• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Howard Dean proves that dishonesty is a key component in the Democratic platform

Grim17

Battle Ready
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
For the last few of years, I've pondered the question, "Do democrats lie because of ignorance, or because of choice?" Thanks to former chairman of the DNC and 2004 presidential candidate Howard Dean, that question has finally been laid to rest for me.

Democrats lie by choice.

In fact, it's now apparent that dishonesty has become such an big part of the progressive/democratic political strategy, that lying is not only acceptable, but encouraged within their ranks.

After watching Howard Dean blatantly lie on Sunday about certain actions taken by Fox News, just so he could justify calling the network "Racist".... and then watching a Chris Wallace call him out on his lies on national television, then proceed to inform him of the actual facts, I really thought that would be the last time we'd ever hear that lie come out of Dean's mouth....

Here's the clip:

YouTube - Chris Wallace cleans Howard Deans clock! Dean LIES when Beck airs Shirley Sherrod video on FOX.flv

Then, the very next day on MSNBC, Dean repeated the exact same lie once again, which got the attention of Special Report host Bret Baier.

YouTube - Bret Baier Takes on Howard Dean for Lying About Fox News!

Nobody can be that ignorant. It's clear that Howard Dean has made a conscience choice to make dishonesty a vital component in his political strategy to advance the democratic party and the progressive agenda. Based on the sheer volume of blatant dishonesty and shameless lies I've heard come out of the mouths of the democratic leadership over the last few years, I am convinced that this has become an accepted political strategy to progressives, and is now vital part of the democratic platform. The fact that nobody from the main stream media or the democratic party will contradict what Dean said or step up and set the record straight, will only serve to justify my beliefs

But that's just my opinion.

Now would anyone care defend Howard Dean, or come up with an alternative reason

But the myriad of lies Fox news pushes daily don't matter?

But the myriad of lies Fox news pushes daily don't matter?

You all never get tired of using the worn out liberal tactic of avoiding an issue and trying to change the subject, do you?

Would you care to comment of the actual topic of this thread?...... didn't think so.... we'll see ya.

I guess the answer to that question is "no".

It's nice to see that even the democrats and progressives here agree, that Howard Dean is a lying scumbag.

Howard Dean was very accurate and honest. it is faux news and its defenders who are lying about this matter:
... Fox News did peddle the story before Sherrod resigned. Fox News peddled the story online. And Fox News peddled it in two different online forums prior to Sherrod's resignation on July 19.

And in a new report from Politico, Fox News Senior Vice President of News Michael Clemente confirms that fact ...:

But FoxNews.com did run a story about the existence of the video, titled "Video Shows USDA Official Saying She Didn't Give 'Full Force' of Help to White Farmer" at 5:58 p.m. on Monday, an hour before the Agriculture Department announced Sherrod’s resignation. And Wednesday, Clemente told POLITICO that was a mistake.

"There was a breakdown in the system, and it is being addressed," he said. "But it must say something about the power of Fox, that a week after she resigned, we're still talking about this."

The breakdown occurred following Fox's afternoon news meeting that day, when Clemente, according to The Washington Post's Howard Kurtz offered the following advice: "Let's take our time and get the facts straight on this story. Can we get confirmation and comments from Sherrod before going on-air. Let's make sure we do this right."

Clemente said he gave the advice in the meeting, not in a memo to staff, and his guidance clearly did not make it down to the reporter and producers who put the story on FoxNews.com.

And note this:

Earlier in the day, Fox Nation, a news and opinion website run by Fox News, posted a YouTube version of the video under the headline," Obama Official Discriminates Against White Farmer," with a link to Breitbart's post.

The first comment on the Fox Nation articles is at 1:43 p.m., about five hours after Breitbart posted the video to his site.

And keep in mind a subsequent Foxnews.com article seemed to take credit for ousting Sherrod:

The Agriculture Department announced Monday, shortly after FoxNews.com published its initial report on the video, that Sherrod had resigned.
Fox News exec confirms it did *peddle Sherrod story before she was fired | Media Matters for America

now look at the second youtube the OP is trying to peddle as showing faux news was not culpable
he cycles thru the day pretending that nothing was posted regarding the USDA/sherrod matter when in fact it had been
the way that faux commentator gets away with his lie is that he specifically notes that sherrod's NAME was not mentioned. maybe not, but she was referred to as the Obama official.

let's look at this again to see who is lying:
Earlier in the day, Fox Nation, a news and opinion website run by Fox News, posted a YouTube version of the video under the headline," Obama Official Discriminates Against White Farmer," with a link to Breitbart's post.

The first comment on the Fox Nation articles is at 1:43 p.m., about five hours after Breitbart posted the video to his site.

And keep in mind a subsequent Foxnews.com article seemed to take credit for ousting Sherrod:

The Agriculture Department announced Monday, shortly after FoxNews.com published its initial report on the video, that Sherrod had resigned.

It's a real shame for you, that the Politico story you just linked to, as well as the Media Matters story, actually contradict your entire post. Here is a quote from the article:

But FoxNews.com did run a story about the existence of the video, titled "Video Shows USDA Official Saying She Didn't Give 'Full Force' of Help to White Farmer" at 5:58 p.m. on Monday, an hour before the Agriculture Department announced Sherrod’s resignation. And Wednesday, Clemente told POLITICO that was a mistake.

Obviously you don't understand that when the USDA announced her resignation, and when she actually resigned, are completely different events. It should come as no surprise to anyone, that Media Matters conveniently left out the following paragraph from that Politico story:

Clemente noted that, although FoxNews.com did put out a story before Sherrod's resignation was announced, it was published after she actually resigned, since it has been widely reported that she was pressured to get her resignation in before Glenn Beck's 5 p.m. show on Fox.

Howard Dean lied his partisan ass off, just like Media Matters does on a daily basis.

I recommend that you actually watch the videos I linked to, instead of running to a liberal propaganda site to get your talking points.... That is of course if you are actually interested in the truth... which based on your post, I highly doubt.

Last edited:
For the last few of years, I've pondered the question, "Do democrats lie because of ignorance, or because of choice?" Thanks to former chairman of the DNC and 2004 presidential candidate Howard Dean, that question has finally been laid to rest for me.

Democrats lie by choice.

In fact, it's now apparent that dishonesty has become such an big part of the progressive/democratic political strategy, that lying is not only acceptable, but encouraged within their ranks.

After watching Howard Dean blatantly lie on Sunday about certain actions taken by Fox News, just so he could justify calling the network "Racist".... and then watching a Chris Wallace call him out on his lies on national television, then proceed to inform him of the actual facts, I really thought that would be the last time we'd ever hear that lie come out of Dean's mouth....

Here's the clip:

YouTube - Chris Wallace cleans Howard Deans clock! Dean LIES when Beck airs Shirley Sherrod video on FOX.flv

Then, the very next day on MSNBC, Dean repeated the exact same lie once again, which got the attention of Special Report host Bret Baier.

Nobody can be that ignorant. It's clear that Howard Dean has made a conscience choice to make dishonesty a vital component in his political strategy to advance the democratic party and the progressive agenda. Based on the sheer volume of blatant dishonesty and shameless lies I've heard come out of the mouths of the democratic leadership over the last few years, I am convinced that this has become an accepted political strategy to progressives, and is now vital part of the democratic platform. The fact that nobody from the main stream media or the democratic party will contradict what Dean said or step up and set the record straight, will only serve to justify my beliefs

Of COURSE Howie Dean is a lying scumbag...but the simple fact is this is the democrat party playbook and will be til the election.

"Mary Frances Berry Professor of American Social Thought and History, U. Penn. :
Tainting the tea party movement with the charge of racism is proving to be an effective strategy for Democrats. There is no evidence that tea party adherents are any more racist than other Republicans, and indeed many other Americans. But getting them to spend their time purging their ranks and having candidates distance themselves should help Democrats win in November. Having one’s opponent rebut charges of racism is far better than discussing joblessness."

Well now...whoa...who knew that they would use racism to avoid facts? Well...Bill Clinton did. He got slimed and labelled a racist...they took his ghetto card. He went from being "the first black president" to a racist all because he dared to challenge The Ones experience during the dem primaries.

It's a real shame for you, that the Politico story you just linked to, as well as the Media Matters story, actually contradict your entire post. Here is a quote from the article:

Obviously you don't understand that when the USDA announced her resignation, and when she actually resigned, are completely different events. It should come as no surprise to anyone, that Media Matters conveniently left out the following paragraph from that Politico story:

Howard Dean lied his partisan ass off, just like Media Matters does on a daily basis.

I recommend that you actually watch the videos I linked to, instead of running to a liberal propaganda site to get your talking points.... That is of course if you are actually interested in the truth... which based on your post, I highly doubt.

the faux network posted the video at 1:43pm
the cite was previously shared; apparently you missed the salient facts proving howard dean is the truth teller in this situation and faux news ... not so much

the faux network posted the video at 1:43pm
the cite was previously shared; apparently you missed the salient facts proving howard dean is the truth teller in this situation and faux news ... not so much

Here we go again... Can't you people ever get your facts straight?

Foxnews.com did not publish the story at 1:43pm, Fox Nation did. Do you know what Fox Nation is? Fox Nation is a public blog, not a news site like foxnews.com is.

Do you understand what that means?

That means that every story that appears there is done by a blogger, not a reporter from Fox News. I'll be willing to bet, that you will ignore this inconvenient fact, keep pushing your lies, and make up a few more whoppers along the way.

Be sure that Media Matters gives you a big wet kiss while your pulling your pants back up.... Nite.

Democrats lie by choice.

Here's the clip:

If that was what you were pondering, you have wasted your time, due to ignorance

A lie is

A lie is a type of deception in the form of an untruthful statement, especially with the intention to deceive others, often with the further intention to maintain a secret or reputation, protect someone's feelings or to avoid a punishment or repercussion for one's actions. To lie is to state something that one knows to be false or that one does not honestly believe to be true with the intention that a person will take it for the truth. A liar is a person who is lying, who has previously lied, or who tends by nature to lie repeatedly - even when not necessary
Lie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now if we were to use your pondering as being factual, we would have to conclude that you are lieing because you are ignorant, or deliberately doing so.

I will let you decide what type of "lier" you are, an ignorant one or a deliberate one

Here we go again... Can't you people ever get your facts straight?

Foxnews.com did not publish the story at 1:43pm, Fox Nation did. Do you know what Fox Nation is? Fox Nation is a public blog, not a news site like foxnews.com is.

Do you understand what that means?

That means that every story that appears there is done by a blogger, not a reporter from Fox News. I'll be willing to bet, that you will ignore this inconvenient fact, keep pushing your lies, and make up a few more whoppers along the way.

Be sure that Media Matters gives you a big wet kiss while your pulling your pants back up.... Nite.

you want to pretend the faux network has clean hands in this matter
and i have documented for you that it does not
Howard Dean was quite accurate. the faux network was dirty in this matter and gives appearance of supporting racist activities

If that was what you were pondering, you have wasted your time, due to ignorance

A lie is

Lie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now if we were to use your pondering as being factual, we would have to conclude that you are lieing because you are ignorant, or deliberately doing so.

I will let you decide what type of "lier" you are, an ignorant one or a deliberate one

Hehe.. Thanks for that. That made my day! :)

Where do you people come from?

Tim-

How can you be so arrogant when up are sooooooo wrong?
Howard Dean was correct and you are so wrong.
FoxNews.com missed the meeting | Media Matters for America
Fox News apologists still trying to spin the Sherrod fiasco | Media Matters for America

Nite

Dude. Really. You hardly every use anything but Media Matters as your backup for anything, and you rail on Fox News all the time?

Nonetheless, as has been painstakingly established in other threads, this tidbit from your Media Matters story is a flat out lie:

As our timeline of the Sherrod smear shows, on Monday afternoon, prior to her resignation, FoxNews.com reported on the story without the comment from Sherrod that Clemente indicated was crucial. In fact, while the story indicates that "FoxNews.com is seeking a response from both the NAACP and the USDA," it gives no indication that they tried to contact Sherrod herself. In a follow-up report published some time before 5 p.m., FoxNews.com reported that USDA had announced Sherrod's resignation "shortly after FoxNews.com published its initial report on the video."

Because the FoxNews.com story which they reference wasn't posted until 5:58 pm. She resigned before FoxNews.com posted that story.

And, the USDA didn't announce Sherrod's resignation until after 6:00 pm.

This is flat-out, bald-faced lie. There's no wiggle room here.

If you defend this, you really are nothing but a Media Matters robot. There's no other conclusion to be reached.

Not a big fan of Howard Dean but do acknowledge that he is very good at his job.

Point to remind ourselves of: The White House and crew are the ones who bizarrely fired the lady (Sherrod). And yet most all the cycles/oxygen in the political blog space are getting consumed over the minutiae of whether Foxnews TV is the "same thing" as foxnews.com.

Suspect Dean knew he was making things up the first time he made the accusation against Fox. And he certainly knew it the second time. But regardless, he has successfully shifted the Sherrod focus away from the Democrats and the WH.

Borders on the surreal....

Not a big fan of Howard Dean but do acknowledge that he is very good at his job.

Point to remind ourselves of: The White House and crew are the ones who bizarrely fired the lady (Sherrod). And yet most all the cycles/oxygen in the political blog space are getting consumed over the minutiae of whether Foxnews TV is the "same thing" as foxnews.com.

Suspect Dean knew he was making things up the first time he made the accusation against Fox. And he certainly knew it the second time. But regardless, he has successfully shifted the Sherrod focus away from the Democrats and the WH.

Borders on the surreal....

actually, media matters has demonstrated that the faux network had run the yourtube before the forced resignation
showing Dr. Dean to have been absolutely correct in his assertions
the faux network, by its actions, supports racism in our country

No, Dean insists they ran it on the air. His bizarre qualification of "they may not have mentioned her name" shows he really has no idea what they did.

Howard Dean is simply executing the deomcrat playbook. Sure...he is a scumbag...but does this REALLY surprise anyone?

"After reading the words of Mary Frances Berry, one of the more prominent leaders in the far-left black political scene, one need no longer merely surmise this. In an astonishingly frank email to Politico, Berry declares that the tea-partiers-as-racists meme is “an effective strategy for Democrats” despite the fact that she believes “there is no evidence that tea party adherents are any more racist than other Republicans, and indeed many other Americans.”

Here’s the full quote:

“Tainting the tea party movement with the charge of racism is proving to be an effective strategy for Democrats. There is no evidence that tea party adherents are any more racist than other Republicans, and indeed many other Americans. But getting them to spend their time purging their ranks and having candidates distance themselves should help Democrats win in November. Having one’s opponent rebut charges of racism is far better than discussing joblessness.”

Aside from the morality of knowingly advancing a blatantly false line of thinking, Berry and her cohort’s embrace of race-baiting has real implications for race relations as R. Dozier Gray, a member of the conservative black group Project 21 put it in a statement about Berry’s remarks:

“This willful and purposeful use of the race card for nothing more than political gain is toxic to race relations, and Mary Frances Berry must know that. But she evidently does not care. Based on her comment, political posturing takes primacy over whatever real issues regarding race that she might pretend are her calling cards. I have seen this all before. I find it shameful.”

Read more at the Washington Examiner: Mary Frances Berry: Tea Party not really racist but so what? | Washington Examiner

fact, per michael clemente of faux news:
FoxNews.com did run a story about the existence of the video, titled "Video Shows USDA Official Saying She Didn't Give 'Full Force' of Help to White Farmer" at 5:58 p.m. on Monday, an hour before the Agriculture Department announced Sherrod’s resignation
"There was a breakdown in the system, and it is being addressed," he said.
Dr. Dean was correct about that
and he was correct about the faux network's embrace of racism

fact, per michael clemente of faux news:

Dr. Dean was correct about that
and he was correct about the faux network's embrace of racism

So many times now, I've had to correct this lie.

The lady resigned from her job before 5pm that day... This according to Sherrod herself, so Howard Dean is a lying sack of ****.

Back
Top Bottom