• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How Would Bernie Have Done -

Moderate Right

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
If before this process started that there were no such such thing as superdelegates or a prejudiced DNC. Would Hillary have still won? Bernie? Someone else?

If before this process started that there were no such such thing as superdelegates or a prejudiced DNC. Would Hillary have still won? Bernie? Someone else?

Bernie promised young generation free stuff.

How do you think he woulda done?

Bernie promised young generation free stuff.

How do you think he woulda done?
Not well, too many know that we cannot afford his promises.

Not well, too many know that we cannot afford his promises.

I think he would have won 90% of the morons under the age of 35. Which is a lot. But yea, he would have done horrible with people with a brain.

Since she received almost 4 million more votes than Bernie did I would say the results would be the same.

I don't know. The DNC sure tried to keep the debates as low profile as possible, which hurt Bernie. But I'm not sure to what extent it hurt him. Now, if all the primaries were open he would have stood a better chance since it would have attracted independents. But I can understand why a party wouldn't want non-party members voting.

One can only hope not. But Trump is the candidate, so the voters are in a weird mood.

I don't know. The DNC sure tried to keep the debates as low profile as possible, which hurt Bernie. But I'm not sure to what extent it hurt him. Now, if all the primaries were open he would have stood a better chance since it would have attracted independents. But I can understand why a party wouldn't want non-party members voting.

I can certainly understand why they wouldn't want a populist with such a destructive policy mix in the WH.

Polls I heard said Bernie would have done well in a national election. There seemed to be skullduggery in the Nevada primary. The young people really like him. Him in the white house? If you think congress has been obstructionist with Obama, I cannot imagine them with Bernie. The big difference is he probably would have made less of an effort to cooperate with them than Obama, and wouldn't care so much what they thought. Trump seemed to me to feel threatened by the Bernie vote.

How would fish do if there were no water quality problems or dams? ;)

Since she received almost 4 million more votes than Bernie did I would say the results would be the same.

Yeah but I'm saying that if it hadn't been rigged from day one with superdelegates and all that, the voting may have gone down a lot differently than it did. Bernie won several states where Hillary got the majority of the delegates. Once the delegate math added up voters may not have thought that Bernie could even win.

Yeah but I'm saying that if it hadn't been rigged from day one with superdelegates and all that, the voting may have gone down a lot differently than it did. Bernie won several states where Hillary got the majority of the delegates. Once the delegate math added up voters may not have thought that Bernie could even win.

It would have to made a difference to about 2 mil. voters. 95% of voters don't pay attention to the crap we do here. I don't think it would have made a lick of difference.

The way Bernie could've won is if all the primaries were open primaries. He probably would have won with the indy support he had behind him.

Back
Top Bottom