• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

How Would Thomas Jefferson Feel About Our Current National Debt?

TimmyBoy

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I remember reading in history how, Thomas Jefferson had paid off the US National Debt. He seemed to wisely have a conservative philosophy when it came to economics and he talked about the need to keep the nation out of debt. He himself was also in debt and his slaves had to be sold to pay his debts after he passed away. Yet, he turned around and kept the nation out of debt. Perhaps he learned the lessons the hard way and made sure the nation didn't have to suffer his fate when it came to being in debt. When it comes to business and money, I follow the wise advice echoed from the past to our present by Thomas Jefferson by staying out debt as well as listen to the advice of billionaires like Donald Trump who talked about how you had to be a "go getter" when it comes to business. How would Thomas Jefferson, if he were placed in a time machine and brought to our current time, feel about our national debt? Would it be his worst nightmare come true?

He'd go ape-**** and he'd flip double time too if he saw the rampant taxation in our country.

Maybe he'd try to organize a revolution against the government and write another Declaration of Independence. :lol:

The Real McCoy said:
He'd go ape-**** and he'd flip double time too if he saw the rampant taxation in our country.

Maybe he'd try to organize a revolution against the government and write another Declaration of Independence. :lol:

Ohh I'm sure he would. He would flip out and go through the roof if he saw the country and it's debts the way it is today. I think part of the reason why we have the taxation today that didn't exist then is because of our debt. Getting rid of the National Debt would be very painful economically and politicans are not willing to take those necessary, painful steps to pay off the debt because it would get them thrown out of office. Most Americans don't realize the seriousness of our National Debt and the sort of burdens it places on each citizen and how it affects the overall health of our nation.

Back
Top Bottom