• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How will the Democrats try to demonize Ann C Barrett

How will the Democrats attack Judge Barrett's nomination?

• Claiming she is too young

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Arguing that Notre Dame is not a good enough law school

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jews make up 2% of the US Population-until last week, 33% of the Court was Jewish. That's even more a skew than the Catholic percentages.
Obviously that did not go unnoticed :) It's also besides the point, as I have yet to hear what Constitutional issue the Jewish heirarchy has taken a stand on.

Very astute of you to recognize it is not about the Constitution, or morality, or playing softball on a mixed gender team. It is about raw political power. You know it and I know it.
So get off your moral high horse and call it for what it really is.
The Republicans have an opportunity to create a predominantly Conservative court for the next twenty years at least. Elections have consequence and McConnell is no slouch when it comes to taking advantage of a gift that fell into his and Trump's lap.
You just don't pass up such a ripe opportunity as this one.
Schumer wouldn't pass it up either.

Chuck Schumer would have been sympathetic and respectful, not act like h a conservative justice's death was a good thing for America by immediately politicizing the tragedy. He also would not be a hypocrite, refusing to hold a confirmation hearing when he had a full nine months to do it just because a Republican President appointed a justice, then turned around and insisted on hurrying up at his next opportunity. Mitch McConnell's behavior was selfish and disrespectful.

Chuck Schumer would have been sympathetic and respectful, not act like h a conservative justice's death was a good thing for America by immediately politicizing the tragedy. He also would not be a hypocrite, refusing to hold a confirmation hearing when he had a full nine months to do it just because a Republican President appointed a justice, then turned around and insisted on hurrying up at his next opportunity. Mitch McConnell's behavior was selfish and disrespectful.

I see there is really no way you can dismount from your truly tall "high moral horse".
How long should a president wait after a SCOTUS justice death before appointing a replacement?
One month Two months

And why didn't RBG step down when Obama was president if she was so desperate to see a Liberal judge replace her on the Supreme Court?
Elections have consequences. The Democrats should have been concerned about the backlash from the Kavanaugh hearings. It is said that's why they lost Senate seats.

Try?

You are putting a religious fanatics on the Supreme Court.

Whatever happened to separation of church and state?

Your suggesting Barrett is a religious fanatic?
People are fanatics for following their religion?
You're scrap the bottom of the hate-Trump barrell.

YOUR party insist on axing God from their platform. Sounds like they want you to believe in that.
Uh huh, joe and nancy are both practicing catholics. Do you good christians have any other lies you would like to tell to support your candidate?

Uh huh, joe and nancy are both practicing catholics. Do you good christians have any other lies you would like to tell to support your candidate?
While supporting abortion. Hardly something Catholic.

Since she was the one to take place of RGB, she will try to be as "notorious" as possible. All she will end up doing is being an ass and trying to take away the rights of every Democrat alive

She'll vote to take away Americans' health care protections, overturn Roe V. Wade, continue to rule against voting rights and will vote to block every single Democratic legislative policy regardless of how completely they dominate the November election.

That's all anyone needs to know.
One can only hope.
Regards,
CP

I see no reason to demonize her other than she's a trump pick. I, like everyone else here, don't really know her. Once seated, you don't really know what a new justice will do. I'll leave the demonizing to the other eight.

While supporting abortion. Hardly something Catholic.

Your religion does not trump the law in this country, thank god, any god.
Not being sufficiently authoritarian, misogynist, classist, simplistic, shortsighted, and obsessed enough to sic law enforcement and prosecutors on only the poorest women who lack the financial resources to escape a jurisdiction that has already eliminated their access to womens health medical services, resulting in maternal mortality rates more than double than in the civilized world is not "supporting abortion", it is supporting common sense and fairness to the born, especially the poorest women.

Why the determination to award the corrupt, secretive Leonard Leo a fifth SCOTUS pick, and the corrupt, impeached Trump a third, so close to this election, to place a person raised in a controversial, secretive, tiny religious cult into a lifetime SCOTUS appointment?

Do you hate your own "women folk", or only this country's constitutional system of checks and balances?

I see no reason to demonize her other than she's a trump pick. I, like everyone else here, don't really know her. Once seated, you don't really know what a new justice will do. I'll leave the demonizing to the other eight.

Kindly open your eyes, take your fingers out of your ears, and actually consider the facts. This hypocritical move would stink, even if Trump did not openly state he is attempting to put this nominee on the SCOTUS for the rest of her working life in time for her to decide the election he is already contesting, with no factual justification.

Difficult as it has been to not be distracted from, approx. 60 million are the political movement and Trump is only a symbol who would not be a force or outsized influence if not for the supporters. The movement is not going to go away, especially if Kamala Harris was to succeed Biden.
Is there a weaponized back up to substitute for Trump, if his new pre-existing condition further incapacitates him. After the debate performance, if Trump is not on a ventilator, how would observers even be able to gauge if his capacity is further diminished.

Hope Hicks has apparently exposed to covid-19, "the Amish-like" Leonard Leo SCOTUS nominee, Leo's fifth SCOTUS placement since 2005...

https://covertactionmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/CAIB27-1987-1.pdf
Page 27
50393228647_9718d075ed_b.jpg

50393056871_dfda56489e_b.jpg

More reporting on SCOTUS nominee, Judge Amy Coney Barrett's "Amish like", People of Praise, insularity.:
Religious group scrubs all references to Amy Coney Barrett ...
www.theguardian.com › us-news › sep › people-of-prai...

1 day ago - Amy Coney Barrett, then a University of Notre Dame law professor, gives the ... though the majority of its roughly 1,800 adult members remain Catholic. ... Current People of Praise members, including Amy Barrett's father, told ... 09/30/2020

The financial market index futures have suddenly dropped more than 2 percent as of 1:30 am, EST, Oct., 2.

In any of your 238000 posts have you referred to Notre Dame as a top law school as you were opining on the best law schools? If so, can I please see it?

its top twenty-not top ten, sometimes sneaks into the top 15. It is in the same league as Vanderbilt, UCLA, Boston University. What exactly is your point-if you think a guy who almost failed out of Syracuse law should be president, what is your issue with a person that many of the professors at ND said was the best student they ever taught?

its top twenty-not top ten, sometimes sneaks into the top 15. It is in the same league as Vanderbilt, UCLA, Boston University. What exactly is your point-if you think a guy who almost failed out of Syracuse law should be president, what is your issue with a person that many of the professors at ND said was the best student they ever taught?

Can you link to some posts you made amongst the 238000 where you discussed Notre Dame being a top school?

I didn't mention Syracuse and I have no clue who "flunked out" of it. I'm asking you about your words.

Can you link to some posts you made amongst the 238000 where you discussed Notre Dame being a top school?

I didn't mention Syracuse and I have no clue who "flunked out" of it. I'm asking you about your words.

It never came up before: this is the first time I'd have any reason to discuss Notre Dame. When Barrett was being considered, I may have mentioned it.

It never came up before: this is the first time I'd have any reason to discuss Notre Dame. When Barrett was being considered, I may have mentioned it.

Of course it didn't. Because you never considered it a top school. Until now.

Your hypocrisy and fraud is noteworthy.

Kindly open your eyes, take your fingers out of your ears, and actually consider the facts. This hypocritical move would stink, even if Trump did not openly state he is attempting to put this nominee on the SCOTUS for the rest of her working life in time for her to decide the election he is already contesting, with no factual justification.
I have considered the facts and agree that it's a hypocritical move that stinks to high heaven. I have also considered the fact that there is nothing that I can do about it.

I have considered the facts and agree that it's a hypocritical move that stinks to high heaven. I have also considered the fact that there is nothing that I can do about it.
Please accept my apology, I misunderstood your post. I thought you were accusing those who point out the facts supported disqualification of Judge Barrett as somehow demonizing her. Even her own cult understands that her liabilities outweigh her assets, or they would ve featuring her background instead of scrubbing it.

More reporting on SCOTUS nominee, Judge Amy Coney Barrett's "Amish like", People of Praise, insularity.:
Religious group scrubs all references to Amy Coney Barrett ...
www.theguardian.com › us-news › sep › people-of-prai...

1 day ago - Amy Coney Barrett, then a University of Notre Dame law professor, gives the ... though the majority of its roughly 1,800 adult members remain Catholic. ... Current People of Praise members, including Amy Barrett's father, told ... 09/30/2020

She'll vote to take away Americans' health care protections, overturn Roe V. Wade, continue to rule against voting rights and will vote to block every single Democratic legislative policy regardless of how completely they dominate the November election.

That's all anyone needs to know.

Do you any proof of that outrages lie?

Back
Top Bottom