• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How would a Christian nation defend itself against oppression?

Tons. Abortion, rights for ethnic minorities, and the right to bear arms for example.

As usual, you don't know what you're talking about. I could post the relevant scriptures, like this, from Luke:

Then Jesus asked them, "When I sent you without purse, bag or sandals, did you lack anything?" "Nothing," they answered. He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. It is written: 'And he was numbered with the transgressors'; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment." The disciples said, "See, LORD, here are two swords." "That's enough!" he replied.

But I know you're going to say something ridiculous, like "It doesn't say anything about AR-15s!"

Last edited:
As usual, you don't know what you're talking about. I could post the relevant scriptures, like this, from Luke:

Then Jesus asked them, "When I sent you without purse, bag or sandals, did you lack anything?" "Nothing," they answered. He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. It is written: 'And he was numbered with the transgressors'; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment." The disciples said, "See, LORD, here are two swords." "That's enough!" he replied.

But I know you're going to say something ridiculous, like "It doesn't say anything about AR-15s!"
It's metaphorical. :ninja:

What isn't in the Bible?

This:

"Hmm..... I guess Christians must have missed that message about “not forcing their religion on others” for the past..... thousand years or so."

...and about a gazillion other things that atheists claim are in or not in the Bible. These are the people who claim to know more about the Bible than we do.

Did you forget about the fact that Jesus stopped his disciple from using his sword and healed the wound of the official who came to arrest him?

On the other hand, Mohamed actually used a sword himself and led armies of conquest. He had all the men and youths of the Jewish Banu Quraiza tribe beheaded with swords - at least 500 hundred of them.

Did you forget about the fact that Jesus stopped his disciple from using his sword and healed the wound of the official who came to arrest him?

On the other hand, Mohamed actually used a sword himself and led armies of conquest. He had all the men and youths of the Jewish Banu Quraiza tribe beheaded with swords - at least 500 hundred of them.

No, I didn't forget that, and I don't care about what that murderer Mohamed did, it has nothing to do with this.

It's metaphorical. :ninja:

It was also an opportunity to teach his apostles a lesson about pursuing peace at all cost...Caiaphas sent soldiers to arrest Jesus during the night but Jesus was aware of his strategy, so during his final meal with the apostles, he asked them to get some swords...2 would be sufficient to teach them a vital lesson...later that night, Peter used a sword to attack a member of the mob who came to arrest Jesus...he was probably angry at the injustice of Jesus’ nighttime arrest...but what did Jesus told Peter?...“Return your sword to its place, for all those who take up the sword will perish by the sword....this powerful lesson was in harmony with what Jesus prayed about earlier that night​...they must be no part of the world...John 17:16...fighting injustice was something to be left to God...

Do you know how they were judged?

Do you know how they were judged?

Yes, Mohamed appointed a Jewish convert to set their penalty. He chose beheading and Mohamed then said God would have set the same penalty. Please don't pretend that Mohamed was not in 100% control of the whole kangaroo court. If he had some other penalty in mind, it would have happened his way, and you know it.

It was also an opportunity to teach his apostles a lesson about pursuing peace at all cost...Caiaphas sent soldiers to arrest Jesus during the night but Jesus was aware of his strategy, so during his final meal with the apostles, he asked them to get some swords...2 would be sufficient to teach them a vital lesson...later that night, Peter used a sword to attack a member of the mob who came to arrest Jesus...he was probably angry at the injustice of Jesus’ nighttime arrest...but what did Jesus told Peter?...“Return your sword to its place, for all those who take up the sword will perish by the sword....this powerful lesson was in harmony with what Jesus prayed about earlier that night​...they must be no part of the world...John 17:16...fighting injustice was something to be left to God...
What does John 17:16 "They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world." have to do with "fighting injustice was something to be left to God"?

A lot of the things the crusaders did were not authorised by the pope. They were criticised by the pope, to put it mildly.

Without the Pope pushing for the crusades in the first place they never would have happened. The pope was more than happy to reap the spoils when things went well.

Yes, Mohamed appointed a Jewish convert to set their penalty. He chose beheading and Mohamed then said God would have set the same penalty. Please don't pretend that Mohamed was not in 100% control of the whole kangaroo court. If he had some other penalty in mind, it would have happened his way, and you know it.
Their punishment was the same as prescribed in the Torah — the law of the Jews.

Deuteronomy 20

"10 When thou comest nigh unto a city to fight against it, then proclaim peace unto it.

11 And it shall be, if it make thee answer of peace, and open unto thee, then it shall be, that all the people that is found therein shall be tributaries unto thee, and they shall serve thee.

12 And if it will make no peace with thee, but will make war against thee, then thou shalt besiege it:

13 And when the Lord thy God hath delivered it into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword:

14 But the women, and the little ones, and the cattle, and all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself; and thou shalt eat the spoil of thine enemies, which the Lord thy God hath given thee."

Are you seriously trying to argue the Pope(s) wouldn’t know what’s in the Bible?

:lol:

I am seriously trying to say that I may not agree with the Pope's interpretation - or yours. Ain't the first time, won't be the last.

What does John 17:16 "They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world." have to do with "fighting injustice was something to be left to God"?

Who get involved with silly human wars? Those who are a part of this world and have no other hope than to fight, trying to save themselves...

I don't see anything about abortions, gun rights or anything else of remote relevance in your quoted scripture.

It's just your opinion and you want to stretch the truth to slap a "god" label km it.

I don't see anything about abortions, gun rights or anything else of remote relevance in your quoted scripture.

It's just your opinion and you want to stretch the truth to slap a "god" label km it.

Hahahaha Rapid expects to see the terms "abortion," "gun rights," in the Bible! Hahahahaha

Why isn't "gun rights" in the Bible, huh? Why is that?

Talk about silly. That really takes the cake!

Oh what a doober.....hahahahaha

Last edited:
Hahahaha Rapid expects to see the terms "abortion," "gun rights," in the Bible! Hahahahaha

Why isn't "gun rights" in the Bible, huh? Why is that?

Talk about silly. That really takes the cake!

Oh what a doober.....hahahahaha

It sure is odd that something you guys think is so important and holy, abortion, wasn't mentioned once. Maybe it's not actually that important to the alleged creator of the universe.

It sure is odd that something you guys think is so important and holy, abortion, wasn't mentioned once. Maybe it's not actually that important to the alleged creator of the universe.

Exactly.

Here's what God thinks of the unborn:

Psalms 58:8 "Let them be as a snail which melts away as it goes along, like the miscarriages of a woman which never see the sun."​

It's pretty obvious God values women much more than the unborn.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Hahahahaha rapid still not getting it why it's so funny .....hahahahaha

Exactly.

Here's what God thinks of the unborn:

Psalms 58:8 "Let them be as a snail which melts away as it goes along, like the miscarriages of a woman which never see the sun."​

It's pretty obvious God values women much more than the unborn.
:roll:

For one thing, stillborn/miscarriage is not the same as deliberately killing (murder).

This isn't about who God values more. Abortion is about murder.
And in this generation, abortion is now associated with idolatry!

Secondly....................... you're taking that verse out of context. Here it is:

Psalm 58
Do you rulers indeed speak justly?
Do you judge people with equity?
No, in your heart you devise injustice,
and your hands mete out violence on the earth.

Even from birth the wicked go astray;
from the womb they are wayward, spreading lies.

Their venom is like the venom of a snake,
like that of a cobra that has stopped its ears,
that will not heed the tune of the charmer,
however skillful the enchanter may be.

Break the teeth in their mouths, O God;
Lord, tear out the fangs of those lions!
Let them vanish like water that flows away;
when they draw the bow, let their arrows fall short.

May they be like a slug that melts away as it moves along,
like a stillborn child that never sees the sun.

There. Nothing in there talks about anything valuing the woman more than the fetus!

Last edited:
For one thing, stillborn/miscarriage is not the same as deliberately killing (murder).

You are so blinded by your dogma that you cannot just read what's there. It's about how God values that unborn...that its loss means almost nothing. Has nothing to do with deliberate or not. He compares the unborn's developing life to be of little substance, comparing it to the fleeting, impermanent, and fading slug slime.

The context doesnt change that a bit.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

You are so blinded by your dogma that you cannot just read what's there. It's about how God values that unborn...that its loss means almost nothing. Has nothing to do with deliberate or not. He compares the unborn's developing life to be of little substance, comparing it to the fleeting, impermanent, and fading slug slime.

The context doesnt change that a bit.

You see what you want to see. :shrug:

Believe what you want. Anyway.......this isn't the topic or the section for that.

Back
Top Bottom