• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

How would you wish to be defined/characterized by others?

Dragonfly

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Do you live to work? Or work to live?
Is your profession the defining part of your life?
Would you wish for people to characterize you by your job? Your family standing? By one of your hobbies perhaps?

When somebody is telling another about you, what key word or phrase would you like that person to use?

"Do you know "Bob"? He's an electrical engineer with Dupont."

"Do you know "Mary"? She's a second grade teacher at the local elementary school."

Or perhaps it's your family status that's more important.

"Joe? He's a father of three. All girls."

A hobby.

"Susan? You'd never know it to look at her, but she races motorcycles on the weekends."

So how would you like to be described or defined by others?

What about you do you think is your best quality or characteristic?

I understand some of this is relative to the situation. If a co-worker is describing you to a boss or other co-worker you'd hope for something different than if
a neighbor is describing you to some couple who just moved in next door.

"Hey, do you know that Spud guy, the one with the enormous penis?"

Would you wish for people to characterize you by your job? Your family standing? By one of your hobbies perhaps?

When somebody is telling another about you, what key word or phrase would you like that person to use?

"Do you know "Mary"? She's a second grade teacher at the local elementary school."

A hobby.

"Susan? You'd never know it to look at her, but she races motorcycles on the weekends."

I understand some of this is relative to the situation. If a co-worker is describing you to a boss or other co-worker you'd hope for something different than if

I spent my life in large scale industrial logging mostly traveling the country for a contract cutting outfit falling for helicopters and yarders. Being a logger in general and a faller in particular was not what I did , it was who I was. Now that I am semi retired and branching out into other things that feeling is slowly ebbing and it feels good to just be a normal person or a "civilian" as we used to call people in the woods who were not loggers.:lol:

A hobby.

Bat **** crazy. Little do they know. :mrgreen:

shrubnose, that hard headed prick.

His head is harder than Chinese arithmetic.

Last edited:
I want to be known for the following qualities.

Nice, emotionally strong, gentle, giving, loving, funny, tough, fun, friendly, warm, sexy, caring.

I think I pretty much am in RL. I will admit, this is a new thing for me, I wasn't this person until very recently when life forced me to change for the better.

Being known for my job, accomplishments, or any other external status, I don't care for that.

d0gbreath's IQ is off the chart.

er, on the high side.

Crues here, now its a party. Out side of that, I really dont think about it.

That guy who fooled everyone. As in everyone.

It's a work in progress.

My Dad and I used to get into an argument.

He said that success was how many people remembered his name.

I said success was how many people remembered my name... and smiled.

;)

My Dad and I used to get into an argument.

He said that success was how many people remembered his name.

I said success was how many people remembered my name... and smiled.

;)
What do you mean?

What do you mean?

What do you mean, what do I mean. ;)

Though it was pretty self explanatory.... in a thread about 'what do you think defines you', I though that my answer was pretty clear.

What do you mean, what do I mean. ;)

Though it was pretty self explanatory.... in a thread about 'what do you think defines you', I though that my answer was pretty clear.
It probably was. I ate a lot of chocolate today.

"Hey, do you know that Spud guy, the one with the enormous penis?"
Wow, even if you're joking, the idea that this is the first thing to come to mind, .... I'm thinking I don't ever want to know that Spud guy, seems he's got machismo issues.

Oo. Sugar high much? :mrgreen:
I eat like a ****ing five year old. You should see my grocery list. It's pathetic. You'd laugh.

I am truly and proudly a B.I.T.C.H. card carrying member of the
Beautiful, Intelligent, Talented, Clever, Honest
club.

Though I also accept
Bizarre, Intelligent, Talkative, Clever, and Horny.

Wow, even if you're joking, the idea that this is the first thing to come to mind, .... I'm thinking I don't ever want to know that Spud guy, seems he's got machismo issues.
God forbid he should forget to be feminine, eh?

God forbid he should forget to be feminine, eh?
WTF? No one suggested he should be. But to put one's penis size as the first thought of one's value.... shows an insecurity about his masculinity.
Am I guessing right that you're somehow offended? Do you have issues with your feelings of masculinity?

"He's a good man to have on your side... and a bad one to be on the wrong side of," ... would work for me. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom