• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

How would you like to be pregnant against your will?

vergiss said:
Funny, the kinds of people who demand that you use logic...

ahh... the character flame. "It's hard to debate... but... 'your stupid'"

Allright bigmouth... put your money where your mouth is.

SHOW ME THE ERRORS OF MY LOGIC OR SHUT UP.

Busta said:
Posted by vergiss;
"Oh, come on. Don't be stubborn purely for the sake of opposing someone in an argument. Are you saying that rapes and sexual assaults don't go unreported?"

Anyone who says that sexual assaults never go unreported is sadly mistaken. The plane fact is that many DO go unreported.

What we need to know is what that number is. It seems almost impossible. How does one come across a report on something that isn't reported?

There must be something out there.....even if it is not an exact number, a respected "ball-park" figure would do.

Since these things do happen, some one must have some good information out there.

When the Australian federal government was having a major campaign attempting to prevent violence against women, one of the statistics quoted in the ads was that for every sexual assault that is reported, another three are unreported.

Yes, IValueFreedom, of course I was personally talking about you. :lol: I suggest you take a cold shower.

vergiss said:
When the Australian federal government was having a major campaign attempting to prevent violence against women, one of the statistics quoted in the ads was that for every sexual assault that is reported, another three are unreported.

That's fairly vague.

mistermain said:
That's fairly vague.

My fellow Aussies will know the campaign I'm thinking of. :lol:

Website link here: http://www.australiasaysno.gov.au/

It says:

Only twenty percent of sexual assaults on women are reported to police.

So, nope, it was worse than I thought... for every assault that's reported, another four go unreported.

vergiss said:
My fellow Aussies will know the campaign I'm thinking of. :lol:

Website link here: http://www.australiasaysno.gov.au/

It says:

So, nope, it was worse than I thought... for every assault that's reported, another four go unreported.

WOW.....that's f**ked up.

I cant find that quote on the site, could you give me some direction?

vergiss said:

Ahh...there it is...

" **Only twenty percent of sexual assaults on women are reported to police.
**Fifty-eight percent of sexual assaults are committed by someone known to the victim.

The figures quoted are taken from the Australian Bureau of Statistics — Crime and Safety survey — conducted in early 2002 reporting on experiences for the most recent incident over the preceding 12 months. This is the most recent, relevant survey"

Still....that's f**ked up!!!

Did you know that in the U.S., if a Woman is carrying a firearm, she can shoot and kill a perpetrator in order to prevent rape; even if she is not in fear for her life?

That's one of the many reasons why I am agents "gun control" legislation.

Last edited:
I don't care if the sex was consensual or wheather it was rape. Abortion is wrong. If you get pregnant by rape its sad but still doesn't make it right to have an abortion. Then you say thats not fair. O well sometimes you get bad luck. Some people die in carwrecks, its called badluck.

thapcballa said:
I don't care if the sex was consensual or wheather it was rape. Abortion is wrong.
Is it? Because you say so? Fancy "because I say so" postulation you got there. Loits of fervor, no facts. Hmm....
If you get pregnant by rape its sad but still doesn't make it right to have an abortion. Then you say thats not fair. O well sometimes you get bad luck. Some people die in carwrecks, its called badluck.
like it is "bad luck" for the embryo if the sex wasn't consentual, yes.:2razz:

Re:

How would you like to be pregnant against your will?

Can anyone say GODAMIT!!!???

I would be upset as anyone would. '

I dont think anyone woudl jump for joy ans say hurray if they did. I think this is common sense.

thapcballa said:
I don't care if the sex was consensual or wheather it was rape. Abortion is wrong. If you get pregnant by rape its sad but still doesn't make it right to have an abortion. Then you say thats not fair. O well sometimes you get bad luck. Some people die in carwrecks, its called badluck.

Rape is more than fcuking bad luck, arsewipe.

vergiss said:
Rape is more than fcuking bad luck, arsewipe.

And so is being slaughtered before you get a chance to see daylight. Yet you have no problem with that?

Peralin said:
And so is being slaughtered before you get a chance to see daylight. Yet you have no problem with that?
There is no "you," prolife revisoonist lingusitic hyperbole none withstanding. There is non-sentient tissue, no brighter or aware than a tumor.

steen said:
There is no "you," prolife revisoonist lingusitic hyperbole none withstanding. There is non-sentient tissue, no brighter or aware than a tumor.

Doesn't matter if its aware or not. It is still being slaughtered before it gets a chance to see daylight.

Peralin said:
Doesn't matter if its aware or not. It is still being slaughtered before it gets a chance to see daylight.
Just like a tumor is.

steen said:
Just like a tumor is.

Tumors will never get a chance to see. Tumors are not made of human flesh. Tumors do not become walking human beings. We were not tumors. We were fetuses.

Peralin said:
Tumors will never get a chance to see.
Irrelevant. It is non-sentient tissue, just like an emrbyo.
Tumors are not made of human flesh.
So what species are they? I find the quality of PL illogical claims to have decreased. What happened?
Tumors do not become walking human beings.
And neither will an aborted embryo. Wasn't that the observation that started all this? Why are you talking in circles?
We were not tumors. We were fetuses.
and embryos and zygotes etc. Yes we were. So?

I Am A Pro Life Man Man And I Oppose Abortions On All Levels. I Know It Is Sad When A Woman Is In That Sad Situation But That Gives Her No Right To Commit Murder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There Is The Option Of Adoption Aswel As Raising The Child Herself. The Child Has The Same Right To Life As Any One Of Us Does And Dont Start All Of That Stuff Like ''it Technally Isn't A Baby Yet''. I Mean If That Were The Case,when Does It Become A Child.remember ''if It's Not A Baby,then You're Not Pregnant.it Is Fiscally Proven That If All Abortions Had Been Stopped,the Natiomal Debt Would Be Paid Off By Now.75% Of People Who Intend To Have Abortions Decide Not To After They See The Picture Of The Baby On The Ultra Sound.in Closing,abortions Are Only Done In My Opinion By Lazy People That Prefer For An Innocent Chold To Die Than To Have On Person Take Responsibility For What Has Happened.

ultra conservative said:
But That Gives Her No Right To Commit Murder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Abortion isn't murder, never mind how much you dream that.
There Is The Option Of Adoption Aswel As Raising The Child Herself.
Those are parenting decisions, not pregnancy decisions.
The Child Has The Same Right To Life As Any One Of Us Does
But an embryo doesn't. Or do you have the legal citation to show otherwise? No?
And Dont Start All Of That Stuff Like ''it Technally Isn't A Baby Yet''.
But it isn't. Now, I understand your dislike for having such facts rubbed in your face, as it destroys your emotional, non-factual proclamations, but hey, if your claim don't match reality, you should expect to be called on it.
I Mean If That Were The Case,when Does It Become A Child.
At birth.
remember ''if It's Not A Baby,then You're Not Pregnant.
Nope. Your nonsense "because I say so" postulation is false.
it Is Fiscally Proven That If All Abortions Had Been Stopped,the Natiomal Debt Would Be Paid Off By Now.
Really? How was that proven? Care to reference the study showing this? OR were you just making it up?
75% Of People Who Intend To Have Abortions Decide Not To After They See The Picture Of The Baby On The Ultra Sound.
And?
in Closing,
Thank God. After that litany of claims and presenting personal beliefs as facts, I don't think we could handle much more.
abortions Are Only Done In My Opinion By Lazy People That Prefer For An Innocent Chold To Die Than To Have On Person Take Responsibility For What Has Happened.
Yeah, I have no doubt that is your opinion.

Wow. Caps lock, anyone? I'd love to see the source for this "75%".

Steen - don't forget, we were once a sperm and an egg, too. I suppose I'm murdering every time I have my period. Oh no!

vergiss said:
Wow. Caps lock, anyone? I'd love to see the source for this "75%".

Steen - don't forget, we were once a sperm and an egg, too. I suppose I'm murdering every time I have my period. Oh no!
If the egg is fertilised and if you have a period on purpose, but that is not possible so no, good try though.

jimmyjack said:
If the egg is fertilised and if you have a period on purpose, but that is not possible so no, good try though.

What, so it's only human once the egg meets the sperm? Says who?

jimmyjack said:
Really, so this only applies when you get pregnant on purpose and then aborts? Ah, thanks for clarifying that.

steen said:
At birth.

Whoa. That's a relief. I thought for a while that I was arguing with an intelligent, well-educated human being across the line, but now that I know that steen believes that life begins at birth, well, I may as well give up! If you won't look at facts, I won't argue with you anymore. You've got to be kidding!

Peralin said:
steen said:
At birth.
Whoa. That's a relief. I thought for a while that I was arguing with an intelligent, well-educated human being across the line, but now that I know that steen believes that life begins at birth,
Nope. I believe it is a CHILD at birth. Why the need for deception, for misrepresentation?
well, I may as well give up! If you won't look at facts, I won't argue with you anymore. You've got to be kidding!
Well, very funny.:lol:
it is not my fault that you are so illiterat/dyslexix that you don't know the difference between "life" and "child." Sad, really, that you are unable to grasp even such a basic distinction.:doh

Back
Top Bottom