• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How will history see Putin ?

I’m not surprised you are melting down when faced with actual facts. Putin’s a run of the mill dictator. No more, no less. Equating him to Hitler or Stalin is downright laughable.

Nothing exists in a vacuum bud, no matter how triggered that fact makes you.

It's OK, Tiger. I'm willing to accept the presence of your Putin apologism. 🤷‍♂️

No of course its not 'new' but we can distinguish between those content to brutalize their own people, in their own borders and those who like to export their cruelty for nationalistic and grandiose purpose. People like Putin give a real nasty and sincere international twist to their 'I have a dream' speeches that less ambitious dictators don't really mean. Maybe the real difference is that run of the mill dictators are lazier and are more risk adverse than guys like Putin.

I think it’s rather more a case of some dictators not having the geographical or military advantages necessary to carry out such “adventures”. Then, of course, we come to the age old question of whether a dictatorship is really better if it sticks to brutalizing its own people within its own borders.

It depends on who's writing the history, conservatives or liberals...
I can not understand that a man who has bombed women and children can be seen differently form the viewpoint of conservatives and liberals. If yu are a conservative, please explain how you see him as commander and chief dictator of Russia.

Responsible for creating a Russia and China partnership which may grow to include other nations like India and/or Iran.
I find it interesting that none of those countries are presently giving him support for his military. China wants Russian oil and gas, but does not want to upset the wealthy nations who presently are against the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Those wealthy nations are a huge market for Chinese goods. India also has to take that in consideration when backing Russia.

Responsible for creating a Russia and China partnership which may grow to include other nations like India and/or Iran.

lol

Thanks, RT.

PUTIN is a terrorist ........the bottom line

I think he'll be viewed as a relic of the cold war who was hugely dangerous to the world order, trying to use murder to regain an empire (assuming things don't go nuclear); but I think a larger point is that the answer is based on whether he 'won'. Imagine somehow Putin because the world's dominant power- and how history would describe him then. All that absurd propaganda from him would become 'history'. There's an important lesson there - one we see with the Chinese Communist Party, and which the west can be guilty of also - the victor writing the history.

He'll probably be remembered as a murderous dictator who tried to assemble a version of the Soviet Union with him as Czar.

How will history see Putin ?​

Depends on how many wars he wins and who is doing the judging.

I recently learned that Genghis Khan is still revered in places like Mongolia and Uzbekistan. There are statues of him in the middle of the town square and on mountain tops.

mongolia.jpggenghis.jpg

He did, after all, conquer for himself the largest land empire ever in history- stretching from Mongolia and China, through the middle east and southern Russia, all the way into Eastern Europe. Pretty impressive. He also massacred about 2/3 of the entire population of all those places- basically most of the inhabited world. He would just massacre entire towns and cities- men, women, children, even their livestock.

And yet he is still revered. Why? Because he did so much "winning".

Last edited:
I can not understand that a man who has bombed women and children can be seen differently form the viewpoint of conservatives and liberals. If yu are a conservative, please explain how you see him as commander and chief dictator of Russia.
You only need to see and hear the defense of Putin by conservatives to understand how conservatives would record the history of Putin and his invasion.

Regarding their whataboutism, conservatives seem to be giving Putin a break and faulting us for prior, 'adventures', but they didn't seem to give our enemies a break and faulting us back in the day. Defending Putin is ok, not so much for Muslims.

Regarding Putin as a run of the mill dictator is laughable. Yeah, just another dictator who's a permanent member of the UN Security Council who can destroy life on earth as we know it...

I think he'll be viewed as a relic of the cold war who was hugely dangerous to the world order, trying to use murder to regain an empire (assuming things don't go nuclear); but I think a larger point is that the answer is based on whether he 'won'. Imagine somehow Putin because the world's dominant power- and how history would describe him then. All that absurd propaganda from him would become 'history'. There's an important lesson there - one we see with the Chinese Communist Party, and which the west can be guilty of also - the victor writing the history.

This is well said.

Back
Top Bottom