• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How you fight lies when they own the media

There are individual crazies who do crazy things. That includes killing abortionists or killing cops. Those people are way out beyond the fringe on either side. However, when it comes to destroying someone's livelihood over an ideological difference that's pretty much the liberal playground.

Thought I explained this to you already. You don't have any idea what you're talking about.

My guess was Bannon.
Don't think so.

<snip>

This works it destroyed the fat guy , it can destroy Breibart and Brietbart has to be destroyed. at this point they have now lost 1250 advertisers. There is no better way to deal with lies in a capitalistic society then voting with your feet. I wonder, will I get attacked for this comment.

If Bannon is the fat guy, he was not destroyed. He's also associated with Brietbart, which is the object of the proposed destruction.

So thanks for the suggestion, but I don't agree.

Thought I explained this to you already. You don't have any idea what you're talking about.

Oh really? Were conservatives rioting in the streets when Obama was elected?

Don't think so.

If Bannon is the fat guy, he was not destroyed. He's also associated with Brietbart, which is the object of the proposed destruction.

So thanks for the suggestion, but I don't agree.

He's talking about Rush Limbaugh, who of course hasn't been destroyed, and is still the number one rated radio talk show.

View attachment 67214826 This works it destroyed the fat guy , it can destroy Breibart and Brietbart has to be destroyed. at this point they have now lost 1250 advertisers. There is no better way to deal with lies in a capitalistic society then voting with your feet. I wonder, will I get attacked for this comment.

You are blind to the fact that most mainstream media are but a small fraction of what they used to be and a lot of this is because Americans have such a low opinion of them and don't trust them to report honestly. You are right but you don't apply it across the board. Any new media who is not honest will suffer the consequences. Brietbart will suffer the same fate as the so called mainstream media that makes up just as much fake news as Breitbart does.

At that is merely YOUR opinion. I view hypocritical Conservatives and the phony "Religious Right" in an equally distasteful context.

Yep, libs are masters of projection. If you want to know what libs are up to, pay close attention to what they accuse others of. ;)

He's talking about Rush Limbaugh, who of course hasn't been destroyed, and is still the number one rated radio talk show.
Whoa.

Thank you!

You might indeed be right in that, and no he hasn't been destroyed, but while still politically important he does seem to have taken a financial hit:

Politico: Is Rush Limbaugh in Trouble?

You try if you want, but the hate that drives your party is seen every where already . So we know that you have to be disposed of. In fact if your a patriot you have to destroy the 2017 hate party.

The hate is from the left, having zero tolerance for other's religious beliefs, calling the right every name in the book, and performing violent acts against free speech for anyone that has a different view than they do.

Whoa.

Thank you!

You might indeed be right in that, and no he hasn't been destroyed, but while still politically important he does seem to have taken a financial hit:

Politico: Is Rush Limbaugh in Trouble?
Dude, that stupid **** has been debunked six ways from Sunday. Old news (your article is from May). From the article:
Limbaugh’s extremely lucrative eight-year contract—estimated to be worth roughly $38 million a year—is up this summer. What will happen to “America’s Anchorman,” as Limbaugh quasi-ironically refers to himself, once the contract is up, is anybody’s guess.
GASP! Ummm, yeah, Limbaugh is still on the air, and he's still rated #1, and, every advertising slot is still filled. These wishful thinking campaigns crop up from time to time. ;)

Amen, to that! :thumbs:

I used to give Evangelicals a pass on their hyper-conservatism, as I was willing to believe they might be standing for their faith values. I'm Catholic, and I can (somewhat) empathize. But that was before they threw their hats part-and-parcel into the ring with Trump - eschewing all they stood for and preached!

Now, not only can't I take them seriously, but I can no longer give them a pass.

On the other hand, my respect for the Mormons has shot through the roof!

Your respect for Mormons...really, why?

Rush Limbaugh has been destroyed? Bwhahahahaha! How many years have poor wittle liberals been saying that?

Prolly as many years as Rush has been on the air. :lamo

Rush Limbaugh has been destroyed? Bwhahahahaha! How many years have poor wittle liberals been saying that?

Since around 1990. Limbaugh has been completely destroyed so many times that he is currently worth over $400 million and has the highest paying show on radio with over 20 million listeners.

Your respect for Mormons...really, why?
In the context of the discussion, they rebuked Trump.

Not covered by my comment, but since you asked - in general context, they seem be decent clean living people. I have no problem with them.

I respect the Amish quite a bit, too.

But my comment above was specifically in political context (Trump's election).

In the context of the discussion, they rebuked Trump.

Not covered by my comment, but since you asked - in general context, they seem be decent clean living people. I have no problem with them.

I respect the Amish quite a bit, too.

But my comment above was specifically in political context (Trump's election).

After far-right dittoheads denied their Messiah limbaugh literally for decades, they're now vocally supporting him and his alt-right trumpconism.

limbaugh and bannon are like brothers from a different mother .

Oh really? Were conservatives rioting in the streets when Obama was elected?

What's that got to do with the subject? The subject being Lutherf's lack of understanding what 'liberal' means.

Amen, to that! :thumbs:

I used to give Evangelicals a pass on their hyper-conservatism, as I was willing to believe they might be standing for their faith values. I'm Catholic, and I can (somewhat) empathize. But that was before they threw their hats part-and-parcel into the ring with Trump - eschewing all they stood for and preached!

Now, not only can't I take them seriously, but I can no longer give them a pass.

On the other hand, my respect for the Mormons has shot through the roof!

Not all evangelicals were kissing Trump's ring.....

What's that got to do with the subject? The subject being Lutherf's lack of understanding what 'liberal' means.

You and I have had this discussion before. There aren't many classic liberals around anymore. Many people who call themselves "liberal" today are really progressives and statists.

No. If I did all that stuff I'd be a Democrat.

I happen to respect others until they do something to lose my respect. I don't hate anyone just because they believe differently than I do. I don't hate anyone because they have a different idea of how to do something than I do. I don't hate anyone because they get angry at me for my beliefs. If they choose to curse me and ridicule me for my beliefs that's their problem, not mine.

I don't let that stuff get to me. I just pray for them that they might get past their hatred some day.
Ok then tell me why you voted for a hate candidate. You can't get around this . The act of belonging to the hate party is no less guilty then belonging to the Nazi Party. Your supporting hate , and there is no excuse. You have to be disposed of.

Back
Top Bottom