• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Howard For President?

Hawkeye10

Buttermilk Man
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
He wants to, as an independent....the plan is the D's nominate someone too far left of the nation... then there is Trump.....we pick the only sane choice, Howard.

https://www.businessinsider.com/how...usly-considering-running-for-president-2019-1

Twitter is pissed on the fear that Howard would split the Anti Trump vote and give Trump a chance of winning.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/howard-schultzs-2020-presidential-flirtation-brutalized-on-twitter

I think Howard would never do anything to jeopardize being adored at parties, and now that it has been explained to him that he is not to jeopardize the D candidate Thrashing Trump he will quickly dump this idea.

What Say U?

He wants to, as an independent....the plan is the D's nominate someone too far left of the nation... then there is Trump.....we pick the only sane choice, Howard.

https://www.businessinsider.com/how...usly-considering-running-for-president-2019-1

Twitter is pissed on the fear that Howard would split the Anti Trump vote and give Trump a chance of winning.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/howard-schultzs-2020-presidential-flirtation-brutalized-on-twitter

I think Howard would never do anything to jeopardize being adored at parties, and now that it has been explained to him that he is not to jeopardize the D candidate Thrashing Trump he will quickly dump this idea.

What Say U?

He might lay the groundwork then wait to see if Trump wins his primary. If Trump wins the Republican nomination I agree Howard would probably pass on running. If some other person beats Trump, say Romney then you might see Howard in the race.

He might lay the groundwork then wait to see if Trump wins his primary. If Trump wins the Republican nomination I agree Howard would probably pass on running. If some other person beats Trump, say Romney then you might see Howard in the race.

He needs to pay greatly out of his own money maybe if the Elite are pissed at him to set up organizations in all of the states so that he can be on the ballot, these two treasonous parties of ours have made that very expensive/difficult...........once you have already spent a good chunk of your $3.4 BILLION nest egg you might as well go for it....He not going to spend that much money and then just drop it..your "put a toe in and see how it goes" plan is not realistic.

Last edited:
He needs to pay greatly out of his own money maybe if the Elite are pissed at him to set up organizations in all of the states so that he can be on the ballot, these two treasonous parties of ours have made that very expensive/difficult...........once you have already spent a good chunk of your $3.4 BILLION nest egg you might as well go for it......your "put a toe in and see how it goes" plan is not realistic.

Laying the groundwork is not super expensive as Bernie was able to do it. He will know in late 2019 or early 2020 if there is a viable alternative to Trump on the Republican side. Plenty of time to jump in and spend a few hundred million. In addition if it isn't against Trump there will be Democrats like a Bloomberg,Buffett,Dimon as examples who could throw big bucks his way.

Laying the groundwork is not super expensive as Bernie was able to do it. He will know in late 2019 or early 2020 if there is a viable alternative to Trump on the Republican side. Plenty of time to jump in and spend a few hundred million. In addition if it isn't against Trump there will be Democrats like a Bloomberg,Buffett,Dimon as examples who could throw big bucks his way.

I betcha all them guys hate Trump to, and dont want to jeopardize his removal, to give aid and comfort to the enemy it is called essentially anymore, these being the dark days that they are.

I betcha all them guys hate Trump to, and dont want to jeopardize his removal.

As a tried to say in the above post, they would support Howard if Trump is NOT the candidate.

What Say U?

I'm not very interested in a bored $billionaire running a vanity campaign myself. And I love the "centrist independent" label. It's beautiful. Everyone thinks of himself or herself as 'independent' - not part of the crowd, we independent thinkers think for ourselves! - and what's wrong with a centrist who simply looks for the best answer to a problem. Oh, billionaire centrist independent save us!

I guess he's got a book coming out, and maybe it will give us his ideas, but I'm not expecting much. I guess nothing changes till it changes, though, so who knows.

What Say U?

The democrats are so lucky to have so many outstanding candidates each of whom is eminently more qualified than the rest in his or her own estimation.

democrat candidate crowd.jpg

As a tried to say in the above post, they would support Howard if Trump is NOT the candidate.

That certainly needs to be pointed out by those who want to continue to have their texts answered and their calls returned from a certain sect.

The democrats are so lucky to have so many outstanding candidates each of whom is eminently more qualified than the rest in his or her own estimation.

View attachment 67249029

What has this got to do with Howard and should he run for President?

Surely you have the tie, because otherwise this post would be spam.

I'm not very interested in a bored $billionaire running a vanity campaign myself. And I love the "centrist independent" label. It's beautiful. Everyone thinks of himself or herself as 'independent' - not part of the crowd, we independent thinkers think for ourselves! - and what's wrong with a centrist who simply looks for the best answer to a problem. Oh, billionaire centrist independent save us!

I guess he's got a book coming out, and maybe it will give us his ideas, but I'm not expecting much. I guess nothing changes till it changes, though, so who knows.

Clearly you dont know Howard, this is all about him stepping up and doing his part to save the world.

Clearly you dont know Howard, this is all about him stepping up and doing his part to save the world.

I can't tell if you're serious or not. If you are, I'll just say he's got a long way to go to convince me he's not just another self important $billionaire narcissist who somehow thinks what's missing in this sorry world of ours is his unique and awesome centrist independentism not tied to any party or movement, etc.......

I can't tell if you're serious or not. If you are, I'll just say he's got a long way to go to convince me he's not just another self important $billionaire narcissist who somehow thinks what's missing in this sorry world of ours is his unique and awesome centrist independentism not tied to any party or movement, etc.......

I am serious, my wife is with Starbucks, at the Mother Ship, and she is very tied into the goings on due to her job........the people at Starbucks know who Howard is because he was there a long time, and he tries to be honest, and because he has put himself on such display. .

Last edited:
I dont know that Howard was pushed out at Starbucks but was clearly time for him to go. Kevin took the Com and immediately had board support for a full reorganization to include letting lots of people go, firing Friends of Howard who had been coming up short for years, and changing the business mix. The plan to enter Europe was aborted on the grounds that it would be expensive not not likely to work, The Roasteries have been a disappointment and has been scaled back, Princi likewise. Kevin has done some other things too. The company is deep into China and if that goes bad this company is up **** Creek, but they cant do much about that. It already is looking bad, China same store sales were up just 1% at last read, and they are still opening a new store every 15 hours...that is all Howard.

In the end Howard became a celeb both inside and outside the company, with poor judgment and with a lack of willingness see truth.....Ideology took over his brain.

He would not make a good President.

EDIT: BTW Starbucks is setting up needle boxes in bathrooms now to protect its workers after inviting all non customers to use them, which might be all Howards fault as well.

Last edited:
What has this got to do with Howard and should he run for President?

Surely you have the tie, because otherwise this post would be spam.

Howard can be the new Ross Perot democrat spoiler in independent clothing. I hope Americans have better sense this time than to fall for that again.

I was worried this sort of thing was going to happen. In the end we are going to see a slew of CEO's, ex-CEO's, and other elites from Wall Street make a run at the Presidency on the assumption of appealing to the people as a business.

Right from the OP article... a quote by Howard Schultz himself... "When I hear people espousing free government-paid college, free government-paid health care, and a free government job for everyone — on top of a $21 trillion debt — the question is, how are we paying for all this and not bankrupting the country?"

Right off the bat we have an aged appeal to fiscal conservatism that never really existed anyway, but that tone matched with the rhetoric of "revenge politics" is also an appeal to Independents presumably with the hope of pulling of what Perot failed to do.

This is familiar territory just fast forwarded to what Trump did to this nation.

I offer... we are ****ing up. Independents need a real independent, not a CEO with a political plan complaining about political plans.

I was worried this sort of thing was going to happen. In the end we are going to see a slew of CEO's, ex-CEO's, and other elites from Wall Street make a run at the Presidency on the assumption of appealing to the people as a business.

Right from the OP article... a quote by Howard Schultz himself... "When I hear people espousing free government-paid college, free government-paid health care, and a free government job for everyone — on top of a $21 trillion debt — the question is, how are we paying for all this and not bankrupting the country?"

Right off the bat we have an aged appeal to fiscal conservatism that never really existed anyway, but that tone matched with the rhetoric of "revenge politics" is also an appeal to Independents presumably with the hope of pulling of what Perot failed to do.

This is familiar territory just fast forwarded to what Trump did to this nation.

I offer... we are ****ing up. Independents need a real independent, not a CEO with a political plan complaining about political plans.

Ya OK but then let me ask you this.....this society does a crap job of developing leaders, we have long known this and long not cared....The military does it though not as well as I would like, I have lots of beefs with the last many decades of officers........we need real leaders now......where do you intend to find them?

Maybe CEO and Military Man are your only choices.

View attachment 67249029

Yeah, welcome to politics. I bet there's a few Republicans who think they're more qualified than Trump.

Ya OK but then let me ask you this.....this society does a crap job of developing leaders, we have long known this and long not cared....The military does it though not as well as I would like, I have lots of beefs with the last many decades of officers........we need real leaders now......where do you intend to find them?

Maybe CEO and Military Man are your only choices.

Good men are made by the transformational power of God. Bad actors are those who never get help from God to overcome the inherited sin and deception which drives them to think and do what is bad.

Good men are made by the transformational power of God. Bad actors are those who never get help from God to overcome the inherited sin and deception which drives them to think and do what is bad.

The subject here is leaders, not good men.

What Say U?

I read the first link until I came across this: 'In a "60 Minutes" interview with correspondent Scott Pelley, Schultz hammered President Donald Trump for his lack of qualifications.' Then I laughed so much I quit reading. Which qualifications does Schultz have to becoming president other than bashing Trump?:lamo

I think Schultz was saying he didn't think Trump had the correct political ideology to be president. Too bad Schultz is falling into the same bad habit of imprecise speaking as Trump. Maybe Schultz thinks imprecise speaking is a prerequisite to becoming president?

Last edited:
I say you are correct. Trump is going to need something to help him win, he won't do it with the votes alone. His base of fox, breitbart, info wars and the drudge report aren't enough.

He needs to pay greatly out of his own money maybe if the Elite are pissed at him to set up organizations in all of the states so that he can be on the ballot, these two treasonous parties of ours have made that very expensive/difficult...........once you have already spent a good chunk of your $3.4 BILLION nest egg you might as well go for it....He not going to spend that much money and then just drop it..your "put a toe in and see how it goes" plan is not realistic.

The elite, you guys make me laugh with that word. Trump lives in a tower, where do you live? Trump flies around in a plane with his name on it, do you own a plane? Trump has gold dripping from his toilets, how about you? Trump claims to be very rich, an elite. He's so elite he called the white house a dump. Now, what were you saying about the elites?

The elite, you guys make me laugh with that word. Trump lives in a tower, where do you live? Trump flies around in a plane with his name on it, do you own a plane? Trump has gold dripping from his toilets, how about you? Trump claims to be very rich, an elite. He's so elite he called the white house a dump. Now, what were you saying about the elites?

The Trump Fever is really something to behold.....

Your god must have missed trump, or you don't apply what you preach. The guy is a serial liar and woman abuser and probably a traitor. What's not to like right?

Back
Top Bottom