• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

How would you like to die like this?

galenrox said:
nope, by I also wouldn't eat a human egg either.
Well maybe, depends on the situation, I guess. (KIDDING!)

What would you think about someone who did eat zygotes, fetuses, etc.?

You chose to have sex. If you started a life then you shouldn't have the right to take it away. Abortion used as birth control is just a sign of irresponsibility. STOP BEING LAZY AMERICA!

satanloveslibs said:
You chose to have sex. If you started a life then you shouldn't have the right to take it away. Abortion used as birth control is just a sign of irresponsibility. STOP BEING LAZY AMERICA!
:applaud :clap:

satanloveslibs said:

I haven't heard fo any pro-choice people advocating the use of abortion as birth control.

Then again, I listen to both sides of an issue before I make my opinions. ;)

Bluefire said:
I haven't heard fo any pro-choice people advocating the use of abortion as birth control.

Then again, I listen to both sides of an issue before I make my opinions. ;)

Well it's been used 50 million times since the passing of Roe v. Wade in 1973. In 32 years that's 50 million times.

Approximately 1,562,500 times every year.

With only 2% of all abortions being done on the grounds rape, incest, or complications during pregnancy, it sounds like birth control is exactly what it's being used for.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion

Click on "Rape, Incest and Healthe Debate" under the table of contents to see where I got the 2% from.

galenrox said:
She'd commit suicide.
I will absolutely never understand the logic of killing a fetus instead of putting it up for adoption. How is destroying it before it has a chance to live a better option that letting it live and become something?

...that you should have developed a connection with and should have been your child.

So you can agree that it is in fact preventing a baby from deveoping? It is preventing a child from being born? It is preventing a person from living?

"mouther knows best" anyone remember that line? i have do have a difficulty on this issue i have to admit so heres my standings.

I agree with abortion however it should be harder to get one, If i was raped and impregnated i think its my right as a victim to get an abortion

I don't like how people use it as a scape goat, if you have sex freely YOU DEAL WITH THE CONSEQUENCES

Urethra Franklin said:
More emotive claptrap from religious nutters.
The pictures depict pretty developed foetuses, of course, they want you believe the baby-killing myth. I've witnessed many abortions - none with outcomes like this. The vast majority of abortions are carried out in the very early stages of pregnancy. Countries which have legal abortion have legislation in place which ensure that late abortions, like the ones portrayed, don't occur........................................ so thank you for providing this evidence that legal abortion is a must.

Then do you support laws to only allow these late term abortions if the mothers life is at risk? And a few of those pictures are not late term, do you support laws which also require extenuating circumstances?

These pictures depict what often does occur in back street abortionist's bathrooms in backward countries where women are denied the right to an early abortion,

But do occour in nice clean comfortable abortion clinics here the the US. Do you support outlawing such abortions?

its not anti-life its called pro-choice and as a matter of fact my parents are pro-choice

Would you not say your survival rate is higher inside the womb of one who is pro-life as opposed to one who is pro-choice?

Gandhi>Bush said:
So you can agree that it is in fact preventing a baby from deveoping? It is preventing a child from being born? It is preventing a person from living?

Birth control also prevents a pregnancy from developing; are you also opposed to birth control? (This is the position of Catholics.)

shh! said:
Birth control also prevents a pregnancy from developing; are you also opposed to birth control? (This is the position of Catholics.)

Notice: I said baby. You said pregnancy

Birth control prevents pregnancy by preventing fertilization. I do not oppose birth control.

The female loses eggs naturally in the menstrual cycle.

The male loses sperm... manuallly... or if not ejaculation occurs naturally in the form of nocuturnal emissions.

An egg left away form tongs, scrapers, or vaccums, will not become a human being.

A sperm left away from tongs, scrapers, or vaccums, will not become a human being.

Do you see the difference in destroying/preventing sperm or eggs and destroying/preventing a baby?

Do you see the difference in preventing a pregnancy and preventing a human life?

galenrox said:
I wouldn't neccisarily say so, because most of my friends who had abortions were pro-life beforehand, but changed their view point once faced with an unwanted pregnancy, and I've talked to priests who coucil these women, and they have all told me that quite frequently they have mothers come in with their unwed daughters saying "I believe abortion's wrong, but in this particular situation...", while I personally (this is just me) don't know anyone pro-choice who's needed an abortion.

It would sound as if some of your pro-life friends aren't very responsible and are very hypocritical. "Abortion is wrong... unless I'm involved in the pregnancy...(?)"

Gandhi>Bush said:
Notice: I said baby. You said pregnancy. Birth control prevents pregnancy by preventing fertilization. I do not oppose birth control...[blah blah blah] Do you see the difference in preventing a pregnancy and preventing a human life?

Of course I do; I was not looking to debate you on this point - I only wanted clarification of your position to determine if you were making a Catholic argument. Sheesh!

26 X World Champs said:
BTW - Please do not impose your religious beliefs on anyone who didn't ask for it. It's very offensive to many people to have your belief in God forced unto anyone. Religion should be practiced by all who want to, go for it.

You also need to keep in mind that religion means nothing in the legal system and in the government of the USA. Laws based on religious belief are illegal. Please don't throw the "thou shalt not kill" stuff into this. People can figure that one out without reading the Bible.
Why can't you get it through your head that abortion is not about religion?

The only question is whether one human should have the right to decide whether another human lives or dies. It's purely a secular question with no religious implications. Many athiests, agnostics, and irreligious persons of all types disagree with 'abortion on demand'.

The fact that some religious types argue the question passionately on religious grounds is of no consequence, except that it gives the Pro-Death crowd something else to complain about.

Roundhouse! said:
these are pictures of what is not even yet a child.
Irrespective of what you choose to call it, this is a living human being in an early stage of development. Undisturbed, its development would progress through many stages of life until death occurred in old age from natural causes unless illness or accident intervened.

Fantasea said:
Irrespective of what you choose to call it, this is a living human being in an early stage of development. Undisturbed, its development would progress through many stages of life until death occurred in old age from natural causes unless illness or accident intervened.

A lamb would do likewise if it didn't end up as, well, roast lamb, so your comment has no meaning.

You have, to date, failed to specify what exactly it is that separates human being from animals. Until you do so, how can you object to abortion whilst not objecting to meat-eating?

Are you a vegetarian?

Naughty Nurse said:
A lamb would do likewise if it didn't end up as, well, roast lamb, so your comment has no meaning.

You have, to date, failed to specify what exactly it is that separates human being from animals. Until you do so, how can you object to abortion whilst not objecting to meat-eating?

Are you a vegetarian?

I can't speak on Fantasea's behalf, but I think there is more value in the life of a human than in the life of a lamb.

Back
Top Bottom