• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

How would you like to be pregnant against your will?

ProChoiceDanielle said:
Um, Actually I did. And I sited Page 8...

On Page 8 my comment: "But I thought you made the comment that you wouldn't get your tubes tied because you wanted kids later but if it can be reversed then you can have children later. (There are doctors that are understanding that will tie your tubes if that's what you needed to have done to prevent unwanted pregnancies.)
So why did you just reply that you wont ever have your tubes tied even after having children?"

I was talking about having your tubes tied not a vasectomy (that came in later in the discussion). I never criticized you or insulted your decisions; I tried in the nicest way to talk to you. But also if you don't want to discuss your reproductive choices then why did you bring it up? (because we only know the birth control methods you and vergiss use; no one elses).

CattyCarissa said:
On Page 8 my comment: "But I thought you made the comment that you wouldn't get your tubes tied because you wanted kids later but if it can be reversed then you can have children later. (There are doctors that are understanding that will tie your tubes if that's what you needed to have done to prevent unwanted pregnancies.)
So why did you just reply that you wont ever have your tubes tied even after having children?"

I was talking about having your tubes tied not a vasectomy (that came in later in the discussion). I never criticized you or insulted your decisions; I tried in the nicest way to talk to you. But also if you don't want to discuss your reproductive choices then why did you bring it up? (because we only know the birth control methods you and vergiss use; no one elses).

It was your comment BEFORE that one. Are you really this stupid? Or just play this stupid?

There is NO doctor that will tie the tubes of a 23 year old woman who has no children. The cut off point for MOST doctors is either 32 years old OR 3 children.

You do not even know the birth control method that I use. But like I have said, I am not going to go under the knife just so I do not have any children until I want them. That is not logical.

ProChoiceDanielle said:
It was your comment BEFORE that one. Are you really this stupid? Or just play this stupid?

There is NO doctor that will tie the tubes of a 23 year old woman who has no children. The cut off point for MOST doctors is either 32 years old OR 3 children.

You do not even know the birth control method that I use. But like I have said, I am not going to go under the knife just so I do not have any children until I want them. That is not logical.

Your the one that continously slings insults so who's stupid?

There are doctors that will perform the procedure. Its just that women who have a tubal ligation in their 20s are more likely to want to reverse it later; especially if they have never had a child. For all different reasons like:
* One of her living children dies, if she has children.
* She divorces and loses custody of her children.
* She has a new partner who wants children.
* Her financial situation improves and she can afford another child.
* Her children grow up and leave home.
And this is what the doctor will discuss with anyone who goes for a consultation.
But yes there are doctors all over the country that will perform the procedure.

CattyCarissa said:
Your the one that continously slings insults so who's stupid?

There are doctors that will perform the procedure. Its just that women who have a tubal ligation in their 20s are more likely to want to reverse it later; especially if they have never had a child. For all different reasons like:
* One of her living children dies, if she has children.
* She divorces and loses custody of her children.
* She has a new partner who wants children.
* Her financial situation improves and she can afford another child.
* Her children grow up and leave home.
And this is what the doctor will discuss with anyone who goes for a consultation.
But yes there are doctors all over the country that will perform the procedure.

And the sucess rates for getting pregnant after a tubal reversal are only between 20% and 70%.
I am not risking it

ProChoiceDanielle said:
And the sucess rates for getting pregnant after a tubal reversal are only between 20% and 70%.
I am not risking it

Then don't; No one said you had to.

ProChoiceDanielle said:
You are right, I dont have to get one. And I am not going to.

Good for you! Catty is completely right about you! If you don't want to talk about your own personal sexual life then why are you starting threads about it? Why do you keep responding by saying that you won't do this, you won't do that? Don't try to argue with us about your own personal sex life, because you are too stubborn to change and we don't care what you personally do!

vergiss said:
That is why she was showed - because she said vasectomies and tubal ligations are an option for temporary birth control, whereas we proved with her own sources that it is a bad choice to use them in that manner.

Just a minute. Please reread this quote.

Now, Catty said that it was an option for temporary birth control. Yes.
You proved with her own sources that it is a bad choice to use them in that manner. Yes. But you're missing my point. You have not proven that vasectomies and tubal litigations are NOT an option for temporary birth control. That's because you can't; they are options for temporary birth control!

All you proved was that YOU PERSONALLY do not think that it is a good choice to use them in this manner. And it may not be a good choice. BUT, it is an OPTION, is it not? To "show Catty", you would have to prove that these are not options. Good Luck with that!

vergiss said:
Also, it's kind of amusing that you two whinge about slinging insults, when you're no stranger that behaviour yourselves. So you can add "hypocrite" to your list of idiocies.

You know what's really amusing? It's your ability to pick up on mockery. That is funny. I Was Mocking You! Sure, I called danielle and idiot, and then I said that she DESERVED it!

Earlier, you said that you only throw out insults if the person deserves it, so I was mocking you by saying that danielle looks like an idiot, and that she desrved that one! Get it?

And by the way, you're the one who threw a fit about me insulting danielle on the other thread, and then you start slinging insults at us! And then you call US hypocrites! Wow.

ProChoiceDanielle said:
I do not NEED to provide facts on what I personally believe either.

Once again, you don't have to, because you will never change your mind. But don't use personal opinions as comebacks to Catty's facts!

ProChoiceDanielle said:
LOL! You are just too cute with your comments too!

I know I am, that's why the girls all love me. (At least you picked up on the mockery of vergiss!)

ProChoiceDanielle said:

It would sure be nice if you could supply some evidence to back up those facts you are throwing out, saying that NO doctor will do these things.

Peralin said:
Just a minute. Please reread this quote.

Now, Catty said that it was an option for temporary birth control. Yes.
You proved with her own sources that it is a bad choice to use them in that manner. Yes. But you're missing my point. You have not proven that vasectomies and tubal litigations are NOT an option for temporary birth control. That's because you can't; they are options for temporary birth control!

All you proved was that YOU PERSONALLY do not think that it is a good choice to use them in this manner. And it may not be a good choice. BUT, it is an OPTION, is it not? To "show Catty", you would have to prove that these are not options. Good Luck with that!

Why the Hell would something that can only be temporary 50 percent of the time be an option? The other 50 percent of the time it remains permanent, whether you like it or not. Why gamble with your fertility when you can take the Pill or whatever and know for sure that it won't ruin your chances of having children in the future?

I proved that it was illogical (at best) to think ligation or vasectomy was a good idea for temporary birth control. If it is an option for temporary birth control, why do medical professionals refer to it as permanent birth control? Why wouldn't so many more people take it up, if it were? Because it's not temporary, therefore not an option!

Going by your logic, ripping out your own uterus could technically be an option, too. :lol:

Peralin said:
You know what's really amusing? It's your ability to pick up on mockery. That is funny. I Was Mocking You! Sure, I called danielle and idiot, and then I said that she DESERVED it!

Earlier, you said that you only throw out insults if the person deserves it, so I was mocking you by saying that danielle looks like an idiot, and that she desrved that one! Get it?

And by the way, you're the one who threw a fit about me insulting danielle on the other thread, and then you start slinging insults at us! And then you call US hypocrites! Wow.

The deserved comment was after the post where you said she deserved it, actually. Also, I'd love to see this imaginary "fit" you're ranting about.

Peralin said:
It would sure be nice if you could supply some evidence to back up those facts you are throwing out, saying that NO doctor will do these things.

Can't you read? She said MOST, not NO. :roll:

Peralin said:
Good for you! Catty is completely right about you! If you don't want to talk about your own personal sexual life then why are you starting threads about it? Why do you keep responding by saying that you won't do this, you won't do that? Don't try to argue with us about your own personal sex life, because you are too stubborn to change and we don't care what you personally do!

I didn't start a threat about my own personal sexual life. Try again.

Peralin said:

Let me know when you find one.

ProChoiceDanielle said:
I didn't start a threat about my own personal sexual life. Try again.

Then it would sure be nice if you would keep your own personal sex life out of this discussion. It just gets in the way and nobody cares.

vergiss said:
Can't you read? She said MOST, not NO. :roll:

Are you sure about that? Cause I'm pretty darn sure...Look at this direct quote:

There is NO doctor that will tie the tubes of a 23 year old woman who has no children.

Haha! Why are you denying that she said this?

vergiss said:
Why the Hell would something that can only be temporary 50 percent of the time be an option? The other 50 percent of the time it remains permanent, whether you like it or not. Why gamble with your fertility when you can take the Pill or whatever and know for sure that it won't ruin your chances of having children in the future?

I proved that it was illogical (at best) to think ligation or vasectomy was a good idea for temporary birth control. If it is an option for temporary birth control, why do medical professionals refer to it as permanent birth control? Why wouldn't so many more people take it up, if it were? Because it's not temporary, therefore not an option!

Going by your logic, ripping out your own uterus could technically be an option, too. :lol:

Actually, yes, it you could tear out your uterus and put it back in, and have a 50% chance of it working again, then it is an option!

Option: Something chosen or available as a choice.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=option

If it is available as a choice and , even if it is 50%, it still can work, so it is an option. There is no denying that. Which means that you have been showed.

I am definetly pro-abortion. Lets say if by accident a women conceives a child without wanting it, she should use the means that science puts at her disposal. A child who was not desired at the moment of conception cannot blossom fully since it was'nt created in love and harmony. And people talk about the ethical consequences, I say there are none if the women is treated by competent people. But on the other hand, keeping an undesired child can leave the women with physical and moral disturbances that can be passed on, making the child she was forced to give birth to, suffer too.

Peralin said:
Actually, yes, it you could tear out your uterus and put it back in, and have a 50% chance of it working again, then it is an option!

Option: Something chosen or available as a choice.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=option

If it is available as a choice and , even if it is 50%, it still can work, so it is an option. There is no denying that. Which means that you have been showed.

So you would personally see undergoing a vasectomy as a choice for temporary birth control?

Seriously mate... give up. No one in their right mind promotes permenent sterilisation as a choice.

Peralin said:
Are you sure about that? Cause I'm pretty darn sure...Look at this direct quote:

There is NO doctor that will tie the tubes of a 23 year old woman who has no children.

Haha! Why are you denying that she said this?

Because in the post you were referring to, the most recent one on the matter, she said MOST.

If you're disputing the claim, and think it'd be easy for a young woman with no children to find a doctor who will tie her tubes for her - then find one.

kal-el said:
I am definetly pro-abortion. Lets say if by accident a women conceives a child without wanting it, she should use the means that science puts at her disposal. A child who was not desired at the moment of conception cannot blossom fully since it was'nt created in love and harmony. And people talk about the ethical consequences, I say there are none if the women is treated by competent people. But on the other hand, keeping an undesired child can leave the women with physical and moral disturbances that can be passed on, making the child she was forced to give birth to, suffer too.

You see, this whole position about it’s my body, is ridiculous, there has to be a greater reason for justifying the killing of innocent humans, especially since a woman consents to sex knowing that she may become pregnant as a result. How fair is it that a woman can deliberately become pregnant and then have the baby removed on the basis that she has changed her mind. That is wrong, we all know this, it is pathetic to even be discussing it, if a woman is adamant that she doesn’t want to be pregnant then she ought to abstain from sexual intercourse, the justification of abortion hinging on the grounds that a woman wants the freedom to become pregnant and change her mind is an insane situation. This is claiming that a woman’s freedom to have an abortion is merely available so that she can have sex, so the life of another human is no more important then a woman’s freedom to have sex. Which in turn grants a woman’s freedom to have sex of greater importance of the future of our entire race, since every woman could effectively abort her pregnancy because she was only in pursuit of sex.

Wow, way to make every pro-choice female alive sound like a slut. :rolleyes: Whatever happened to the men's pursuit of sex?

vergiss said:
Wow, way to make every pro-choice female alive sound like a slut. :rolleyes: Whatever happened to the men's pursuit of sex?

Newsflash:

Men don't pursue abortion when they get pregnant because they can't get pregnant.

Uh, yeah. But if they weren't involved, women wouldn't be getting pregnant in the first place.

vergiss said:
So you would personally see undergoing a vasectomy as a choice for temporary birth control?

Seriously mate... give up. No one in their right mind promotes permenent sterilisation as a choice.

No, I don't think it is a good idea. But I'm not arguing that. I'm arguing that it is an option, which is all that Catty said it was too. It may not be a very good option, but it is still an option no matter how you look at it. I have nothing else to argue on this topic except that it is an OPTION, and I think I've successfully done that.

vergiss said:
Because in the post you were referring to, the most recent one on the matter, she said MOST.

If you're disputing the claim, and think it'd be easy for a young woman with no children to find a doctor who will tie her tubes for her - then find one.

No, reread post #138. You'll see that I was referring to the first line of the quote. She has no proof that NO doctor would do the procedure on her, so she shouldn't say that.

I'm not saying it would be easy to find a doctor who would do it, I'm just saying that there is likely one that will.

Peralin said:
No, I don't think it is a good idea. But I'm not arguing that. I'm arguing that it is an option, which is all that Catty said it was too. It may not be a very good option, but it is still an option no matter how you look at it. I have nothing else to argue on this topic except that it is an OPTION, and I think I've successfully done that.

Um, mate? I never said that it wasn't one - just that it wasn't a good idea.

If you want to get pedantic over technicalities just because it's the only thing you have left to argue over... there needs to be a technicality to nitpick in the first place.

Peralin said:
No, reread post #138. You'll see that I was referring to the first line of the quote. She has no proof that NO doctor would do the procedure on her, so she shouldn't say that.

I'm not saying it would be easy to find a doctor who would do it, I'm just saying that there is likely one that will.

Wow. Such an important thing to be fussing over.
"It's next to impossible to get it done!"
"But the fact is that it's not impossible, so nyah!"

Back
Top Bottom