• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How would a Christian nation defend itself against oppression?

Valery

Reaction score
The Christians are always pushing what they suppose to be peace&love verses at us. What would happen to a Christian nation if it came under serious oppression and perhaps even full war? Would they survive without the help of the disbelievers who can "raise the sword"?

The Christians are always pushing what they suppose to be peace&love verses at us. What would happen to a Christian nation if it came under serious oppression and perhaps even full war? Would they survive without the help of the disbelievers who can "raise the sword"?

Christians kill people all the time, there are very few that will not raise a sword.

The best defense against oppression is democracy.

The Christians are always pushing what they suppose to peace&love verses at us. What would happen to a Christian nation if it came under serious oppression and perhaps even full war? Would they survive without the help of the disbelievers who can "raise the sword"?

Don’t worry about them. They have been among the most aggressive and violent religions in world history. They would be fine.

Don’t worry about them. They have been among the most aggressive and violent religions in world history. They would be fine.
Nice deflection......once again.......:sigh:

However, I'm not worried about them. It's a coherent, practical question. Answer it.

The best defense against oppression is democracy.
It's great, but we're talking about the hypothetical situation of a Christian nation being under severe oppression.

It's great, but we're talking about the hypothetical situation of a Christian nation being under severe oppression.

Christians are no less militant than any other religion.

If you are assuming America is a Christian nation, you are wrong. The US is a secular nation. It is no more Christian, by it's own constitution, than it is Islamic, Jewish, or what. Some clarity from you will help to give an answer that you demand.

Well, that's a farce...there are no Christian nations...in the physical sense, anyway...

If you are assuming America is a Christian nation, you are wrong. The US is a secular nation. It is no more Christian, by it's own constitution, than it is Islamic, Jewish, or what. Some clarity from you will help to give an answer that you demand.
No. A hypothetical nation that follows the Christian principles. A nation filled with Christians who follow Christian principles.

Have you ever read the Bible?

Do you think Christians are not allowed to practice self-defense?

Luke 22

35 Then Jesus asked them, “When I sent you without purse, bag or sandals, did you lack anything?”

“Nothing,” they answered.

36 He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag;
and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

Last edited:

God doesn't see anythng wrong about defending your property, either!

Exodus 22

2 “If a thief is caught breaking in at night and is struck a fatal blow,
the defender is not guilty of bloodshed;

That's why they love Trump. A disbeliever to raise the sword.

The disciples during Jesus' time were........packing! :lol:

Luke 22

49 When Jesus’ followers saw what was going to happen, they said, “Lord, should we strike with our swords?”

50 And one of them struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his right ear.

51 But Jesus answered, “No more of this!” And he touched the man’s ear and healed him.

Take note: Jesus did not say, "No! It's forbidden!"

The Christians are always pushing what they suppose to be peace&love verses at us.

....because, that's the message of Jesus. It's about LOVE.

LOVE of GOD. LOVE of NEIGHBORS.

Violence is not the answer to everything. There is no JIHAD when it comes to the Abrahamic God!

God wants a willing believer - not someone coersced or threatened by death or violence.

The Abrahamic God does not want us to force our belief into others!

I suppose you don't believe in the 10 Commandments?

Last edited:
No. A hypothetical nation that follows the Christian principles. A nation filled with Christians who follow Christian principles.

The problem is.....a lot of non-Christians think they know Christianity. :lol:

God doesn't see anythng wrong about defending your property, either!

Exodus 22

2 “If a thief is caught breaking in at night and is struck a fatal blow,
the defender is not guilty of bloodshed;

I don't see how some favored book' opinion can be said to be of God.

Or that your interpretation of such a verse's purport is of God.

Albeit, your above simplification indicates a position.

The Bible is a code of ethics and philosophy by which many may come to similar conclusions.

Nice deflection......once again.......:sigh:

However, I'm not worried about them. It's a coherent, practical question. Answer it.

What deflection? They will kick anyone’s a$$ who even tries. Very few people, including Christians, take their religion very seriously. And thank goodness for that.

I don't see how some favored book' opinion can be said to be of God.

Or that your interpretation of such a verse's purport is of God.

Albeit, your above simplification indicates a position.

The Bible is a code of ethics and philosophy by which many may come to similar conclusions.
:roll:

Lol. Your opinion is irrelevant! Get a grip.

Hello? Read the OP!

Did you even see the title of this thread?

The OP is talking about................................ CHRISTIANS!

Therefore, my response - as a CHRISTIAN, may I add - is about......................... Christianity!

Last edited:
Not as a whole, but I dare say I'm quite familiar when compared to your average Christian.

Really?

Originally Posted by tosca1 View Post

Then, why make up a silly OP? :lol:

If you don't think Christians are not allowed to practice self-defense.....what's the purpose of your OP?

Just because you feel like making it up? :mrgreen:

Really?

Then, why make up a silly OP? :lol:

If you don't think Christians are not allowed to practice self-defense.....what's the purpose of your OP?
To hear others. Now stop spamming the thread and try to put your thoughts into a single post.

Not as a whole, but I dare say I'm quite familiar when compared to your average Christian. No.

Exactly...Jesus set the standard for Christians with respect to the shedding of blood...

“All those who take the sword will perish by the sword.” Matthew 26:52

Originally Posted by Valery View Post

Do Muslims believe in the 10 Commandments given to Moses?

Have you ever read the Bible?

Luke 22

35 Then Jesus asked them, “When I sent you without purse, bag or sandals, did you lack anything?”

“Nothing,” they answered.

36 He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag;
and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

Jesus had a specific reason for that...He knew an opportunity would arise to teach his disciples a lesson and it did...

Back
Top Bottom