• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Howard Dean Admits Obamacare Includes Death Panels, Wants Them Repealed

Dear Brother American,,Of course I got the joke.

I responded "he only reason I don't off myself right now is because the cats need a father figure.". Don't you get the joke?

:)

Hmm, guess I missed it, wasn't paying attention. Sorry.

I did as you suggested but I'm not sure what you hoped I would take from this. I thought I was the guy complaining about Million Dollar Murrays" and now I'm not sure if we are agreeing or disagreeing.

Help me out and get us back on track.

You should do a google check on Million Dollar Murray. And it would blow your mind how many Murray's are out there.

I did as you suggested but I'm not sure what you hoped I would take from this. I thought I was the guy complaining about Million Dollar Murrays" and now I'm not sure if we are agreeing or disagreeing.

Help me out and get us back on track.

If you read it then you realize the REAL waste is not with the ancient and decrepit but rather with the young. Defund the malingerers in their 20's...imagine the dough we can save.

My error. I did read your post but I took that for either humor or sarcasm. There's no possibility of societal acceptance. Nobody will even give this a moment of serious consideration. However, a rational limitation on extraordinary measures to give to some predetermined age point to eke out a few more months in the hospice, is at least plausible.

If you read it then you realize the REAL waste is not with the ancient and decrepit but rather with the young. Defund the malingerers in their 20's...imagine the dough we can save.

My error. I did read your post but I took that for either humor or sarcasm. There's no possibility of societal acceptance. Nobody will even give this a moment of serious consideration. However, a rational limitation on extraordinary measures to give to some predetermined age point to eke out a few more months in the hospice, is at least plausible.

That's pretty tragic and frankly, it's ageist. Those seniors you are willing to pull the plug on have contributed to society more in the past than the multitudes of malingerers and many, even at an advanced age, still do. Seems to me it's really just a matter of 'sales'. We should be able to more effectively sell pulling the plug on worthless malingerers than on the elderly.

That's pretty tragic and frankly, it's ageist. Those seniors you are willing to pull the plug on have contributed to society more in the past than the multitudes of malingerers and many, even at an advanced age, still do. Seems to me it's really just a matter of 'sales'. We should be able to more effectively sell pulling the plug on worthless malingerers than on the elderly.
How about we place an unbiased value on all lives each year? How many take the hit depends on how much we are willing to spend that year. Girl at 17 with working parts, high value. Grandpa with a bad ticker, see ya! We aren't made of money so let's stop acting like it.

Last edited:
by Steven Ertelt
7/29/13

When Congress debated Obamacare, pro-life advocates and Republicans like Sarah Palin were castigated for claiming the government-run health care program would include death panels that would ration health care treatment.

Now, former presidential candidate Howard Dean has essentially admitted they were right and is calling for the repeal of the Independent Payment Advisory Board (IPAB). In a Wall Street Journal op-ed Monday he called the IPAB “essentially a health-care rationing body” that he believes will fail.

“There does have to be control of costs in our health-care system. However, rate setting — the essential mechanism of the IPAB — has a 40-year track record of failure,” Dean wrote.

Dean, who is a healthcare industry representative as a senior adviser at the law and lobbying firm McKenna Long & Aldridge, said his experience as governor of Vermont turned him off to government control of healthcare prices.

Read more:
Howard Dean Admits Obamacare Includes Death Panels, Wants Them Repealed | LifeNews.com

First off, in bold, disqualifies Dean (YYEYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH) from what little credibility he had.

Next, if you don't think that private insurance doesn't operate much more ruthless "death panels", you're delusional

That is, IF they will give you insurance at all, and if they do... maybe you can afford it.

Lastly, if 95 year old granny has terminal cancer but wants experimental treatment amounting to $1,000,000 a month to prolong her life a few weeks... if that is rationing to you... I just don't know what to say.

Meanwhile, as this debate has been languishing, we have brought down the costs of healthcare for those dealing with chronic disease by millions a month by "rationing" health care. That is, they aren't limited in their healthcare, they are dealt with proactively to keep them out of the emergency rooms in the first place. It's closely monitored, immediate, managed care. Participants in the pilot programs reported improved health, decreased costs and less time in the hospital by catching CD episodes before they become critical. If you want to call that rationing...

The elderly that have made such large societal contributions should have accumulated enough money to purchase insurance that covers this or pay cash for it. How is that not reasonable.

Letting malingerers die off is indeed a touching fantasy. But my plan is more functional. What about elderly malingerers?

How about we place an unbiased value on all lives each year? How many take the hit depends on how much we are willing to spend that year. Girl at 17 with working parts, high value. Grandpa with a bad ticker, see ya! We aren't made of money so let's stop acting like it.
Girl at 17 with working parts, procreating like a rabbit, cranking out kids by numerous baby daddies...all of them being a drain on society...yeah...thats a surefire path to Idiocracy. But I like where you are going with it. We could actually place a value on them based on their ACTUAL VALUE to society. Nice! THATS progressive thinking!

The elderly that have made such large societal contributions should have accumulated enough money to purchase insurance that covers this or pay cash for it. How is that not reasonable.

Letting malingerers die off is indeed a touching fantasy. But my plan is more functional. What about elderly malingerers?
Sure...elderly malingerers. But why do you give half a **** about the younger ones? No value...let them die.

Sure...elderly malingerers. But why do you give half a **** about the younger ones? No value...let them die.

OK by me but I doubt this legislation is coming anytime soon. OTOH, we already have (claims of) Death Panels. So, I have possibilities of immediate gratification while you're standing at the center of the roadway, waiting for a Unicorn.

by Steven Ertelt
7/29/13

When Congress debated Obamacare, pro-life advocates and Republicans like Sarah Palin were castigated for claiming the government-run health care program would include death panels that would ration health care treatment.

Now, former presidential candidate Howard Dean has essentially admitted they were right and is calling for the repeal of the Independent Payment Advisory Board (IPAB). In a Wall Street Journal op-ed Monday he called the IPAB “essentially a health-care rationing body” that he believes will fail.

“There does have to be control of costs in our health-care system. However, rate setting — the essential mechanism of the IPAB — has a 40-year track record of failure,” Dean wrote.

Dean, who is a healthcare industry representative as a senior adviser at the law and lobbying firm McKenna Long & Aldridge, said his experience as governor of Vermont turned him off to government control of healthcare prices.

Read more:
Howard Dean Admits Obamacare Includes Death Panels, Wants Them Repealed | LifeNews.com

For the love of God!!! And for the 1,286,217th time, why do people exaggerate????

Do people really think!! we don't have death panels now?? They're called insurance executives. And they'll still be around. That ain't changing. They, along with the AMA, and probably with the aid of government-acquired statistics, decide who gets what, for how long, until when, and when enough is enough. I think it's called "appropriate standards of care" or some-such.

After all, you must remember that if our doctors and hospitals had their way, we'd be tied to chairs and put on breathing machines until we dried up and blew away.

OK by me but I doubt this legislation is coming anytime soon. OTOH, we already have (claims of) Death Panels. So, I have possibilities of immediate gratification while you're standing at the center of the roadway, waiting for a Unicorn.

It won't be a unicorn that brings about that kind of change. With some states approaching bankruptcy and Medicaid debts running eve higher it will be economic collapse that will bring it about. Unfortunately...the useless slime will drag everyone else down with them when it happens.

Back
Top Bottom