ABC News reports, "With more than 1,500 coronavirus-related deaths reported each day, the U.S. is now averaging the highest number of daily deaths in nearly seven months.

"States with the lowest vaccination numbers are experiencing weekly death rates nearly four times higher than the most vaccinated states, according to an ABC News analysis of federal data.

"The 10 states with the lowest vaccination rates, where under 45% of residents are fully vaccinated, averaged more than 7.39 deaths per capita each day. The 10 states with the highest vaccination rates, where more than 62% of residents are vaccinated, averaged about 1.89 deaths per capita.

"The lowest vaccination rates are in West Virginia, Wyoming, Idaho, Alabama, Mississippi, North Dakota, Georgia, Louisiana, Tennessee and Arkansas."

With the exception of Louisiana, the other states are governed by Republican governors, with nearly all having Republican legislatures.

I am not sure how you are struggling with the concept of human choice.

If someone makes a choice to harm themselves, whether through refusing to do something or by doing something it is effectively the same thing. I am not sure why you are drawing a distinction between someone refusing to get the vaccine and someone who refuses to exercise, eat better, stop smoking, drinking, or doing heroin.

Oh, nevermind, I am sure why.... politics.
Wow.... How is it that you are failing to understand that it's not the obese nor the drug addicted nor alcoholics that are clotting up ICU beds. It is the UNVACCINATED. Here..... Say it with me...... The unvaccinated are causing a shortage of ICU beds..... Tell me that it's clear to you now......

So you are denying the science concerning second hand smoke?
Your right, unlike the obese, alcoholics, smokers, criminals and drug addicts, being exposed to secondhand smoke is not someone's decision. So of course people who contracted cancer from secondhand smoke, just like heart attack patients, should be a high priority, unlike people who refuse to be vaccinated who should be a low priority. Another factor is that the obese, alcoholics, smokers and drug addicts will not spread their diseases to potentially thousands of innocent people.

Looking into secondhand smoking data just now, I wasn't surprised to find that Trumpists controlled states have the highest percentage of smokers...

Back
Top Bottom