• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

how would you approach someone

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
okay okay, so here the deal me personally im a chicken *(and i admit it wassup lol)* when it comes to walking up to someone i think is cute hot attractive and what not. i tend to usually find out if maybe know someone who knows her and to get them to introduce them to me... how would you approach someone out of the blue with out the corny lines lol because ive noticed when im with the girlfriends and they get an attractive guy coming up to them and start talking it seems to be at first a bit awkward because some strange guy just came up out of nowhere.

so how would you go up to a girl/guy *(doesn't matter which one this is a thread for everyone.)* and talk to them

okay okay, so here the deal me personally im a chicken *(and i admit it wassup lol)* when it comes to walking up to someone i think is cute hot attractive and what not. i tend to usually find out if maybe know someone who knows her and to get them to introduce them to me... how would you approach someone out of the blue with out the corny lines lol because ive noticed when im with the girlfriends and they get an attractive guy coming up to them and start talking it seems to be at first a bit awkward because some strange guy just came up out of nowhere.

so how would you go up to a girl/guy *(doesn't matter which one this is a thread for everyone.)* and talk to them

"Hi, I'm so-n-so. I saw you from at my table [or insert appropriate place here] and I just HAD to come over and meet you."

It's just honest.

The key is a combination of confidence and compliments. Make notice of something that you think is sincerely attractive about the person. Hair,smile,shoes,even nails....try and stay away from breasts as an icebreaker. For god sakes dont look desperate. Make your comment and dont linger. Play it off as nonchalantly as possible and go about your business. Not every girl is going to start a conversation with you but do it enough times (not in the same spot and not in rapid fire style) and I guarantee youll get to next step.....small talk,where asking basic questions is the key and much easier than icebreaking.

"Hi, I'm so-n-so. I saw you from at my table [or insert appropriate place here] and I just HAD to come over and meet you."

It's just honest.

Yup, and if you watch the other person's eyes, expression and body language as you do this, you'll know quickly whether there is any point is continuing the conversation.

Yup, and if you watch the other person's eyes, expression and body language as you do this, you'll know quickly whether there is any point is continuing the conversation.

Precisely. No fancy 'lines', no fake compliments. Just pure honesty. And go from there.

No - I'll derail you here.

Some people are just shy - overtly and unbelievably shy - or feel awkward and don't know how to *have a conversation* - so going by their body language and so on when they're approached by someone they don't know isn't always a tell-tale sign of their actual possible interest.

Also - some people have no initial reaction - sometimes a relationship comes from friendship.

So I always say to aim to engage in conversation frequently - if someone is short on words and shy then don't expect much beyond a small back-and-forth until they loosen up and get to know you more.

Which brings me to friendliness - be friendly - be genuinely nice. . .that's always good.

AuntSpiker brought up some good points but do not be too nice or fake nice. Be yourself and keep it real.

No - I'll derail you here.

Some people are just shy - overtly and unbelievably shy - or feel awkward and don't know how to *have a conversation* - so going by their body language and so on when they're approached by someone they don't know isn't always a tell-tale sign of their actual possible interest.

There's a distinct difference between the body language of "disinterested" and "shy", though.

The Good Reverend would roll in with a "negative compliment", That's how the Good Reverend rolls. :pimpdaddy:

The Good Reverend would roll in with a "negative compliment", That's how the Good Reverend rolls. :pimpdaddy:

You could always just introduce the two of you in third person. Ergo: "Is it hot in here, or is it just the good reverend"?

Last edited:
i'm the epitome of Mr. Smooth

"hey, nice tits, wanna head out back and give me a blow job?"

okay okay soo many good answers! and reverend..... thats just some funny **** id see coming from a movie! lol

all i know is if i was to go up and ask have a starter conversation i remember to use props.... they are all around you and when a question comes up not to make it direct leave it open ended.
i cant stop thinking about that one comment " Here's 50 bucks, get in" XD!!

okay okay soo many good answers! and reverend..... thats just some funny **** id see coming from a movie! lol

all i know is if i was to go up and ask have a starter conversation i remember to use props.... they are all around you and when a question comes up not to make it direct leave it open ended.
i cant stop thinking about that one comment " Here's 50 bucks, get in" XD!!

Classic example.

You: "You and I would never get along"

Pause...

her: "you are probably right"

You, "that's because we are to much alike"

walk away......

Like throwing pebbles....

YOUR STUPID LAMOO!!! niice example i love it :D

okay so we have the classic coffee shop scenario covered.... what about somewhere else. idk... say uhh..... college. ;] most girls that are there are occupied studying. how would you approach them without irritating them because you distracted them.

Classic example.

You: "You and I would never get along"

Pause...

her: "you are probably right"

You, "that's because we are to much alike"

walk away......

Like throwing pebbles....

I must be too retarded to get it. LOL If a guy said that to me, I would just think he was ****ing insane and not really give him much more thought than that. Except to post on FB about how this insane guy made some sort of crazy comment to me and then walked off. :lol:

Last edited:
okay so we have the classic coffee shop scenario covered.... what about somewhere else. idk... say uhh..... college. ;] most girls that are there are occupied studying. how would you approach them without irritating them because you distracted them.

It depends... in your case, I would suggest this would not be possible. :prof

Wait until they look like they NEED a distraction. Then give them one. "You look like you need a break, and I certainly needed to meet you. Hi, my name is so-n-so-"

I must be too retarded to get it. LOL If a guy said that to me, I would just think he was ****ing insane and not really give him much more though than that. Except to post on FB about how this insane guy made some sort of crazy comment to me and then walked off. :lol:

It's hard to demonstrate in type. It's all about timing and delivery, pause, and creating desire.... sort of like what you just posted below, with a bit more style. ;)

Wait until they look like they NEED a distraction. Then give them one. "You look like you need a break, and I certainly needed to meet you. Hi, my name is so-n-so-"

thats smooth!!! i like it. where do you people come up with these things!?!?!? im witty with convo's but not things like this haha

Setting dictates everything...but Im getting on in my years and dont really like games...so I would probably introduce myself in the same way I do now in casual settings...walk up, extend my hand offer my name. If they take it...follow up with topical conversation...if they dont, smile...probably laugh a little bit...and move on.

Option 2...carry a skoosh or nerf ball with you, yell think fast, and throw it at them. their response dictates everything. If they scream and duck...leave it alone. If they snatch it out of the air and hurl it back...she's a keeper...

Setting dictates everything...but Im getting on in my years and dont really like games...so I would probably introduce myself in the same way I do now in casual settings...walk up, extend my hand offer my name. If they take it...follow up with topical conversation...if they dont, smile...probably laugh a little bit...and move on.

Option 2...carry a skoosh or nerf ball with you, yell think fast, and throw it at them. their response dictates everything. If they scream and duck...leave it alone. If they snatch it out of the air and hurl it back...she's a keeper...

well option1: thats kinda different... id probably do that after i had a small intro conversation (the hand shake gesture)... and probably at a bar where that normally seems to happen or just in a public place not only a bar.

option2: straight up wrong.... party foul!!! o_O if she doesn't duck and you nail her in the face EVERYONE who just saw that... ummm noo.. your options just hit below zero meaning next semester.. .-. and even if that quick sport mode kinda looks jockey ish.. im just saying, jokey ish because i've seen it before.

Last edited:
well option1: thats kinda different... id probably do that after i had a small intro conversation (the hand shake gesture)... and probably at a bar where that normally seems to happen or just in a public place not only a bar.

option2: straight up wrong.... party foul!!! o_O if she doesn't duck and you nail her in the face EVERYONE who just saw that... ummm noo.. your options just hit below zero meaning next semester.. .-. and even if that quick sport mode kinda looks jockey ish.. im just saying, jokey ish because i've seen it before.

Eh...different strokes. Personally I wouldnt advocate the Good Revs approach for example either...or the $50 dollar ride. Some people can carry it off...but...

Edit: OH! In light of the more aggressive approaches, there is a simple intro line...if it smacks her you just walk up to her and say "that wont be the last time on of my balls hits your chin..."

I have countless conferences and meetings I attend. Meeting someone is as easy as saying howdy and gauging response when you are comfortable and confident in yourself. Guess the point I was making is when you get past the nervousness its just simply an act of meeting someone and getting to know them, not a "hi, I would like to carry on my family name at your expense" kind of thing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom