• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How Would You React.. (Wedding Guest Question)

all I can say is **** marriage, heh. been there, done that. I got three lovely souvineers who get a birthday party next month :).

IF I ever get married again (and honestly, I don't even want to be in a relationship right now), it's going to have to be with a damn fine woman.

I know. I was married 15 years...I know.

I will say I'm with someone now that I would entertain the idea again. If it ever comes up. If not, I'm not concerned. I can be happy with him regardless of marriage.

If it makes you feel any better, five years ago I would've said NO WAY in hell would I ever marry again. Marriage in and of itself isn't bad...but if it's not good between two people, it can go really bad, really fast.

Anyway....SORRY. I got off topic.

I will say I'm with someone now that I would entertain the idea again. If it ever comes up. If not, I'm not concerned. I can be happy with him regardless of marriage.

If it makes you feel any better, five years ago I would've said NO WAY in hell would I ever marry again. Marriage in and of itself isn't bad...but if it's not good between two people, it can go really bad, really fast.

I got married and stayed married for entirely the wrong reasons. If I ever do it again, its going to be for other reasons (I am sitting her and trying to think of what would convince me, I got nuthin').

I guess if the right person comes along, but I just can't imagine it right now, I just draw a blank. This is actually kind of amusing for me to think about.

I am sure something will end up happening though. There has never been a long period in my life where there hasn't been someone, I tend to get approached by girls on at least a monthly basis. But honestly, I just can't think of even being in a relationship, I just draw a blank, yet again.

Just goes to show, the heart doesn't get wiser. Only more difficult to bruise. It's always the 'last time'. At least until the next time. Like drinking, I suppose.

(((Blush))) yes, I accept!

Whatever you decide and whatever happens, I hope none of it gets in the way of a truly special and very happy day.

Thank you.

So Tigger is having a wedding where he doesn't want to actually have guests, but is inviting them anyway?

I want guests but only ones who can behave in a reasonable manner.

Are people who didn't follow the restrictions going to be turned away? For example, if someone shows up with a child or a woman is wearing a pant suit or slacks?

Good morning, SMTA. :2wave:

Now TGND is blushing! :lamo: :thumbs:

Oh, Hell no she is not!

I am actually looking over my shoulder, waiting to see her running at me with a meat cleaver.

(((My days on this earth are now numbered....)))

Are people who didn't follow the restrictions going to be turned away? For example, if someone shows up with a child or a woman is wearing a pant suit or slacks?

If they show up with kids at the reception, they will not have a place to sit or food to eat so they can leave or leave the kid on the car. Those who show up dressed improperly will be turned away.

Oh, Hell no she is not!

I am actually looking over my shoulder, waiting to see her running at me with a meat cleaver.

(((My days on this earth are now numbered....)))

:shock:

:lamo:

You accept what? MasterCard and Visa?

It takes a lot to make me blush.

:lamo

Cool - so now I get paid!? ( I will give discounts if you wear black leather, but nothing restrictive )

We need to talk about back pay, worker's comp, and a 401K plan.

Can I get dental also!? :mrgreen:

Cool - so now I get paid!? ( I will give discounts if you wear black leather, but nothing restrictive )

We need to talk about back pay, worker's comp, and a 401K plan.

Can I get dental also!? :mrgreen:

Black leather for the reception only, SMTA! There are the societal niceties to be observed, you know! :lamo: Good luck to both of you on the negotiating taking place! :thumbs:

Black leather for the reception only, SMTA! There are the societal niceties to be observed, you know! :lamo: Good luck to both of you on the negotiating taking place! :thumbs:

Negotiating with her is like asking Satan himself not to destroy your soul just before he kills you.

In our relationship, it is more like "Yes, ma'am", "No Ma'am", and "Please be careful with that whip, Ma'am!"

She is kind enough, though, to keep the lash marks below open-collar level so they don't show!

Meow, baby! Nice kitty.....:mrgreen:

She's gonna be pissed now!

As my fiance and I are moving along with our wedding planning for next year, we have come to three decisions that we have a feeling are going to be less than totally well recieved by some of the wedding guests.

#1. We will give everyone one (1) drink ticket for the bar and then it will be up to them to pay for anything else they want to drink during the reception, other than the non-alcoholic toast. We came to this decision because there are a handful of individuals on both sides who have a tendency to "enjoy" their alcohol a little too much but who will be unwilling or unable to pay for it themselves; thus largely removing the potential for them to create trouble during the reception.

#2. We are asking all attendees (other than small children) to be dressed in a semi-formal manner (jackets/ties/slacks for gentlemen and skirt/blouse or dress for women). While this may sound strange to some, as that is SOP when attending a wedding, there are parts of my fiance's family for whom this needs to be spelled out.

#3. With the exception of immediate family, we are requesting that couples with children leave the young ones at home for the day. Even with just immediate family there will be close to a score of children at a wedding where the entire attendance will barely break one hundred (100). Considering the unwillingness or inability of certain people to keep an eye on their kids, we just don't want them their.

This will all be spelled out very politely in the invitations when they go out next spring. We already know that there are certain people who will decline to attend due to these expectations. My question to you folks is this.....

It's Our/HER day, obviously; but would you be offended by any of those three expectations if they were to come in a wedding invitation you received?

Sounds entirely reasonable to me. The only caveat I'd throw in there is rather than requiring jacket AND tie, I'd make it either/or... I think a shirt and tie is sufficiently semi-formal without a jacket, but that's just my opinion, do it y'alls way. Nothing really unreasonable about any of those points.

As my fiance and I are moving along with our wedding planning for next year, we have come to three decisions that we have a feeling are going to be less than totally well recieved by some of the wedding guests.

#1. We will give everyone one (1) drink ticket for the bar and then it will be up to them to pay for anything else they want to drink during the reception, other than the non-alcoholic toast. We came to this decision because there are a handful of individuals on both sides who have a tendency to "enjoy" their alcohol a little too much but who will be unwilling or unable to pay for it themselves; thus largely removing the potential for them to create trouble during the reception.

#2. We are asking all attendees (other than small children) to be dressed in a semi-formal manner (jackets/ties/slacks for gentlemen and skirt/blouse or dress for women). While this may sound strange to some, as that is SOP when attending a wedding, there are parts of my fiance's family for whom this needs to be spelled out.

#3. With the exception of immediate family, we are requesting that couples with children leave the young ones at home for the day. Even with just immediate family there will be close to a score of children at a wedding where the entire attendance will barely break one hundred (100). Considering the unwillingness or inability of certain people to keep an eye on their kids, we just don't want them their.

This will all be spelled out very politely in the invitations when they go out next spring. We already know that there are certain people who will decline to attend due to these expectations. My question to you folks is this.....

It's Our/HER day, obviously; but would you be offended by any of those three expectations if they were to come in a wedding invitation you received?

Given our understanding of how you see relationships, are we to believe that these rules have been a jointly-agreed-upon idea? Or is it that you've decided them and she has to agree to your conditions, or else?

Given our understanding of how you see relationships, are we to believe that these rules have been a jointly-agreed-upon idea? Or is it that you've decided them and she has to agree to your conditions, or else?

Actually they are her suggestions that we've mutually agreed upon. The bar issue is something we'd both thought of but the rest are mostly hers.

Back
Top Bottom