• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How would you rate elon musk as businessman /engineer?

We only know in retrospect.

Jack Welch was thought to be one of the most visionary CEOs in America after turning General Electric around. And then the company imploded and his legacy was carefully reexamined. Musk may look terrible now, but twenty years from now? He may be one of the stolid titans of industry that people grow to love and respect like an Andrew Carnegie. Not bloody likely in my opinion, but who knows?

In the context of anything is possible, then anything can happen.

America the land of opportunity where else can a African American start off with zero and become the richest man on the planet besides Putin?

Also, right now, the batteries last 10 years, or 100,000 miles. Then, you have a massive expense to replace the battery .

Now, there is some technology getting very close that will have a battery that will last up to 300,000 miles, and be cheaper than the lithium ion batteries. When that happens, you will see a much stronger migration to EV's.

A lot of the batteries are lasting much more than 100 thousand, but yes you are correct in saying that replacement batteries are still too expensive.

He's doing some really awesome things for space exploration.

That's really all I give a crap about, as regards Elon. Leave him alone and in fifty years we'll have a Mars colony and asteroid mining and it will be to everyone's benefit.

Everyone's ?
hee hee hee hee hahahahahahaha.

We'll have Cohaagen selling air to "colonists" like in Total Recall, is what we'll have.

That's what already happens on Earth, right here, right now.
What makes anyone think it would be better a few million miles away?
If anything, it will be worse.

A lot of the batteries are lasting much more than 100 thousand, but yes you are correct in saying that replacement batteries are still too expensive.
I think the age is lasting longer, but they only garentee it 100K. It looks like that the aluminum graphene batteries, if they get adopted and are of good enough quality should last about 300K.

The range for the more expensive ev's is getting up there, but I want to see that range in something that is much cheaper.

Everyone's ?
hee hee hee hee hahahahahahaha.

We'll have Cohaagen selling air to "colonists" like in Total Recall, is what we'll have.

That's what already happens on Earth, right here, right now.
What makes anyone think it would be better a few million miles away?
If anything, it will be worse.

So, because you think it MIGHT be worse, we shouldn't try.

In caveman days you'd be against fire, right?

So, because you think it MIGHT be worse, we shouldn't try.

In caveman days you'd be against fire, right?

I just wouldn't be quite as rosy in my predictions of success, that's all.
The man has demonstrated that he's very much a petulant child deep inside.

I just wouldn't be quite as rosy in my predictions of success, that's all.
The man has demonstrated that he's very much a petulant child deep inside.
Child like curiosity probably works best.

Meh, Elon Musk is just weird. When the dust settles, we're going to find out that he's some kind of super villain, and he's doing all this shit right under our eyes, while we are distracted by purchase offers for Twitter, and self-driving cars.

Back
Top Bottom