• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How will life on earth end?

fair minded

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Back in the 1970's the elite told us that "Global cooling caused by man" would kill all life on earth. The elite told us that all of the world's scientists agreed on this.

We have been told that "Acid Rain caused by man" would soon kill all of our lakes and then all life on earth. Again, we were told that all of the world's scientists agreed on this one too.

The world was supposed to end due to global warming a dozen times but we are still here waiting for the next prediction to be proved wrong.

So let us all give our opinions as to which "The sky is falling" theory will actually do us in. And just when that will happen. And yes, give us your proof. (Like, "All of the world's scientists agree.")

I will start by giving you my opinion. My guess is that most of us will die of old age or other natural causes. (Do any of you think I am wrong.) And I hate to say it but, all of the world's sane scientists believe I am right.

We won't know because human life will end before other life. We won't be sitting up on clouds strumming harps watching down on some million yr outcome to know.

Back in the 1970's the elite told us that "Global cooling caused by man" would kill all life on earth. The elite told us that all of the world's scientists agreed on this.

Not really accurate. I think there may have been 5-7 papers that proposed global cooling theory by around 1980, and there haven't been many since, if any at all. But global warming has been far more commonly predicted than global cooling.

We have been told that "Acid Rain caused by man" would soon kill all of our lakes and then all life on earth. Again, we were told that all of the world's scientists agreed on this one too.

Well acid rain isn't good for lakes or forests, but that aside, you got a cite for some of these sweeping statements? Who told you all the world's scientists agreed on this?

The world was supposed to end due to global warming a dozen times but we are still here waiting for the next prediction to be proved wrong.

Again, got a cite? Almost nobody predicted cataclysmic global warming by 2022. There have been predictions about the amount carbon in the atmosphere and the rise in temperatures, and that these things will increasingly have adverse consequences, but your statement above is nonsense.

So let us all give our opinions as to which "The sky is falling" theory will actually do us in. And just when that will happen. And yes, give us your proof. (Like, "All of the world's scientists agree.")

I will start by giving you my opinion. My guess is that most of us will die of old age or other natural causes. (Do any of you think I am wrong.) And I hate to say it but, all of the world's sane scientists believe I am right.

Oh I get it - you're bullshitting.

In about 5 billion years, the Sun will go super nova. In the lead up to that a combination of other cataclysmic events will end life on the planet. However in my opinion, long before that, human live will have colonized other plants and probably other star systems.

Welcome to DP fair minded of 29 posts.

Six billion years ago, the planet the Beast ruled ended in a nuclear snowball.

Three billion years ago the planet ruled by the Antichrist and the False Prophet used up all its resources in war.

Yesterday evening, the planet ruled by the False Prophet failed to go back to Godhead, but we don't know how.

Venus went back to Godhead, apparently they evolved into a race of Masters.

Some say, that in all the myriads of planets across Creation, there was never one that went back to Godhead. Only a few people here and there. This is because we all turned to our own way, and none sought after God.

Is there a story in Srimad Bhagavatam of a planet Ascending? Was ever there a galaxy or Universe that did Ascend?

So now at the midpoint of the second Creation, at the midpoint of a Universal expansion, it's time to clean up our mess, and planets start going back to Godhead.

Venus represents the Father, and if this planet fails, the Son may not get one until the end, and it would be that the Holy Spirit never got one. If this planet succeeds, then the rest may be for the Holy Spirit.

By the alignment in five-million years, we could have terraformed Mars, and have three planets by the Noon. Some other race may evolve by then. If this race fails they'll try again. Same people, different DNA, or out of the bush.

Life will end when the earth is blown up to make way for a galactic highway.

We can't kill all life on earth. It's too strong a biosphere for that. Sure, we can totally mess it up for a few thousand years, but it will come back basically no matter what we do. The only two things that could kill earth as a life supporting biosphere is flinging the earth out of orbit or a change in the state of the sun. Oh, and a really, really big meteor could do it too, I suppose, but it would have to be an absolute monster of a meteor.

We can't kill all life on earth. It's too strong a biosphere for that. Sure, we can totally mess it up for a few thousand years, but it will come back basically no matter what we do. The only two things that could kill earth as a life supporting biosphere is flinging the earth out of orbit or a change in the state of the sun. Oh, and a really, really big meteor could do it too.

Oh I don't know, we could give it a pretty solid go.
Fire all the nukes in random directions and deliberately meltdown all the nuclear power stations would be a solid start.

Oh I don't know, we could give it a pretty solid go.
Fire all the nukes in random directions and deliberately meltdown all the nuclear power stations would be a solid start.
The surface of the earth would return as a life supporting biosphere after a global nuclear war after about twenty years, which is when the fallout radiation would fade to background radiation levels. The earth immediately around the nuclear power meltdowns would be radioactive basically "forever" by human standards, but not by earth standards: 24,000-400,000 years. But the damage to the earth from these meltdowns will be local and not global.

The Silo series (starting with Wool) shows one hypothetical man-made end, which is a plague of life-killing nanobots. That series is a real knee slapper.

We can't kill all life on earth. It's too strong a biosphere for that. Sure, we can totally mess it up for a few thousand years, but it will come back basically no matter what we do. The only two things that could kill earth as a life supporting biosphere is flinging the earth out of orbit or a change in the state of the sun. Oh, and a really, really big meteor could do it too, I suppose, but it would have to be an absolute monster of a meteor.
A ninety mile asteroid will boil away the oceans.

Don't worry, fragments, even in a resurfacing event like Venus 300-700 million years ago, will fall back with bacteria.

Radioactive waste will only stain a million years or so.

The sun will burn out, so will earth. Nothing is infinite.

I expect all life on the crust or in the oceans of our planet to perish when the sun enters its red giant phase in a few billion years.

Next question?

Back in the 1970's the elite told us that "Global cooling caused by man" would kill all life on earth. The elite told us that all of the world's scientists agreed on this
Link?

The Silo series (starting with Wool) shows one hypothetical man-made end, which is a plague of life-killing nanobots. That series is a real knee slapper.

That was a really good trilogy.

Stop lying. The "world's scientists" never said that global cooling caused by man would kill all life. The reason acid rain has not destroyed all forests and lakes is that we put scrubbers on all coal fired electric plants that removes the sulphur that causes acid rain. Science saved our asses with that. Sadly we cannot remove the mercury that still poisoning our children from burning coal. Science also rescued our ozone layer with the ban on ozone destroying gases. No scientists think you will die from AGW but we are putting our children's children at great risk if we don't stop digging up fossil carbon and releasing it into the air. Sadly you like many others only care about yourself and not your offspring or the future of the earth. That literally is the definition of "elite" so if you are wondering who they are just look in the mirror.

Last edited:
Stop lying. The "world's scientists" never said that global cooling caused by man would kill all life. The reason acid rain has not destroyed all forests and lakes is that we put scrubbers on all coal fired electric plants that removes the sulphur that causes acid rain. Science saved our asses with that. Sadly we cannot remove the mercury that still poisoning our children from burning coal. Science also rescued our ozone layer with the ban on ozone destroying gases. No scientists think you will die from AGW but we are putting our children's children at great risk if we don't stop digging up fossil carbon and releasing it into the air. Sadly you like many others only care about yourself and not your offspring or the future of the earth. That literally is the definition of "elite" so if you are wondering who they are just look in the mirror.
Man cannot change the climate! But it seem our hydrofluorocarbons (HFC) could and did cause a massive hole in the ozone layer over Antarctica that would have grown and wiped us out had we not caught it in time. But man cannot change the climate!

I didn't say that the world's scientists said anything. I only commented that we were told those things by the same media folks that now tell us that all of the world's scientists believe that global warming will kill us all.

Pretty much like the media told us that all of the law enforcement organizations agreed that the lies about Trump were true.

Believing the media is easy if you are young or if you haven't been paying attention,

The Noon of our part of the Universe takes ten-million years for the disk of the sun to pass the meridian, the consummation must be complete by then and then there is the question of a remnant.

It is undesirable to leave a remnant that might create discord on your flight past the central Sun.

It is so tragic to be left behind, that none are.

Sometimes we find a benevolent Universe with a remnant, or imagine one. J.C. doesn't want to appear a bad guy.

Chances are all the cycles will pass and no-one will know what kind of surf they missed, because they never go to the beach.

We could never handle the fact that we had the chance to go back to Godhead and missed it and now we got to stay in the material world forever. But don't worry, soon planets all over start going back to Godhead.

I predict that a super-magma volcanic eruption, the likes of the world has never seen before will cause the end. There's one under Yellowstone Park that would be capable of causing catastrophic results in a short period of time. The lingering effects of an atmosphere so clouded with volcanic ash that the sun disappears, would send us into an ice age of no return.

Back
Top Bottom