• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

How would you like to be pregnant against your will?

jimmyjack said:
Hurray! You only support the slaughter of innocents!

LOL! Oh the Drama.

I support the use of the pill, and all other birth control methods.
I simply had never used the pill.

Peralin said:
And what if you get the same pleasure as sex by walking off the cliff? Yu know that you could die from it, but you decide to do it anyway. If you fall and die, who's at fault? Is it you, for taking the risk, or is it luck, which worked against you? It's your fault for taking the risk, is it not?

Sex does not kill people.

FiremanRyan said:
i began reading this thread and this was the first post i read by prochoicedanielle. i gave up after that. this alone tells us all that you obviously dont have the maturity or common sense to even be having sex in the first place. you must be 16.

what is it going to take for you to realize that its your responsibility if you get pregnant. look at your box of birth control and see where it says that it isnt 100% effective, it can and does fail, and abstinence is the only 'safe sex'.

you know who you are...you're the type of person who would sue McDonalds for making you fat because you have no concept of free will and personal responsibility.

For one, No, I am a 23 year old married woman. Married for 3 years now.
For two, If a woman is taking birth control, or using more than one method, she does not want to be pregnant. And if she does become pregnant she should always have the right to a safe and legal abortion.
For three, people who eat at mcdonalds (yuck!) and then sue them are absolutly stupid.

IValueFreedom said:
Prove it wrong or admit that you're unable or unwilling (not likely) to properly defend your position.

I'll take your silence and obvious skipping of my posts as you conceding.

From this point forward, or until you show the errors in my logic and reasoning, I expect you to respect those who are pro-life in their beliefs as it has become abundantly apparent that you cannot disprove their arguments or prove your own. As you certainly believe your views are correct, but cannot defend them in logical terms, realize that your arguments are resting on nothing more than faith (not that there's anything wrong with that, just doesn't help in a debate forum).

ooops... my apologies. I'm in a different time zone than these forums. I thought it was a full hour later. So, as I was writing that, you could be drafting a response. So, if you do decide to respond, please forget about my previous post.

I want to give you proper time to respond. A fair debate is always best :)

Again, sorry for 'jumping the gun' on you :\

IValueFreedom said:
I'll take your silence and obvious skipping of my posts as you conceding.

From this point forward, or until you show the errors in my logic and reasoning, I expect you to respect those who are pro-life in their beliefs as it has become abundantly apparent that you cannot disprove their arguments or prove your own. As you certainly believe your views are correct, but cannot defend them in logical terms, realize that your arguments are resting on nothing more than faith (not that there's anything wrong with that, just doesn't help in a debate forum).

Logic is if a woman does not wish to be pregnant she should always have the option of a safe and legal abortion. Period.

ProChoiceDanielle said:
For one, No, I am a 23 year old married woman. Married for 3 years now.
For two, If a woman is taking birth control, or using more than one method, she does not want to be pregnant. And if she does become pregnant she should always have the right to a safe and legal abortion.
For three, people who eat at mcdonalds (yuck!) and then sue them are absolutly stupid.

but you're still kind of missing the point. nobody actually wants to get pregnant unless theyre ready to have a child. you know before hand that no birth control will ever be 100% safe and you know before having sex that you run a risk of getting pregnant. what im saying is that if you are responsible enough to make the conscious decision to have sex, knowing the risks involved, than you should be responsible enough to give birth and care for the child if you become pregnant.

im sorry but to me, this has nothing to do with religion. i just think that killing an unborn baby whenever someone knocks you up is morbid and wrong. its unethical and complete hypocritical from the left when they lose their minds over the slaughtering of stock-bred chicken, yet they seem to have no problem taking away human life in an even more gruesome way.

ProChoiceDanielle said:
Logic is if a woman does not wish to be pregnant she should always have the option of a safe and legal abortion. Period.

That's not logic. That's just a statement with the word logic in it. It's not even false logic... it's just... nothing.

I must admit, I'm kind of disappointed.

Although you're not willing to admit it (so it seems) everyone who reads these last few posts or this whole thread will know that you're unable to defend your position with logic and reasoning. Instead, you're basing your entire position on faith. Faith on what you want to be right being right.

From now on I hope that you respect those who do follow logic and reasoning in their views of pro-life and do not look down on them.

ProChoiceDanielle said:
Sex does not kill people.

Right, as having sex is different from walking off of a cliff. It's called an analogy, do you want a definition of that word too? In analogies, you compare two different things and make connections.

jimmyjack said:
If I kept shooting bullets at random intervals in public, I’m not deliberately killing anyone but if I keep it up for long enough I sure as hell will nail someone.

Now answer this quote, danielle, and please consider the point first. Though jimmy is not purposely killing anyone, he knows it is a risk, and if he does kill someone, he should be responsible for it, right? And yes, this is another analogy.

It's just like sexual intercourse. If you have sex all the time using birth control, you may not get pregnant for a while. However, if luck turns against you and you would happen to get pregnant (or kill someone, in the analogy), you are responsible for the fetus (or the dead guy in the analogy). It has nothing to do with the life/death thing, it's simply about responsibility in this post. If you take a risk that fails, you are responsible for the outcome.

Funny, the kinds of people who demand that you use logic...

ProChoiceDanielle said:

Now you are trying to tell us what logic means? Give me a break. And exactly how is this logical? That if a woman gets pregnant after choosing to have sex she should be allowed to kill someone so that she doesn't have to give birth? What if it was a 10-year-old? If you can't afford to keep it, kill it? Is that logic? If you don't want it, kill it? Does that really make sense to you?

The truth: The purpose of sexual intercourse is to reproduce.

If someone can't afford to give birth to a child then they shouldn't be able to afford to have sex either. Don't even risk it. It's not worth killing a baby simply because the person got unlucky and got pregnant. I've got an idea. Maybe the person should spend time working so that she can afford to give birth instead of having sex! (For the 50000th time, I do not want to hear "still doesn't matter" or "you need a hobby", and actually respond with more than 3 sentences please)

FiremanRyan said:
but you're still kind of missing the point. nobody actually wants to get pregnant unless theyre ready to have a child. you know before hand that no birth control will ever be 100% safe and you know before having sex that you run a risk of getting pregnant. what im saying is that if you are responsible enough to make the conscious decision to have sex, knowing the risks involved, than you should be responsible enough to give birth and care for the child if you become pregnant.

im sorry but to me, this has nothing to do with religion. i just think that killing an unborn baby whenever someone knocks you up is morbid and wrong. its unethical and complete hypocritical from the left when they lose their minds over the slaughtering of stock-bred chicken, yet they seem to have no problem taking away human life in an even more gruesome way.

Bring a child into the world that you do not want, cannot afford, cannot support is irresponsible.
Your stereotypes of women who have abortions are off also. The majority of women who do abort will ONLY abort once in their lifetime. Also, most women who do have abortions go on to have more children OR already have one or more child.

IValueFreedom said:
That's not logic. That's just a statement with the word logic in it. It's not even false logic... it's just... nothing.

I must admit, I'm kind of disappointed.

Although you're not willing to admit it (so it seems) everyone who reads these last few posts or this whole thread will know that you're unable to defend your position with logic and reasoning. Instead, you're basing your entire position on faith. Faith on what you want to be right being right.

From now on I hope that you respect those who do follow logic and reasoning in their views of pro-life and do not look down on them.

I am not basing anything on "faith".
This is about a personal choice between a woman and her doctor. It is simple.
It is not your business, its not my business, its not Bush's business or anyone elses.

Peralin said:
Now you are trying to tell us what logic means? Give me a break. And exactly how is this logical? That if a woman gets pregnant after choosing to have sex she should be allowed to kill someone so that she doesn't have to give birth? What if it was a 10-year-old? If you can't afford to keep it, kill it? Is that logic? If you don't want it, kill it? Does that really make sense to you?

The truth: The purpose of sexual intercourse is to reproduce.

If someone can't afford to give birth to a child then they shouldn't be able to afford to have sex either. Don't even risk it. It's not worth killing a baby simply because the person got unlucky and got pregnant. I've got an idea. Maybe the person should spend time working so that she can afford to give birth instead of having sex! (For the 50000th time, I do not want to hear "still doesn't matter" or "you need a hobby", and actually respond with more than 3 sentences please)

So now you are suggesting that a 10 year old gestate and give birth? You must not know much about the body of a 10 year old. By no means would it be healthy for her to gestate and give birth. It would harm her body very much.
If a woman wants to obtain an abortion, she should be able to.

americanwoman said:
I just wanted to say I am a woman on birth control. But if I was to get pregnant by accident of the pill I would keep the baby because if I didn't want a baby I would not have sex with my boyfriend or I would get my tubes tied. If I was unfortunate enough to get raped against my will and as a result get pregnant I could not take it out on the poor baby that was concieved against its will. I don't personally judge people for their faults but I'm sorry to say that murdering is definetly against all my beliefs and that is exactly what abortion is.

Call me if you ever get raped and repeat all that bullshit to me. Please. Its almost worth praying for it to happen to see the results. Better yet What if you had a 12 year old daughter. You know lots of blood, sodomy lets say a 10 hour perversion spree from your neighboor when you are at work. And she gets pregnant. Would you hate that baby or not... Like I said If it ever happens call me. I want to be there when you are all getting counseling because you tried getting an abortion but cant cause its illegal.

Im glad that you BELIEVEthat you have the RIGHT to DECIDE what is right for me. ,,!,,

Last edited:
Youve Got To Be Kidding! said:
Call me if you ever get raped and repeat all that bullshit to me. Please. Its almost worth praying for it to happen to see the results. Better yet What if you had a 12 year old daughter. You know lots of blood, sodomy lets say a 10 hour perversion spree from your neighboor when you are at work. And she gets pregnant. Would you hate that baby or not... Like I said If it ever happens call me. I want to be there when you are all getting counseling because you tried getting an abortion but cant cause its illegal.

Im glad that you BELIEVEthat you have the RIGHT to DECIDE what is right for me. ,,!,,

Pretty sick post that you would pray for the rape of another person, or their child for that matter. Pretty much sums up what kind of character you have. You want abortion legal for rape victims yet trivialize the act by praying it on someone else. I'm glad you believe that you have the right to decide what is right for the unborn. It's a two way street if you want to go there.

blogger31 said:
Pretty sick post that you would pray for the rape of another person, or their child for that matter. Pretty much sums up what kind of character you have. You want abortion legal for rape victims yet trivialize the act by praying it on someone else. I'm glad you believe that you have the right to decide what is right for the unborn. It's a two way street if you want to go there.

The arguement of abortion only for rape victims is a moot point either way. Do you know how many rapes go unreported a year? The number of "rape" would go through the roof. Men would be getting the finger pointed at them left and right.

It simply would not work.

ProChoiceDanielle said:
So now you are suggesting that a 10 year old gestate and give birth? You must not know much about the body of a 10 year old. By no means would it be healthy for her to gestate and give birth. It would harm her body very much.
If a woman wants to obtain an abortion, she should be able to.

He wasn't saying that a 10 year old should have a baby. He was saying would you think any differently if you were killing a 10 year old versus a fetus/child/baby?

ProChoiceDanielle said:
The arguement of abortion only for rape victims is a moot point either way. Do you know how many rapes go unreported a year? The number of "rape" would go through the roof. Men would be getting the finger pointed at them left and right.

And this is relevant to my post how?:confused: I never advocated abortion for rape. I am saying this is one out of whack person for praying rape on another person.

CattyCarissa said:
He wasn't saying that a 10 year old should have a baby. He was saying would you think any differently if you were killing a 10 year old versus a fetus/child/baby?

Thank you, Catty, that's exactly what I meant.

ProChoiceDanielle said:

How do you know this if they have never been reported?

You are right. I am sick. My problem is I hate many of you. Can we speak candidly here. With all due respect I have a hard time forgiving people. I hold many Americans responsible for ruining my country. I think that group is no better than a bunch of Nazis. I do not care what happens to bush or the little rugrats in his family because they are the next in line to adopt his views and agenda. And I do wish ill apon you if you are apart of the group I hate. That is my feelings. Am I going to hurt you, No. I am just telling you how I feel. You say I am sick, here is why. I agree 100% I think that 51% of this country is nothing but Bigoted pieces of ****. (the 51% who actually voted for this prik)

CattyCarissa said:

Of course there is a huge difference between having an abortion and MURDERING a 10 year old child. At the point of a safe and LEGAL abortion, there is no way that a fetus is viable outside of the womb, and also have been proven that it does not feel any type of pain. Where as murdering a 10 year old child, the child would feel everything going on.

I am glad that abc news, yahoo news, cnn, msnbc, and all the other major new sources have been covering the discovery of fetal pain and how it does not come into effect until the 3rd trimester.

Back
Top Bottom