• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How you fight lies when they own the media

View attachment 67214826 This works it destroyed the fat guy , it can destroy Breibart and Brietbart has to be destroyed. at this point they have now lost 1250 advertisers. There is no better way to deal with lies in a capitalistic society then voting with your feet. I wonder, will I get attacked for this comment.
Who's the 'fat guy'?

How do you fight the lies?

It's time people on the right get off their asses and attend rallies and show support, nationwide.

So far it's been a highly lopsided wave of demonstrations.

I plan to get involved and attend as many as I can.
I welcome the opportunity to face off with anyone who thinks my voice will be silenced.
Nobody's silencing your voice!

If your voice isn't being heard, speak a little louder - dammit.

The 1stA is first for a reason, and it's a wonderful thing! Go do something!

Had he said "The Fat Man" we would have known that he was talking about Christie, but....
Yeah, Christie came immediately to mind, but I don't see the tie-in to a media site.

So I'm lost, here.

You try if you want, but the hate that drives your party is seen every where already . So we know that you have to be disposed of. In fact if your a patriot you have to destroy the 2017 hate party.

Your mindset is what will eventually lead this nation into civil unrest.
You obviously are so out of touch with your own party you have no clue who drives what.
Basically, you are a pawn to the media and it is successfully manipulating you as planned.

You don't have a smidgen of a clue what's what.

But thanks for playing.

Last edited:
How do you fight the lies?

It's time people on the right get off their asses and attend rallies and show support, nationwide.

So far it's been a highly lopsided wave of demonstrations.

I plan to get involved and attend as many as I can.
I welcome the opportunity to face off with anyone who thinks my voice will be silenced.

I think it's probably because while those of us on the right support some of the policies Trump is attempting, we don't particularly like him and his execution and implementation of said policies has been poor and his personal character is pretty indefensible.

You put mad dogs down don't you , this is no different . Do you really think you can get anyone to believe your crap . Like the right wouldn't do this themselves , hell you would dump the constitution if you get money for it. You rewrote the bible so your hatred would fit . You people would do anything for getting things your way.

Hmmm....there is definitely some hatred being displayed here.

I think it's probably because while those of us on the right support some of the policies Trump is attempting, we don't particularly like him and his execution and implementation of said policies has been poor and his personal character is pretty indefensible.
I agree.

If you took much of Trump's general positions, and had a Ronald Reagan in office espousing them, the approval ratings (%) would be in the 60's! And Blue-Dog Dems (both in & out of office) would be in his corner!

Trump is his own worst enemy. The reality-star skill-set he used to propel himself into office, may not be enough to allow him to effectively govern & administer.

View attachment 67214826 This works it destroyed the fat guy , it can destroy Breibart and Brietbart has to be destroyed. at this point they have now lost 1250 advertisers. There is no better way to deal with lies in a capitalistic society then voting with your feet. I wonder, will I get attacked for this comment.

Intolerance is still intolerance, it gets in the way of working together as you may possibly have noticed though maybe you are not that bright, and a sinking American still sinks us all, so pardon me if I am not all goose pimply.

There you go.

U'r Welcome.

I agree.

If you took much of Trump's general positions, and had a Ronald Reagan in office espousing them, the approval ratings (%) would be in the 60's! And Blue-Dog Dems (both in & out of office) would be in his corner!

Trump is his own worst enemy. The reality-star skill-set he used to propel himself into office, may not be enough to allow him to effectively govern & administer.

Yup...he'd get a lot of the Blue-Dogs out there. Hell, he got some of them as he is now and also pulled some union votes in the rust belt. But he's a ridiculous personality and I get stuck having to "defend" him either out of supporting a policy I like (even if done poorly) or confronting the narratives and lies coming from the left. I don't even know why the left has to exaggerate or lie as Trump gives enough legit stuff to attack him for.

The guy that Lowell George sang about when leading Little Feat?
You know, given your Deadhead-ness, I'm not at all surprised you're familiar with Little Feat! :mrgreen:

You know, given your Deadhead-ness, I'm not at all surprised you're familiar with Little Feat! :mrgreen:

anyone who was in school in the 70s who doesn't remember "Fat man in the bath tub" was a Uber nerd or so stoned they were comatose

Yup...he'd get a lot of the Blue-Dogs out there. Hell, he got some of them as he is now and also pulled some union votes in the rust belt. But he's a ridiculous personality and I get stuck having to "defend" him either out of supporting a policy I like (even if done poorly) or confronting the narratives and lies coming from the left. I don't even know why the left has to exaggerate or lie as Trump gives enough legit stuff to attack him for.
Well, I lean left on more than enough issues like single-payer healthcare, unions, and minimum wage, but I support more than a few of Trump's 'general' positions. Hell, I gave him a very serious look early in his and campaign until maybe half-way through, when all has cumulative negative behaviour and attitude became too much for me to bear in good conscience.

damn you probably didn't know who Pig Pen or Ziggy Stardust were

Oh dont worry Sir, I reformed.

y1.jpg

As compared to the "Holier than thou" Conservatives who prefer to try and destroy the PEOPLE that they disagree with.

credible proof of this claim needed.

As compared to the "Holier than thou" Conservatives who prefer to try and destroy the PEOPLE that they disagree with.

There are individual crazies who do crazy things. That includes killing abortionists or killing cops. Those people are way out beyond the fringe on either side. However, when it comes to destroying someone's livelihood over an ideological difference that's pretty much the liberal playground.

anyone who was in school in the 70s who doesn't remember "Fat man in the bath tub" was a Uber nerd or so stoned they were comatose
Ah, well I was a 'greasy hippie'!

You know, a greaser that grew his hair long and started partying?

I was too blue-collar, too working-class, to be an official hippie! :mrgreen:

Nerd checking in!
I never would've guessed that! I somehow figured you for a party animal (no offense - we all partied hard back then).

There are individual crazies who do crazy things. That includes killing abortionists or killing cops. Those people are way out beyond the fringe on either side. However, when it comes to destroying someone's livelihood over an ideological difference that's pretty much the liberal playground.

At that is merely YOUR opinion. I view hypocritical Conservatives and the phony "Religious Right" in an equally distasteful context.

Ah, well I was a 'greasy hippie'!

You know, a greaser that grew his hair long and started partying?

I was too blue-collar, too working-class, to be an official hippie! :mrgreen:

I never would've guessed that! I somehow figured you for a party animal (no offense - we all partied hard back then).

I never went to THE HILL with the stoners, not once, and everyone was supposed to go at least once in the fall of Freshman year, it was a ritual. .

I spent a lot of my youth trying to be the perfect youth.

Then I rebelled after a fashion, but as you know I never lost my passion for perfection of understanding, in fact it is today stronger than ever.

TMI I am sure.

Sorry, I am in a mood for some reason.

At that is merely YOUR opinion. I view hypocritical Conservatives and the phony "Religious Right" in an equally distasteful context.
Amen, to that! :thumbs:

I used to give Evangelicals a pass on their hyper-conservatism, as I was willing to believe they might be standing for their faith values. I'm Catholic, and I can (somewhat) empathize. But that was before they threw their hats part-and-parcel into the ring with Trump - eschewing all they stood for and preached!

Now, not only can't I take them seriously, but I can no longer give them a pass.

On the other hand, my respect for the Mormons has shot through the roof!

Back
Top Bottom