• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How would a Christian nation defend itself against oppression?

The Christians are always pushing what they suppose to be peace&love verses at us. What would happen to a Christian nation if it came under serious oppression and perhaps even full war? Would they survive without the help of the disbelievers who can "raise the sword"?

Here's something to read about self-defense:

What does the Bible say about self-defense?

The Bible never forbids self-defense, and believers are allowed to defend themselves and their families. But the fact that we are permitted to defend ourselves does not necessarily mean we must do so in every situation. Knowing God’s heart through reading His Word and relying on “the wisdom that comes from heaven” (James 3:17) will help us know how to best respond in situations that might call for self-defense.

What does the Bible say about self-defense? | GotQuestions.org

The Christians are always pushing what they suppose to be peace&love verses at us. What would happen to a Christian nation if it came under serious oppression and perhaps even full war? Would they survive without the help of the disbelievers who can "raise the sword"?
I think you may have some tainted preconcienved notions of Christians. But I wont answer for everyone...just myself.

I use the word love more than any man probably should and still have a 'man card'. I love unconditionally. I dont 'like' unconditionally...that's a completely different matter. But I accept that everyone is who they are for a reason. That being said....

Self, family, community. Those are my responsibilities. I cant change the world. I cant save the world. I am responsible for myself and to support and defend my community. Dont attack us, we will never have a problem.

The problem is.....a lot of non-Christians think they know Christianity. :lol:

If you believe Christ rose from the dead then you're Saved.

Because at death the demigods can see the thought and expand it.

The thing is, if you're not ready, then you got to come back here for the gratification of controlling atoms and if you can't afford a human body, you take an animal body to do things like see light and eat.

The Goal is to return unto the Father with an obedient material body.

Exactly...Jesus set the standard for Christians with respect to the shedding of blood...

“All those who take the sword will perish by the sword.” Matthew 26:52

No - you're taking that out of context.
Jesus doesn't mean that they cannot use their swords. As usual.......you've left out some of the verses:

Here it is:

Matthew 26

50 Jesus replied, “Do what you came for, friend.”

Then the men stepped forward, seized Jesus and arrested him.
51 With that, one of Jesus’ companions reached for his sword, drew it out and struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his ear.

52 “Put your sword back in its place,” Jesus said to him, “for all who draw the sword will die by the sword.

53 Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels?

54 But how then would the Scriptures be fulfilled that say it must happen in this way?”

Yes, he did say that for all who draw the sword die by the sword. It's just a practical statement.
You live a violent life - chances are you die a violent death!

But the reason why He stopped His disciples from fighting was because of the statement He gave. See that red large statement?

This scenario has to happen. He has to get arrested in order to fulfill what He was supposed to do.

The saying “live by the sword, die by the sword” is an idiom that basically means “what goes around comes around.”

More to the point, “if you use violent, forceful, or underhanded methods against other people, you can expect those same methods to be used against you.”
What does it mean to live by the sword and die by the sword? | GotQuestions.org

Last edited:
:roll:

Lol. Your opinion is irrelevant! Get a grip.

Hello? Read the OP!

Did you even see the title of this thread?

The OP is talking about................................ CHRISTIANS!

Therefore, my response - as a CHRISTIAN, may I add - is about......................... Christianity!

Valery has 203 posts so I thought I'd spice up her thread with another nugget from Exquisitor for all the readers who wonder longingly if there are any nuggets from Exquisitor on DP today?

But you're right, now I'm missing other threads, I better start a couple tabs.

This thread? This thread is as stupid as the kid that had his fiber yesterday, but I wasn't going to say anything because it only 203 posts.

Welcome Valery, good luck at DP, whatever that means to you.

I think you may have some tainted preconcienved notions of Christians. But I wont answer for everyone...just myself.

I use the word love more than any man probably should and still have a 'man card'. I love unconditionally. I dont 'like' unconditionally...that's a completely different matter. But I accept that everyone is who they are for a reason. That being said....

Self, family, community. Those are my responsibilities. I cant change the world. I cant save the world. I am responsible for myself and to support and defend my community. Dont attack us, we will never have a problem.

Who on Earth would attack your community? And what what would you do to defend it?

Do Muslims believe in the 10 Commandments given to Moses?
Well... Qur'an 5:151-153 "Say: Come, I will recite what your Lord has prohibited you from: Join not anything in worship with him; be good and dutiful to your parents; kill not your children because of poverty We provide sustenance for you and for them; come not near to al-fawaahish (shameful sins, illegal sexual intercourse, etc.), whether committed openly or secretly; and kill not anyone whom Allaah has forbidden, except for a just cause (according to Islamic law). This He has commanded you that you may understand.

And come not near to the orphan's property, except to improve it, until he (or she) attains the age of full strength; and give full measure and full weight with justice. We burden not any person, but that which he can bear. And whenever you give your word (i.e., judge between men or give evidence, etc.), say the truth even if a near relative is concerned, and fulfil the Covenant of Allaah. This He commands you, that you may remember.

And, verily, this (i.e., Allaah's commandments mentioned in the above two verses) is my Straight Path, so follow it, and follow not (other) paths, for they will separate you away from His Path. This He has ordained for you that you may become al-muttaqoon (the pious)."

The TenCommandments - Islam Question & Answer

If Christians could survive oppression by the Romans, oppression by Islam, and oppression by the various more recent communist regimes and still exist today. I think they will be fine no matter where history goes next.

If Christians could survive oppression by the Romans, oppression by Islam, and oppression by the various more recent communist regimes and still exist today. I think they will be fine no matter where history goes next.
But that doesn't really answer my question.

(I didn't know it was that difficult a question)

Who on Earth would attack your community? And what what would you do to defend it?

Read the OP. I think his response is related to the OP.

To hear others. Now stop spamming the thread and try to put your thoughts into a single post.

SPAMMING? How am I spamming? Because I made several posts?

You made a contradictory statement to your OP - that's the problem here.

You said in your OP: What would happen to a Christian nation if it came under serious oppression and perhaps even full war? Would they survive without the help of the disbelievers who can "raise the sword"?

Of course, I had to prove to you that you're misinformed if you think that.
I gave you verses straight from the Bible!
Surely I have credible reasons to be skeptic about your knowledge of the Scriptures (because of what you claimed in your OP)!

Then, when I asked you if you think Christians are not allowed to defend themselves - you said, no you don't think that.

SO.......

...........that leaves the question as to what's the purpose of your silly claim in your OP, which you say you don't think it is so in the first place?

Either you didn't know that Christians are allowed to defend themselves.....

..........or.......your OP is just.... :shrug:....pure bs?

Last edited:
SPAMMING? How am I spamming? Because I made several posts?
Yes. I find it irritating.
..........that leaves the question as to what's the purpose of your silly claim in your OP, which you say you don't think it is so in the first place?
I see. My op was not devoid of sarcasm. I know some Christians find it hard to talk about the other side of Christianity openly. Perhaps because they don't understand it and don't want to look stupid. I was simply exaggerating my point by pointing out the general attitude that I see from Christians, with all the verses they quote and all their interpretations and excuses and "liberal" views, would leave them absolutely helpless in real life.

This particularly because when Christians slander Islam, they always complain about war and all acts of punishment and violence. You can tell them a million times that it is justified — they will never accept it. So you see, such people cannot admit that Christianity permits warring. They would have to come up with a whole new excuse for rejecting islam.

Have you ever been in a course called “history” at any level of education?

Yes. I find it irritating.

I see. My op was not devoid of sarcasm. I know some Christians find it hard to talk about the other side of Christianity openly. Perhaps because they don't understand it and don't want to look stupid. I was simply exaggerating my point by pointing out the general attitude that I see from Christians, with all the verses they quote and all their interpretations and excuses and "liberal" views, would leave them absolutely helpless in real life.

This particularly because when Christians slander Islam, they always complain about war and all acts of punishment and violence. You can tell them a million times that it is justified — they will never accept it. So you see, such people cannot admit that Christianity permits warring. They would have to come up with a whole new excuse for rejecting islam.

But...are they really Christians? Are they following Jesus' teachings of peace?

....because, that's the message of Jesus. It's about LOVE.

LOVE of GOD. LOVE of NEIGHBORS.

Violence is not the answer to everything. There is no JIHAD when it comes to the Abrahamic God!

God wants a willing believer - not someone coersced or threatened by death or violence.

The Abrahamic God does not want us to force our belief into others!

I suppose you don't believe in the 10 Commandments?

Hmm..... I guess Christians must have missed that message about “not forcing their religion on others” for the past..... thousand years or so.

But that doesn't really answer my question.

(I didn't know it was that difficult a question)

Actually my answer isn't that difficult to understand, but I'll try to expand on my original answer...

Since at the beginning of Christianity during the Roman empire, Christians could survive at a time when their religion was outlawed by Rome, and they were being wholesale slaughtered for their faith---even fed to loins for sport in Rome. If they could withstand that kind of oppression, why do you think it would be difficult today for them to survive without the "help of disbelievers" who aren't feeding them to lions?

Your original question assumes that those who are Christian rely on the goodwill of unbelievers for their existence. That may SEEM TO be the case in societies which allow religious freedom, but clearly that has not been the situation historically, or even currently in many parts of the world. Try being a vocal Christian in Afghanistan, North Korea, Iran, or even in China right now--- yet there are still Christians in those places and always will be. What Christians will tell you is that their faith and existence is NOT subject to the will or good graces of man or any government. That it exists by means of a higher order----even when it is being oppressed. The Christian would tell you that man has no power over what is spiritual in nature.

Not sure, but your original question makes it sound as if you believe that like YOUR tolerance is what allows for Christianity to exist. I'm pretty sure that Christians will tell you that is not the case.

Hope that explains it better? If you have any other questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

If you are assuming America is a Christian nation, you are wrong. The US is a secular nation. It is no more Christian, by it's own constitution, than it is Islamic, Jewish, or what. Some clarity from you will help to give an answer that you demand.

I find it a ridiculous interpretation of the word secular when speaking of america. You are a christian nation despite what your constitution has to say on the matter.

No. A hypothetical nation that follows the Christian principles. A nation filled with Christians who follow Christian principles.

I dunno but if you look at the Christian civilian population of the US as an example, we're armed to the teeth. And we have a military.

Since there are no nations that fit your description, then we have to look at what most closely represents it :shrug: I mean, since we're hypothesizing and all....

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

I dunno but if you look at the Christian civilian population of the US as an example, we're armed to the teeth. And we have a military.

Since there are no nations that fit your description, then we have to look at what most closely represents it :shrug: I mean, since we're hypothesizing and all....
maybe you don't know what hypothetical means.

Again i point out. The vatican city is a nation state that is christian and where the population follow christian ideology.

Or is this gong to be one of those laughable arguments where the american christians argue that roman catholics are not really christians.

maybe you don't know what hypothetical means.

Yuh, I do...hence my specific response. Perhaps read it again and see if you can understand that.

Then, perhaps you'll address the response itself.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Again i point out. The vatican city is a nation state that is christian and where the population follow christian ideology.

Or is this gong to be one of those laughable arguments where the american christians argue that roman catholics are not really christians.

I was going to respond and decided to wait and see what others you got.

And they have their own armed guard. However...are there any civilians living in the Vatican or only bureaucrats? Administrators, spoiled cardinals and bishops. etc?

You might want to look at the cities burning across the country and the vile piece of **** leftists that people like you support and what they have done to them.

Well, if we are to take history as a guide: they would certainly fight, just not very well. And in all likelihood go to war with another Christian nation because the other nation may be of a different brand of Christianity. Usually, the side with the greater numbers and or a competent general or two would win.

To be honest, I don't think this question is very well thought out as it makes a lot of assumptions. Namely, that Christianity isn't really one religion, but several different sides to the same idea.

Back
Top Bottom