• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Howard Dean does it again, opens mouth inserts foot......

I find it funny that people don't realize that an outside country can't win a civil war. That is what happened in Nam and though, Iraq didn't start out as a civil war, it has definitely turned into one. Don't be fooled by the "terrorist" tactic. Perhaps we could start a war on left flank maneuvers or ambushes next.

KCConservative said:
Exactly, I have never understood Simon's elephants. He's the biggest and most uninformed lib on the forum. No one is buying his republican story. He's a hater.

KCConservative said:
And you'll do well to note I was replying to Navy Pride.

[mod mode]
And you KCC would do well to respect the moderator postion a bit more. This is a debate forum, not for carrying personal vendettas on anyone including moderaters. We have been banning people recently for this type of behaviour KCC and you are dancing on thin ice my friend. So guess what - you've got another warning. The next one WILL BE a suspension, no ifs or buts.
Have a nice day.
[mod mode]

Navy Pride said:
hips, since I like to get information on what the other side is doing I have watched Moyers on PBS for years and he is not on a liberal but he is a partisan hack.........I am glad he was either fired or retired..........I don't think taxpayers money should pay for any partisan on public TV whether they be republican or democrat, liberal or conservative..........

If you were watching when he exposed lies about Clinton, which he did, I doubt you would have been saying the same thing.

If your saying that you don't want the news on PBS to do anymuckraking - i.e. triend to expose the truth - I'm against you 100%. To me, that's what they are there for - an independent news organisation.

Sorry - this belongs in a different thread.

Back to your bashing of Dean..........

GarzaUK said:
[mod mode]
And you KCC would do well to respect the moderator postion a bit more. [mod mode]

Of course. From now on, what Simon says, goes.

KCConservative said:
Of course. From now on, what Simon says, goes.
that's good to hear there buddy.

Any other mods want to pile on?

This back and forth goes both ways, I don't like what I'm seeing from either side here.:roll:

Deegan said:
Any other mods want to pile on?

This back and forth goes both ways, I don't like what I'm seeing from either side here.:roll:
Hey, Deegan, forget it. Simon is right. That is everything we need to know.

KCConservative said:
Hey, Deegan, forget it. Simon is right. That is everything we need to know.

And you're not helping, just let it go man.

Deegan said:
And you're not helping, just let it go man.
I'm not sure I understand. I mean it. What Simon says goes.

Simon W. Moon said:
Can I have cite for this?
AFAICT, my party's nominee was the incumbent George W. Bush.

Simon, you kind of made yourself the subject with the above comment.....

Anyhow I am done on discussing your political beliefs.....

hipsterdufus said:
If you were watching when he exposed lies about Clinton, which he did, I doubt you would have been saying the same thing.

If your saying that you don't want the news on PBS to do anymuckraking - i.e. triend to expose the truth - I'm against you 100%. To me, that's what they are there for - an independent news organisation.

Sorry - this belongs in a different thread.

Back to your bashing of Dean..........

I just think the democratic party should have been paying Moyers salary........not me...........I don't agree with anything he says ......

But your right, it is a different thread.........

independent_thinker2002 said:
I find it funny that people don't realize that an outside country can't win a civil war. That is what happened in Nam and though, Iraq didn't start out as a civil war, it has definitely turned into one. Don't be fooled by the "terrorist" tactic. Perhaps we could start a war on left flank maneuvers or ambushes next.

27,000,000 million law abiding Iraqis to 10,000 terrorists is hardly a Civil War my friend.............I would venture to say the amount terrorists percentage wise in this country is higher...

Navy Pride said:
27,000,000 million law abiding Iraqis to 10,000 terrorists is hardly a Civil War my friend.............I would venture to say the amount terrorists percentage wise in this country is higher...

Cite your source. I don't think we can trust the DOD's stats. If it were such a minority the Iraqi's wouldn't need us there. By your own words it sounds like we need our troops at home.

BTW, Does a civil war have to be 50/50 population-wise? One group against another for control of a control is all it takes.

Cite your source. I don't think we can trust the DOD's stats. If it were such a minority the Iraqi's wouldn't need us there. By your own words it sounds like we need our troops at home.

BTW, Does a civil war have to be 50/50 population-wise? One group against another for control of a control is all it takes.

It has been cited............That is what Senator Leiberman democrat said in his op ed in the USA Today last week after his 4th visit to Iraq in the last 17 months..........There is a thread on the op-ed.......Check it out since you have fallen behind on the current news.....:roll:

I don't have a problem with anyone stating the obvious (ie the war in Iraq is one we cannot win) and it always surprises me when a statement of what is obvious to everyone is nonetheless controversial due to political sentiment.

faminedynasty said:
I don't have a problem with anyone stating the obvious (ie the war in Iraq is one we cannot win) and it always surprises me when a statement of what is obvious to everyone is nonetheless controversial due to political sentiment.

Then you fit right in with the dems who have lost the stomach to fight and want to cut and run.....Congratulations.......:roll:

Navy Pride said:
It has been cited............That is what Senator Leiberman democrat said in his op ed in the USA Today last week after his 4th visit to Iraq in the last 17 months..........There is a thread on the op-ed.......Check it out since you have fallen behind on the current news.....:roll:

Funny how you can cite a liberal when it suits you, albeit a hawkish one. I have visited Indiana numerous times, it doesn't mean I know everything that goes on there.

Funny how you can cite a liberal when it suits you, albeit a hawkish one. I have visited Indiana numerous times, it doesn't mean I know everything that goes on there.

That has to be one of the most stipid comparisons I have ever seen in this forum.....Leiberman actually went to Iraq 4 times to find out how things are progressing there.........Indiana...Get a clue will you....:roll:

Navy Pride said:
That has to be one of the most stipid comparisons I have ever seen in this forum.....Leiberman actually went to Iraq 4 times to find out how things are progressing there.........Indiana...Get a clue will you....:roll:

No really, you should get a clue. Do you think that government officials get to see the good or the bad areas. When you learn how to type/spell then perhaps you can comment on how "stipid" something is, until then stick to your pride parades.

No really, you should get a clue. Do you think that government officials get to see the good or the bad areas. When you learn how to type/spell then perhaps you can comment on how "stipid" something is, until then stick to your pride parades.

Pride parades?:confused: never been to one.that is where you hang out......:roll:

Navy Pride said:
Pride parades?:confused: never been to one.that is where you hang out......:roll:

:rofl C'mon, you can tell us. You are retired. "Don't ask, don't tell" doesn't apply anymore.:lol:

Navy Pride said:
I just think the democratic party should have been paying Moyers salary........not me...........I don't agree with anything he says ......

But your right, it is a different thread.........

The Dem party is by no means paying Moyers' salary.
As I said - Moyers is calling for PBS to become TOTALLY independent of Government funding and to rely totally on donations. I agree.

Navy Pride said:
Then you fit right in with the dems who have lost the stomach to fight and want to cut and run.....Congratulations.......:roll:

The rational that we should stay because we're there is circular logic.

Now Bush is talking about "historians 50 years from now will say..."

Bottom line:
War in Afghanistan - Good
Kill / Capture Bin Laden - Good
Iraq War - Bad

Hell - I would take 30K or so troops from Iraq and use them to hunt down Osama. The vast majority in the country, not just the Dems, now believe that we were led into the Iraq war on false premises. The adminstration is already admitting (three years after the fact) that their intelligence was flawed.

It's not cowardly to save American lives in Iraq. In fact, I would argue the reverse.

Back to Howard:

http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051210/NEWS02/512100315/1010/NEWS01
"Our troops deserve better," he said. "This time, Democrats are determined to set a different course for the nation - now - to tell the truth to the American people and save the lives of American soldiers, and keep America safe.

"We want no more walls with 55,000 names of courageous Americans who were let down by their government," said Dean. "Democrats are united - we are united in our belief that we can and must win the war on terror."

The GOP advertisement featured a quote in which Dean said the Iraq war cannot be won by American forces. In his speech, he distinguished between Iraq and a broader terror war - saying 50,000 National Guard and reserve troops should be withdrawn within six months and that 20,000 others should be deployed to Afghanistan.
Dean also said American forces should "be stationed in the region, but not in Iraq" to deal with insurgents.

"I, as a Democrat, am proud of our troops," he said. "I am proud to lead a party offering America a new direction and together, America can do better."

hipsterdufus said:
The Dem party is by no means paying Moyers' salary.
As I said - Moyers is calling for PBS to become TOTALLY independent of Government funding and to rely totally on donations. I agree.

I am not saying they are paying his salary, I am saying they should be paying it..........

If you took gov funding away from PBS it would go belly up........

Back
Top Bottom