• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How will Hillary Clinton's Presidency differ from Obama?

thinkforyoursel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Let's face it America is ready for it's first female leader and nobody brings better resume than Hillary.
She will have to face an election ...but you can trust the minority right wing to loose this one again.

Will she change Obama care or scrap it?
How would she handle issue like Snowden treason in the future?
Know as a hawk herself ...would she meddle more into conflicts like Syria, or Egypt

How will she deal with jobs, the ever growing dominance of China?

I think like most presidency ...next year this time Obama is done and just in a lame duck mode
It will be interesting to watch the Clinton machine in full gear by then....as she works to lay the Benghazi issue to rest ...and start burying the right-wing on the women issues.

Hillary Clinton's presidency will differ from Obama's in that Obama's presidency will have existed and Hillary's presidency will not have existed.

Hillary Clinton's presidency will differ from Obama's in that Obama's presidency will have existed and Hillary's presidency will not have existed.

Heard this argument 2008....and again in 2012.....remember?
The sun is set on the white-male only party dude.....I said this over and over again....DEMS always vote for their own self interest.

They don't vote out of hate or anger...and in todays internet age there is no-where to run...no more tricks to play to try and disguise the right wing party.

one can only wince thinking of how her shrieking will sound during her state of the union messages.....

One of the biggest mistakes Obama made in his Presidency ...a mistake he failed to correct even today...is trying to appease the right.
Part of the do-nothing-congress ...is borne out of Obama's attempt to appease the right....the harder he tries ...the more stubborn they get.

This is one way many DEMS believe Hillary would differ.

All I know is when she screws up, she'll say "what difference does it make". We have a "I know nothing" president now and then we'll have a "what difference does it make" president.

It seems to me a bit premature to start talking about President Hillary Clinton.

Anyway, I'm predicting a Republican president in 2016.

What helped Obama get elected, despite his lack of credentials for the job, was that he was the most credible Notbush running. I'd be willing to bet that a Notobama will win next time around for much t he same reason.

Of course, that prediction could be wrong, as we still have three years before the election. It's a bit like a weather forecast that's three weeks in the future, a little iffy.

Now, if only the Republicans nominate someone like Romney (not him, as he won't run again, just someone who is centrist, sane, experienced, and willing to work with the Democrats) then the country just might benefit this time around.

The difference is that, under O I'm a racist, and under Hillary I'd be a misogynist.

All I know is when she screws up, she'll say "what difference does it make". We have a "I know nothing" president now and then we'll have a "what difference does it make" president.

If the GOP can't get rid of Obamacare and our nation is dumb enough to elect her (it is, it elected her husband twice and Obama twice) she would have a point if she said that.

Let's face it America is ready for it's first female leader

The U.S. has millions of female leaders and has for decades.

She will have to face an election ...but you can trust the minority right wing to loose this one again.

Oh you mean President. Why does the president need to be female? Why are gender and race liberal prerequisites so often?

Partisans are so wrapped up in who the President is that it's not even worth talking to them.

/think for yourself

She'll have to use the ladies room instead of the mens. She won't appoint herself Secretary Of State. Nobody will accuse her of being Kenyan.

Just trying to help.

It seems to me a bit premature to start talking about President Hillary Clinton.

Anyway, I'm predicting a Republican president in 2016.

What helped Obama get elected, despite his lack of credentials for the job, was that he was the most credible Notbush running. I'd be willing to bet that a Notobama will win next time around for much t he same reason.

Of course, that prediction could be wrong, as we still have three years before the election. It's a bit like a weather forecast that's three weeks in the future, a little iffy.

Now, if only the Republicans nominate someone like Romney (not him, as he won't run again, just someone who is centrist, sane, experienced, and willing to work with the Democrats) then the country just might benefit this time around.

The "not-bush"....not-Obama argument is a good point. But I think Hillary can garner some of the "not Obama" wind in her sails as well. Remember she took Obama down to the wire in the primaries and many supporters were so disappointed that they were being recruited by the right.

Those people will be there saying....she never was Obama ..and that's why they supported her in the Primaries.

Also, "Not-Bush" ...after the devastating Iraq war ...and an economy in the tank .....will be far worse that what a "Not-Obama" will mean to people who aren't on the right-wing fringe.

You can say Hillary voted for the Iraq war all you want ....but everybody charge that fiasco to bush ...and the people who want to re-label themselves Tea party today.

It will not exis where as obamas did.

hillary's probably the least likely to win the presidency in 08,at best probably the primary.

people forget in 08many republicans were screaming that if the democrats wanted to win,they had to elect hillary.but think about it,who helps their enemy???they wanted hillary because she had been in politics so long,and has more skeletons in her closet than most politicians.

the democrats screamed in 2012 that romney had to win the primary or republicans couldnt win,of course democrats wanted remney because he was the most bland and easily defeatable.

end of story hillary has too much dirt,and too much past on her own,without even bringing up bill,obama won because he had virtually no record to attack,while clinton had miles of it.come 2016 the only chance hillary would have is if everyone suffered amnesia and republicans somehow refused to use her past to attack her.

hillary's probably the least likely to win the presidency in 08,at best probably the primary.

people forget in 08many republicans were screaming that if the democrats wanted to win,they had to elect hillary.but think about it,who helps their enemy???they wanted hillary because she had been in politics so long,and has more skeletons in her closet than most politicians.

the democrats screamed in 2012 that romney had to win the primary or republicans couldnt win,of course democrats wanted remney because he was the most bland and easily defeatable.

end of story hillary has too much dirt,and too much past on her own,without even bringing up bill,obama won because he had virtually no record to attack,while clinton had miles of it.come 2016 the only chance hillary would have is if everyone suffered amnesia and republicans somehow refused to use her past to attack her.

There are republican women ....who would like to woman president themselves ....you can't put a price on the value of her gender in an election. But it's not just a shell.....she have the credentials ...she have been around and knows how the system works.
Also.....this dirt you claim they have on her is garbage. It's all hype coming from the right ....that will prove to be garbage in the eyes of many.

Remember ...the right had ..."Obama-Care" outrage going for them last year .... and they froth and hissed and foamed about it...and today Obama is still President!!

Understand Bill Clinton isn't bush ....bush destruction of the American economy cannot be repaired ....people have placed in perspective today ...Bill Clinton's "evil" sin back in the 90's. Remember his ..."evil deed" ...with Lewinsky ....nobody cares about that today!!

But you know what they will remember ...how the economy was roaring during the 90's......that's what they will remember!!

There are republican women ....who would like to woman president themselves ....you can't put a price on the value of her gender in an election. But it's not just a shell.....she have the credentials ...she have been around and knows how the system works.
Also.....this dirt you claim they have on her is garbage. It's all hype coming from the right ....that will prove to be garbage in the eyes of many.

Remember ...the right had ..."Obama-Care" outrage going for them last year .... and they froth and hissed and foamed about it...and today Obama is still President!!

Understand Bill Clinton isn't bush ....bush destruction of the American economy cannot be repaired ....people have placed in perspective today ...Bill Clinton's "evil" sin back in the 90's. Remember his ..."evil deed" ...with Lewinsky ....nobody cares about that today!!

But you know what they will remember ...how the economy was roaring during the 90's......that's what they will remember!!

the dirt i claim she has isnt right wing garbage,she has been under the spotlight for over 20 years,she has more scandal to exploit than more current politicians.that is quite simply fact.

the longer you play the game,the more dirt you have for the opposition to use.besides her own dirt,bill has alot of his own,meaning she would easily lose so long as anyone actually bothered to dig up her past.

Oh you mean President. Why does the president need to be female? Why are gender and race liberal prerequisites so often?

It is perfectly in line with the far wrong philosophy that values symbolism over substance.

In 2008, the two top contenders for the Democratic nomination were there, not because of anything that actually had any vestige of qualification for the job, but because one was black, and one was female.

It's not very far removed from the standard far wrong principle of putting forth policies to “do something” about a problem, even when it is obvious that the policy being put forth will do nothing to mitigate the problem, and might even make it worse; and for condemning those of us on the far right for opposing such policies. They think it's more important to “do something about a problem” than to actually solve the problem, or even to avoid making it worse.

In the same way, they think it's better to elect a black President, or a woman President; than to elect a competent, qualified President.

the dirt i claim she has isnt right wing garbage,she has been under the spotlight for over 20 years,she has more scandal to exploit than more current politicians.that is quite simply fact.

the longer you play the game,the more dirt you have for the opposition to use.besides her own dirt,bill has alot of his own,meaning she would easily lose so long as anyone actually bothered to dig up her past.

OK...I can see where her being around for 2 decades can be an issue. However ...I think this economy under Obama will languish, and I truly feel there isn't much Obama could have done about it. The world economy is struggling and the reality is ....we no longer live in a vacuum.

People under those circumstances will be more inclined to elect somebody with experience to get us out of this slump.

OK...I can see where her being around for 2 decades can be an issue. However ...I think this economy under Obama will languish, and I truly feel there isn't much Obama could have done about it. The world economy is struggling and the reality is ....we no longer live in a vacuum.

People under those circumstances will be more inclined to elect somebody with experience to get us out of this slump.

obamas economy hasnt been satisfactory,hillary has too much dirt,and natural cycles favor a republican winning reguardless of conditions,as people get tired of the same party after 8 years.

It is perfectly in line with the far wrong philosophy that values symbolism over substance.

In 2008, the two top contenders for the Democratic nomination were there, not because of anything that actually had any vestige of qualification for the job, but because one was black, and one was female.

It's not very far removed from the standard far wrong principle of putting forth policies to “do something” about a problem, even when it is obvious that the policy being put forth will do nothing to mitigate the problem, and might even make it worse; and for condemning those of us on the far right for opposing such policies. They think it's more important to “do something about a problem” than to actually solve the problem, or even to avoid making it worse.

In the same way, they think it's better to elect a black President, or a woman President; than to elect a competent, qualified President.

Personally, many democrats don't see Obama as being a bad President.....he has accomplished many things thus far ..only you wouldn't know that in the faux bubble.
The one thing people wanted to see was a better recovery of the economy ....for the middle class.
Yes that's big ...and for some all that matters ....however Obama inherited a mess ...and he had a congress fighting to keep it a mess. Many see that plain and simple ...for example having the country credit rating tank was a completely avoidable event ...score one for the TEA PURTY! Ask many Gays what they think about Obama ....and they'll tell you....and if he gets the immigration issue through (even though I'm against it) ....ask the Latinos. See...republicans will claim they support those efforts....but l people understand if they were in power it would not happen. Much the way people tag bush with the Iraq war and not the democrats who supported it because ...the truth is Bush forced us into that war ....you argue technicalities ....but that only work on the right.

Maybe being black or female is symbolism .....but the truth is ...when you have had nobody but old white male at this position all your life ...without exception ...I personally don't think factoring in this difference is a bad reason for voting.

The "not-bush"....not-Obama argument is a good point. But I think Hillary can garner some of the "not Obama" wind in her sails as well. Remember she took Obama down to the wire in the primaries and many supporters were so disappointed that they were being recruited by the right.

Those people will be there saying....she never was Obama ..and that's why they supported her in the Primaries.

Also, "Not-Bush" ...after the devastating Iraq war ...and an economy in the tank .....will be far worse that what a "Not-Obama" will mean to people who aren't on the right-wing fringe.

You can say Hillary voted for the Iraq war all you want ....but everybody charge that fiasco to bush ...and the people who want to re-label themselves Tea party today.

Hillary did vote for the Iraqi war, but I expect the voters will have forgotten that by the election.

Hillary could actually make a decent president, but I'm not betting on her getting elected in '16. I think the Republicans have abetter than even chance of winning, especially if they pick the right candidate.

If they pick someone like Bachman or Perry, then no, they're not going to win.

Hillary did vote for the Iraqi war, but I expect the voters will have forgotten that by the election.

Hillary could actually make a decent president, but I'm not betting on her getting elected in '16. I think the Republicans have abetter than even chance of winning, especially if they pick the right candidate.

If they pick someone like Bachman or Perry, then no, they're not going to win.

Her vote for the Iraq war may have mattered in '08...in a primary...the truth is ..Bush and the Tea Party own the Iraq war.

People clearly understand ...without Bush/Cheney in the WH plus the Tea Party support ..we wouldn't have ended up in Iraq.....that's the verdict.

Republicans will argue meaning less technicalities ...all day about this ...but nobody is fooled ...Bush rammed the country into Iraq ...end of story.

Her vote for the Iraq war may have mattered in '08...in a primary...the truth is ..Bush and the Tea Party own the Iraq war.

People clearly understand ...without Bush/Cheney in the WH plus the Tea Party support ..we wouldn't have ended up in Iraq.....that's the verdict.

Republicans will argue meaning less technicalities ...all day about this ...but nobody is fooled ...Bush rammed the country into Iraq ...end of story.

Yes, he did, with the encouragement of Cheney, Wolfowitz, and Rumsfeld, PNAC members all. Congress did authorize it, however, and Republicans won't let the voters forget it.

Oh yeah I almost forgot about "the Gran Right Wing Conspiricy"

Back
Top Bottom