• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

how would you approach someone

Eh...different strokes. Personally I wouldnt advocate the Good Revs approach for example either...or the $50 dollar ride. Some people can carry it off...but...

Edit: OH! In light of the more aggressive approaches, there is a simple intro line...if it smacks her you just walk up to her and say "that wont be the last time on of my balls hits your chin..."

I have countless conferences and meetings I attend. Meeting someone is as easy as saying howdy and gauging response when you are comfortable and confident in yourself. Guess the point I was making is when you get past the nervousness its just simply an act of meeting someone and getting to know them, not a "hi, I would like to carry on my family name at your expense" kind of thing.
hahaha you guys are just making me laugh so hard. and okis i can see where you're going this, you're right after the simple intro it really does just flow right on like a boat on a river

Classic example.

You: "You and I would never get along"

Pause...

her: "you are probably right"

You, "that's because we are to much alike"

walk away......

Like throwing pebbles....

This would never work on me:)

Setting dictates everything...but Im getting on in my years and dont really like games...so I would probably introduce myself in the same way I do now in casual settings...walk up, extend my hand offer my name. If they take it...follow up with topical conversation...if they dont, smile...probably laugh a little bit...and move on.

Option 2...carry a skoosh or nerf ball with you, yell think fast, and throw it at them. their response dictates everything. If they scream and duck...leave it alone. If they snatch it out of the air and hurl it back...she's a keeper...

Wow.. You are a real catch:roll: Some idiot threw a ball at me? He may get his ass kicked:2razz:

Setting dictates everything...but Im getting on in my years and dont really like games...so I would probably introduce myself in the same way I do now in casual settings...walk up, extend my hand offer my name. If they take it...follow up with topical conversation...if they dont, smile...probably laugh a little bit...and move on.

Option 2...carry a skoosh or nerf ball with you, yell think fast, and throw it at them. their response dictates everything. If they scream and duck...leave it alone. If they snatch it out of the air and hurl it back...she's a keeper...

Carry a puppy, or a one year old and call him your nephew. But still don't forget the backhanded compliments. :thumbs:

Wow.. You are a real catch:roll: Some idiot threw a ball at me? He may get his ass kicked:2razz:

1-Before you throw ANYTHING you usually have a feel...a vibe...and Im not getting the sense that would be a problem...and
2-It was PROBABLY a joke...

1-Before you throw ANYTHING you usually have a feel...a vibe...and Im not getting the sense that would be a problem...and

A feel and a vibe, i don't bring any of that out until at least the third date. :mrgreen:

Most people don't know - I couldn't tell the difference.

I can understand that, and that would certainly play in how one would approach someone. If you feel confident in your "people reading skills", then doing what I and/or Goshin suggested would be appropriate. If you don't feel confident in them, then it wouldn't be as appropriate and your route would yield the better results. I tend to fall into the "good people reader" category (necessary with many of my former jobs), so I would tend to give advice based on that. Whereas your advice would work for people in either category.

Whatever, haha. So funny. Not.

This whole thread is a moot point.

For beautiful people, it's flirting. For ugly people, it's sexual harassment.

Everything else is just filler.

Whatever, haha. So funny. Not.

See...Im not getting the feeling or vibe that you are one that I would be interested in either...so...look how well this all works out...

The Good Reverend would roll in with a "negative compliment", That's how the Good Reverend rolls. :pimpdaddy:

cheerleadingsupply03_clip_image003.jpg

That's just how I roll.

Carry a puppy, or a one year old and call him your nephew. But still don't forget the backhanded compliments. :thumbs:

Puppies would just make me run away from anyone holding it. Children always work for me.
I approach guys in parks when I am taking my nieces to tell them how cute their child/nephew is

OT: If I want to talk to someone it depends on the setting. If it is a book shop/game store. I will just say hey and mention the game/book they are looking at and they always respond.

Last edited:
I have always just been direct: Hey, whats up, my name is x, want a beer?

Granted, I am gay, so I dont have to dance around for five days for the mating dance like het's.

If your direct and open about what you want - people will respect you for that.

okay okay, so here the deal me personally im a chicken *(and i admit it wassup lol)* when it comes to walking up to someone i think is cute hot attractive and what not. i tend to usually find out if maybe know someone who knows her and to get them to introduce them to me... how would you approach someone out of the blue with out the corny lines lol because ive noticed when im with the girlfriends and they get an attractive guy coming up to them and start talking it seems to be at first a bit awkward because some strange guy just came up out of nowhere.

so how would you go up to a girl/guy *(doesn't matter which one this is a thread for everyone.)* and talk to them

Invade her personal space and say, "Wazzup?"
This will fluster her and throw her off guard.
When she opens her mouth to respond in some way, say, "Yeah, whatever. So girl can I holla at you sometime?"
Then hand her a business card and walk away before she has a chance to regain her composure.

Hey, it's worth a try, and you risk nothing. :shrug:

This would never work on me:)

That's because it's made up crap from an MTV reality/game show and an internet dating guru that sells this crud to people like snakeoil, lol.

Just go up to the person and talk to the person. They're gonna know right away if they like you or not. There's either an attraction or there isn't. If they're not interested, walk away.

There's a myth. Women love the bad boy/douche bag types. This is perpetuated by the lonely loosers who are sitting at home calling themselves nice guys. They think of every guy who's brave enough to *gasp* talk to women as a douche.

Any woman that fits that stereotype too closely and want's to be ignored or receive "negative compliments" I personally would have no interest in them.

Puppies would just make me run away from anyone holding it. Children always work for me.
I approach guys in parks when I am taking my nieces to tell them how cute their child/nephew is

LOL Now I'm the opposite. If I see someone with a kid, I disregard them. However, a dog, especially a puppy, and I'm stopping to talk and pet and ooo and ahhh.

LOL Now I'm the opposite. If I see someone with a kid, I disregard them. However, a dog, especially a puppy, and I'm stopping to talk and pet and ooo and ahhh.

lol well in that case back to the park again with the puppies lol

That's because it's made up crap from an MTV reality/game show and an internet dating guru that sells this crud to people like snakeoil, lol.

Just go up to the person and talk to the person. They're gonna know right away if they like you or not. There's either an attraction or there isn't. If they're not interested, walk away.

There's a myth. Women love the bad boy/douche bag types. This is perpetuated by the lonely loosers who are sitting at home calling themselves nice guys. They think of every guy who's brave enough to *gasp* talk to women as a douche.

Any woman that fits that stereotype too closely and want's to be ignored or receive "negative compliments" I personally would have no interest in them.
well dang that just sucks for that person. but for me i guess im just really shy i wish i had the confidence to talk to any girl whether be douche bag or just simply a smooth person persona.

Absolute bunk. My date book was always more filled when I acted like a dick than when I acted like a gentleman.

Success in approaching women is more about who you are than how you act.

The self always shines through.

Back
Top Bottom