• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How will history judge Donald Trump as President ?

Trump created a new level in the rankings. He found the sub-basement of the sub-basement.

Indeed. With Trump, the lunatics are now subletting the asylum.

On top of that, a conman who thought he could continue the same shady business practices in US government, only to find out that its a totally different world. And he got exposed as a fraud.

In what way?

I don’t know if they will be laughed at.

I firmly believe this period of time will go down as one of the dark stains on our nation’s history. Trump will be synonymous with corruption and illegalities.

His supporters will be viewed with contempt for lacking the intellectual curiosity to inform themselves of his known corruption beforehand. And for sycophantically turning a blind eye to his multitude of corrupt, criminal actions during the campaign and once in office.

Trump and Trump supporters will be remembered by history as a cautionary tale of a conman looking for the worst, most base emotions of a certain segment of the populace, who are largely driven by fear due to a constant deluge of propaganda originating in rightwing media, and preying on this fear to usurp power and financial gain for himself, while breaking the law in doing so.

You make references to things that are not so.

Care to be specific in any way?

Last edited:
Bless your heart for believing that drivel.

History will not remember him kindly. Look already he is being linked with Nixon.

Linked with Nixon?

By whom? In what way?

As a guy who was not allowed so much as one day to prove himself on the job, as America was coming apart and as the West was dying.

Right. Trump is a victim.

:boohoo:

:violin

Trump was an unqualified success in most endeavors across a variety of disciplines before he declared his candidacy.

Then he won the nomination. ANOTHER unqualified success. Then he won the election. ANOTHER unqualified success.

The guy just keeps on winning.

You're being deceived by those that hate him. Do you wonder why everything the Never Trumpers say is unsupported by real world fact?

How many billionaires can you name who’ve had 5 bankruptcies and have to get loans from foreign banks because American ones won’t touch them?

You think he’s winning now?

We agree on one thing, Trump is unqualified.

You are out of your lane.

How so? Criticizing our government, including the president, is our duty as loyal Americans. Especially with this president.

That IS my lane. Yours seems to be defending the indefensible where Trump is concerned.

Worst president ever.

In what way?

That he's a fraud?

1 - He claimed to be the best deal maker. That turned out to be false.
2 - He claimed Mexico would pay for the wall. There has been no indication that Mexico is writing a check.
3 - He claimed that he had a better healthcare plan. Has yet to unveil that yet. And he also claimed he was going to repeal and replace ObamaCare. Still in the books.
4 - He claimed that he would put Hillary in jail on Day One. She's still out and about.
5 - He claimed he would own up to the government shutdown, but then a few days later blamed it squarely on Democrats.
6 - He instructed Michael Cohen to lie to Congress about Trump Tower meetings.
7 - He claimed he would never go on vacation or have time for golfing, yet he spent a whole heck of a lot of time swinging clubs.
8 - Heck, he even claimed he bought 300 hamberders for Clemson, then later that night claimed there were over 1000 hamberders.

I mean, the guy is a big fake. Big words, small hands, big lies.

Not really. Way too much smoke thus far. I would say this "if" has a better than 60% chance of being mostly true.

That's a hard percentage to support.

Nothing seems to be proven. Pleas are secured after torturous attack from the weaponized DOJ.

Leaks are almost always forgotten in the next week. Sentencing for anything related to the campaign is so light as to be non existent.

Does it concern you that the directive to investigate the campaign irregularities specifically directs the Mueller and his thugs to ignore anything not related to Trump?

IF there was interference by the Russians, why was the investigation not directed at the Russians?

Why were the actions of anyone not connected to Trump specifically excluded from the investigation? Why are they STILL excluded?

This is a witch hunt to get Trump- Nothing more and nothing less.

Trump noticed that American is in trouble and he stepped up at great personal sacrifice near the end of his life when he could have sat back and enjoyed his success....So No.

Have you ever heard of people wanting to leave a lasting mark on history?

It is an established fact that Trump has a huge ego and as such, his number #1 goal in life is to be known as the greatest person that ever lived on earth. Certainly being known as a "pappa's boy" that got $414 million from his father and blew it, had 6 bankruptcies and another 5 companies that failed, and known for not being in the top 100 billionaires in the world is just not good enough to feed his ego. As such, what a better way to get to his desired objective of being the best of the best than to become President of the U.S. and solve all the problems of the world.

As such, when you say "he stepped up at great personal sacrifice near the end of his life when he could have sat back and enjoyed his success" it is pure bunk. He has no desire to "enjoy his success" as money is no longer a goal in his life, especially when considering that Putin has bailed him out in the past. His goal right now is to make an indelible mark in the world and given that he only spends a small amount of time on the job and attention is on him almost every minute of the day, this to him is success.

Sadly, he is accomplishing that goal but on a negative way. He is presently considered the "worst of the worst" but I do not think that is what he wanted or had in mind.

Last edited:
Reagan is not trump. I don't expect the amount of democrats who voted for reagan will vote for trump. We'll see.

No way to tell at this point.

Hillary seemed like a shoe in at this time in 2014.

Right. Trump is a victim.

:boohoo:

:violin

Here's a guy who claimed he was going to repeal and replace ObamaCare on Day One.

So, he pushes Congress to begin the repeal process.

Doesn't happen.

Then threatens them into repealing it. Tries to bully Congress.

Congress laughs in his face.

Congress votes again, and it fails to be repealed.

He proved himself, to be a farce. He proved that the US government is not a contractor.

"Trump debuts in last place in political scientists’ “Presidential Greatness Rankings”

"...a group of more than 170 scholars from the American Political Science Association released a survey today (on Presidents’ Day, the national holiday celebrating those who have held the office), which aims to calculate the “greatness” of every US president. Trump debuted in last place..."

Of the 44 men who have served as President of the USA, Trump is rated as the worst.

Worse than Grant.
Worse than Harding and Harrison.

He is a man unfit to be President.

https://qz.com/1210855/presidents-d...l-scientists-presidential-greatness-rankings/

It is premature to ask this question.

I'm pretty sure he'll be regarded as one of the worst, if not the worst, and one completely unfit for office and who did not show the office or the Republic the respect deserved of The People.

What event or action are you citing to support your attack?

The outcomes of his actions seem to be pretty positive for All American Citizens.

Indeed. With Trump, the lunatics are now subletting the asylum.

And doing so as a part of the greatest number of Americans ever working at the same time with the highest average wage rates in the history of the Republic.

Can you imagine? More jobs with higher wages? My God! Trump is horrible!

That he's a fraud?

1 - He claimed to be the best deal maker. That turned out to be false.
2 - He claimed Mexico would pay for the wall. There has been no indication that Mexico is writing a check.
3 - He claimed that he had a better healthcare plan. Has yet to unveil that yet. And he also claimed he was going to repeal and replace ObamaCare. Still in the books.
4 - He claimed that he would put Hillary in jail on Day One. She's still out and about.
5 - He claimed he would own up to the government shutdown, but then a few days later blamed it squarely on Democrats.
6 - He instructed Michael Cohen to lie to Congress about Trump Tower meetings.
7 - He claimed he would never go on vacation or have time for golfing, yet he spent a whole heck of a lot of time swinging clubs.
8 - Heck, he even claimed he bought 300 hamberders for Clemson, then later that night claimed there were over 1000 hamberders.

I mean, the guy is a big fake. Big words, small hands, big lies.

You forgot to mention that he would get the "best" people to fill his cabinet and all the other posts and not only has he had the worst turnover ever, the most people accused of corruption and criminal actions, but the highest non-interest in working with him ever seen. In addition, just a few days ago it was stated that there are over 770 positions that need to be filled in the government and less than 250 have been filled, meaning that the government does not have has enough to run the government efficiently.

I don’t know if they will be laughed at.

I firmly believe this period of time will go down as one of the dark stains on our nation’s history. Trump will be synonymous with corruption and illegalities.

His supporters will be viewed with contempt for lacking the intellectual curiosity to inform themselves of his known corruption beforehand. And for sycophantically turning a blind eye to his multitude of corrupt, criminal actions during the campaign and once in office.

Trump and Trump supporters will be remembered by history as a cautionary tale of a conman looking for the worst, most base emotions of a certain segment of the populace, who are largely driven by fear due to a constant deluge of propaganda originating in rightwing media, and preying on this fear to usurp power and financial gain for himself, while breaking the law in doing so.

I think the entire Republican party will (and should) be tarnished with the Trump stain. They have enabled him, defended him, and ignored his unfitness all in the name of a tax break for the rich and a rubber stamp for ultra conservative justices, not just in the Supreme Court but in federal courts all over the country.

Recovering from Trump will be a long and arduous ordeal.

It is premature to ask this question.

From what I have seen, all the good that this Presidency was going to accomplish (tax cuts, deregulation) have been accomplished and the other things that he was supposed to accomplish (better health care, immigration reform, and fair trade) have gone south given that health care is now worse, immigration reform is not going anywhere and fair trade is now costing our people big time (more than before). I do not see anything else that can be considered good happening in the next two years, and I do see things getting worse (especially with the Government shutdown), meaning that at the end of his Presidency I would not be surprised to see him rated lower not only to U.S. Presidents but to world leaders including Dictators.

How many billionaires can you name who’ve had 5 bankruptcies and have to get loans from foreign banks because American ones won’t touch them?

You think he’s winning now?

We agree on one thing, Trump is unqualified.

Trump has had a variety of business pursuits. The thing about people who do things is that they do things.

I think it was Vince Lombardi who said something like: It's not if you get knocked down. It's if you get back up.

Obviously, this guy just keeps getting back up. He is a living, breathing example of the power of perseverance.

Obama: To correct this you'd need a magic wand. Trump: We're going to bring back manufacturing jobs.

Actual outcome?

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/heres-why-manufacturing-jobs-growth-has-been-so-strong-2018-08-03
<snip>
Employers created 37,000 new manufacturing jobs in July, the Labor Department said Friday, the strongest gain since December and the third straight month in which factory job growth accelerated.

The July numbers may have been nudged upward a bit by vagaries in the data due to annual auto plant shutdowns, but the trend has been firm for the past year and a half. The 327,000 new jobs over the last year represent the best 12-month stretch in 23 years.
<snip>

Back
Top Bottom