• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

How would you like to be pregnant against your will?

Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
158
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
blogger31 said:
And this is relevant to my post how?:confused: I never advocated abortion for rape. I am saying this is one out of whack person for praying rape on another person.

Its a fact. I was simply pointing it out.

So you are also saying that if a woman is raped she should gestate against her will and endure many mental problems because of this?
You really hate women!
 
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
158
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
jimmyjack said:
How do you know this if they have never been reported?

Because in many cases women are threatened by the rapist that they will harm a close family member, some are young girls who are afraid to tell anyone, and some are ashamed that they were raped.
If you take the time to look up some facts on the subject of rape, you will learn a lot.
 

Peralin

Active member
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
426
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
ProChoiceDanielle said:
Of course there is a huge difference between having an abortion and MURDERING a 10 year old child. At the point of a safe and LEGAL abortion, there is no way that a fetus is viable outside of the womb, and also have been proven that it does not feel any type of pain. Where as murdering a 10 year old child, the child would feel everything going on.

I am glad that abc news, yahoo news, cnn, msnbc, and all the other major new sources have been covering the discovery of fetal pain and how it does not come into effect until the 3rd trimester.


Ok, then why don't you just drug the 10-year-old and kill him while he's unconcious? Shoot him in the head if you like. That way, he feels no pain, right?

And what difference does it make if it can live outside the womb or not? If it's a child, you should not kill it.
 
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
158
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
Peralin said:
Ok, then why don't you just drug the 10-year-old and kill him while he's unconcious? Shoot him in the head if you like. That way, he feels no pain, right?

And what difference does it make if it can live outside the womb or not? If it's a child, you should not kill it.

If you would like to murder a 10 year old, again, that is your choice. I do not agree with it, or back you in anyway. Have fun in prison for the rest of your life.

As for viability. If a woman does not want a fetus living inside her womb, she has the right to have it removed. It is not the woman's fault that the fetus is not viable outside the womb.

Viabilty plays a large part in abortion.
 

CattyCarissa

New member
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
http://www.philosophos.com/philosophy_article_67.html

I found this site and I would like everyone to read it.
It puts up a good debate about the abortion issue and makes some good points like for example: "What is the value of human life?". And then has these points. (ProLife & ProChoice)
— Human life is sacred and can never be taken at any time.
— A fetus is a "person", and has a person's rights.
— Human life begins at conception and cannot be terminated for any reason.
— Human life begins at "viability" (2/3rd trimester), so abortion is OK before that.
— Human life begins only at live birth, so abortion is OK before that.
— Abortion is not allowed because our population needs to grow.
— Abortion is mandatory after the first child is born. Only one child per married couple. (China)
— Abortion is OK if the mother was raped.
— Abortion is OK if the mother was raped by a close relative.
— Abortion is OK if the mother is single/ criminal/ drug addict/ homeless etc.
— Abortion is not OK "just because the mother wants it".
— Abortion is not OK because the unborn has "human rights".
— The mother has "rights" to her body. Only she can decide to give birth or not.

And also the writer makes a point about people that have physical problems that possibly would have been looked at as a thorn in their society's side; that turned out to be gifted & brilliant. (Like physicist Stephen Hawkins, & Helen Keller, etc.) I thought it was interesting.
 

jimmyjack

Banned
Joined
Jul 2, 2005
Messages
1,166
Reaction score
1
Location
U.K England
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Conservative
ProChoiceDanielle said:
Because in many cases women are threatened by the rapist that they will harm a close family member, some are young girls who are afraid to tell anyone, and some are ashamed that they were raped.
If you take the time to look up some facts on the subject of rape, you will learn a lot.

Backup this claim.

And I still can't see how you can prove this when they have never been reported?
 

jimmyjack

Banned
Joined
Jul 2, 2005
Messages
1,166
Reaction score
1
Location
U.K England
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Conservative
ProChoiceDanielle said:
Because in many cases women are threatened by the rapist that they will harm a close family member, some are young girls who are afraid to tell anyone, and some are ashamed that they were raped.
If you take the time to look up some facts on the subject of rape, you will learn a lot.

But that doesn’t explain how you know this since it has never been reported?
 

Peralin

Active member
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
426
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
ProChoiceDanielle said:
If you would like to murder a 10 year old, again, that is your choice. I do not agree with it, or back you in anyway. Have fun in prison for the rest of your life.

Look, I was using another analogy, okay? I would never harm anyone, that's why I'm against abortion.

My point is that killing the child inside of you is the same as drugging a ten-year-old and killing him. Neither can feel pain, yet they still lose their life. Now explain to me the difference between these two cases.




ProChoiceDanielle said:
As for viability. If a woman does not want a fetus living inside her womb, she has the right to have it removed. It is not the woman's fault that the fetus is not viable outside the womb.


What difference does it make if the child is inside of her? Are you going to argue that it is okay to abort a child when a woman is in labor? Because if you are, fine, then my latest analogy and I'll change my point. But if you are not saying this, then you should be leaving viability out of the argument.



ProChoiceDanielle said:
If you would like to murder a 10 year old, again, that is your choice. I do not agree with it, or back you in anyway. Have fun in prison for the rest of your life.

As for viability. If a woman does not want a fetus living inside her womb, she has the right to have it removed. It is not the woman's fault that the fetus is not viable outside the womb.

Viabilty plays a large part in abortion.

Does it? Are you arguing viability? I'll find evidence against you if you are. However, I don't believe that you are, so please don't change your stance in mid-argument.
 

Peralin

Active member
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
426
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
ProChoiceDanielle said:
If you would like to murder a 10 year old, again, that is your choice. I do not agree with it, or back you in anyway. Have fun in prison for the rest of your life.

Look, I was using another analogy, okay? I would never harm anyone, that's why I'm against abortion. I can't believe you didn't catch my analogy.

My point is that killing the child inside of you is the same as drugging a ten-year-old and killing him. Neither can feel pain, yet they still lose their life. Now explain to me the difference between these two cases.

ProChoiceDanielle said:
As for viability. If a woman does not want a fetus living inside her womb, she has the right to have it removed. It is not the woman's fault that the fetus is not viable outside the womb.

What difference does it make if the child is inside of her? Are you going to argue that it is okay to abort a child when a woman is in labor? Because if you are, fine, then my latest analogy and I'll change my point. But if you are not saying this, then you should be leaving viability out of the argument.

ProChoiceDanielle said:
Viabilty plays a large part in abortion.

Does it? Are you arguing viability? I'll find evidence against you if you are. However, I don't believe that you are, so please don't change your stance in mid-argument.
 
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
158
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
jimmyjack said:
But that doesn’t explain how you know this since it has never been reported?

I know because I know atleast two women who this has happened to.
 

Peralin

Active member
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
426
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
Sorry about the double post, I'm not sure what happened. I guess my computer just screwed up or something. Anyway, at least it was a good post, huh?
 

jimmyjack

Banned
Joined
Jul 2, 2005
Messages
1,166
Reaction score
1
Location
U.K England
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Conservative
ProChoiceDanielle said:
I know because I know atleast two women who this has happened to.

But that doesn’t explain how you know this:

"Because in many cases women are threatened by the rapist that they will harm a close family member, some are young girls who are afraid to tell anyone, and some are ashamed that they were raped.
If you take the time to look up some facts on the subject of rape, you will learn a lot.
"

Since it has never been reported, and you only know of two cases, two is not many cases.
 

blogger31

Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2005
Messages
199
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Moderate
ProChoiceDanielle said:
Its a fact. I was simply pointing it out.

So you are also saying that if a woman is raped she should gestate against her will and endure many mental problems because of this?
You really hate women!

No you are just a really ignorant person who posts comments without knowing the facts. So I challenge you to prove to me that I am against abortion in the case of rape.

I was telling someone what a scum they were for praying rape on another person, that has nothing to do with my view on abortion for rapes. You are assuming you already know my belief which it is clear you do not.
 
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
158
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
jimmyjack said:
But that doesn’t explain how you know this:

"Because in many cases women are threatened by the rapist that they will harm a close family member, some are young girls who are afraid to tell anyone, and some are ashamed that they were raped.
If you take the time to look up some facts on the subject of rape, you will learn a lot.
"

Since it has never been reported, and you only know of two cases, two is not many cases.


In cases of incest, these young girls are threatened if they tell anyone what is going on. (ABC News 20/20 about 4 weeks ago Colorado City AZ)
Do the math, if I know two people who never reported rape, and you know 2 people, and they know 2 people, and they know 12 people, it adds up.
It is a fact that there will NEVER be an accurate stat on rapes.
 
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
158
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
blogger31 said:
No you are just a really ignorant person who posts comments without knowing the facts. So I challenge you to prove to me that I am against abortion in the case of rape.

I was telling someone what a scum they were for praying rape on another person, that has nothing to do with my view on abortion for rapes. You are assuming you already know my belief which it is clear you do not.

If you are for abortion in cases of rape, but against elective abortion for any other reason, you are a hypocrite.
 

jimmyjack

Banned
Joined
Jul 2, 2005
Messages
1,166
Reaction score
1
Location
U.K England
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Conservative
ProChoiceDanielle said:
In cases of incest, these young girls are threatened if they tell anyone what is going on. (ABC News 20/20 about 4 weeks ago Colorado City AZ)
Do the math, if I know two people who never reported rape, and you know 2 people, and they know 2 people, and they know 12 people, it adds up.
It is a fact that there will NEVER be an accurate stat on rapes.

I know no one, neither can you prove you know any one; the truth is there that there is no proof.

No proof + no proof = No proof.

I've done the maths!
 
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
158
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
jimmyjack said:
I know no one, neither can you prove you know any one; the truth is there that there is no proof.

No proof + no proof = No proof.

I've done the maths!

No one can prove it, not even the government.
And they are the FIRST to admit there will NEVER EVER be an exact stat on rapes.
 

jimmyjack

Banned
Joined
Jul 2, 2005
Messages
1,166
Reaction score
1
Location
U.K England
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Conservative
ProChoiceDanielle said:
No one can prove it, not even the government.
And they are the FIRST to admit there will NEVER EVER be an exact stat on rapes.

ProChoiceDanielle said:
The arguement of abortion only for rape victims is a moot point either way. Do you know how many rapes go unreported a year? The number of "rape" would go through the roof. Men would be getting the finger pointed at them left and right.
So one of these statements is a blatant lie, isn’t it?
 

blogger31

Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2005
Messages
199
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Moderate
ProChoiceDanielle said:
If you are for abortion in cases of rape, but against elective abortion for any other reason, you are a hypocrite.

Well then I guess the majority of Americans are hypocrites then, considering that is the majority belief. It appears your ignorant post is nothing more then a tact to insult your way out of putting your foot in your mouth.
 

blogger31

Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2005
Messages
199
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Moderate
jimmyjack said:
So one of these statements is a blatant lie, isn’t it?

You just got to hate it when you can't keep up with your uninformed posts, :doh
 

Busta

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 18, 2005
Messages
1,135
Reaction score
0
Location
From somewhere, deep below the Earth...
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
ProChoiceDanielle said:
In cases of incest, these young girls are threatened if they tell anyone what is going on. (ABC News 20/20 about 4 weeks ago Colorado City AZ)
Do the math, if I know two people who never reported rape, and you know 2 people, and they know 2 people, and they know 12 people, it adds up.
It is a fact that there will NEVER be an accurate stat on rapes.

I respect your intent here. However, what people of my opinion need is solid documentation. Hear-say, no mater how true you know it to be, does not stand up agents scrutiny.

Surly there must be some supporting reports out there...anonymous councilor reports....Planed Parenthood "something-or-other"........
 

vergiss

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 31, 2005
Messages
2,356
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
jimmyjack said:
So one of these statements is a blatant lie, isn’t it?

...how?

I know a girl who was raped by her half-brother when she was ten. She'd hit puberty early and became pregnant as a result. Obviously, it was aborted. :( Poor thing, she's such a lovely person.

I know at least three people who were raped. It's an incredibly ugly thing. It'd be downright unfair to force women to carry and give birth when the pregnancy was a result of violence and trauma inflicted upon them.

jimmyjack said:
But that doesn’t explain how you know this since it has never been reported?

Oh, come on. Don't be stubborn purely for the sake of opposing someone in an argument. Are you saying that rapes and sexual assaults don't go unreported?
 
Last edited:

Busta

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 18, 2005
Messages
1,135
Reaction score
0
Location
From somewhere, deep below the Earth...
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
Posted by vergiss;
"Oh, come on. Don't be stubborn purely for the sake of opposing someone in an argument. Are you saying that rapes and sexual assaults don't go unreported?"

Anyone who says that sexual assaults never go unreported is sadly mistaken. The plane fact is that many DO go unreported.

What we need to know is what that number is. It seems almost impossible. How does one come across a report on something that isn't reported?

There must be something out there.....even if it is not an exact number, a respected "ball-park" figure would do.

Since these things do happen, some one must have some good information out there.
 

IValueFreedom

Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
168
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
ProChoiceDanielle said:
I am not basing anything on "faith".
This is about a personal choice between a woman and her doctor. It is simple.
It is not your business, its not my business, its not Bush's business or anyone elses.


Umm... your entire argument that I have seen thus far is based on faith.

You have made a claim, yet are unable to prove it or justify it using logic and or reasoning. As you continue to belive what you cannot prove, then you are completely relying on faith.
 
Top Bottom