• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How will the SCOTUS change the election?

How much do you think the new SCOTUS will change the election?

• A lot more towards Trump

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Moderately towards Trump

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Slightly towards Trump

• Slightly towards Biden

• Moderately towards Biden

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • A lot towards Biden

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not at all

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Very little to make any difference

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Other? Post in comments

• Total voters

Spakian

Pragmatism is the best "ism"
Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Now that the SCOTUS is more Conservative (with staunch conservative Justices Barrett, Thomas, and Alito), and making rulings on mail-in ballots, how do you think it will change the election? Will it not change at all? What would ensue based on these changes?

I think people that primarily wanted conservative Supreme Court can now vote Biden.

But I think chances of Trump attempting to steal the election via courts has gone up now.

Oops, I was just thinking of votes cast, and I think it doesn't matter to that. In terms of affecting election-related rulings, I can't bear to think in those depressing terms.

I think it will just increase enthusiasm more - on both sides and potentially about equally.

Now that the SCOTUS is more Conservative (with staunch conservative Justices Barrett, Thomas, and Alito), and making rulings on mail-in ballots, how do you think it will change the election? Will it not change at all? What would ensue based on these changes?

Don't think the SCOTUS will and it looks like the dems have mostly already voted in most of the swing states anyway. Trump (and the GOP's) problem right now is college educated seniors. Their turn out is looking like it is going to be at much as 15% higher with the current trend than in 2016 and Biden has a 10 point advantage with them. Fairly sure his bankrupt social security plan has the grannies' panties in a bunch.

Don't think the SCOTUS will and it looks like the dems have mostly already voted in most of the swing states anyway. Trump (and the GOP's) problem right now is college educated seniors. Their turn out is looking like it is going to be at much as 15% higher with the current trend than in 2016 and Biden has a 10 point advantage with them. Fairly sure his bankrupt social security plan has the grannies' panties in a bunch.
Could we PLEASE not talk about "grannies' panties"?

Could we PLEASE not talk about "grannies' panties"?

Fine-- Fairly sure his bankrupt social security plan has the grannies' saggy tits in the wringer.

So far teh Supreme Court has been pretty fair.

Not sure how the new girl will change things. Maybe she won't.

She comes from a philosophy of doing what the law says, not what you think people 200 years ago intended. That doesn't sound too bad on the face of things.

I think it will increase Democrat turnout even more, and I think it will lessen moderate Republicans that know deep down that Trump is an evil person and now that there's a fairly heavy Republican court they can just not vote for him.

The real changes will come in 2021 when the Dems decide if the court is too small. We have 10 times the population since the court first had only 9 members. But that will depend entirely on how the court votes in the next few months. I'm pretty sure Barrett is smart enough to realize that but we will see.

So far teh Supreme Court has been pretty fair.

Not sure how the new girl will change things. Maybe she won't.

She comes from a philosophy of doing what the law says, not what you think people 200 years ago intended. That doesn't sound too bad on the face of things.

Based on her rulings in lower courts, she is expected to be to the right of even Thomas who currently holds the most right-wing ruling record on the current Supreme Court.

Like she said in confirmation hearings, you won't get Scalia with her, you will get Barrett. Analysis I read from prior ruling shows Barrett will be more right wing than Scalia...

Back
Top Bottom