• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#7426]How will Brexit go?***W:46]***

How will Brexit go?

• Total voters
Because it disproves your hope that Brexit is bad for the U.K. ...we’re already doing far better with the vaccine roll out and if it wasn’t for the over the top reaction to Covid I’m sure the economy would be buoyant ...remainers love the over the top Covid reaction btw.

Brexit is bad for the UK and you and your cohorts have yet to give one example of it being good for the economy or people.

As for this article. Airbus is partly British owned soo, maybe that is why he came with this statement? Plus it is in the interest of the British government to stay in Airbus which is why it seems this area of trade was something they negotiated on....

Johnson's Brexit deal put a border between Northern Ireland and the British mainland, straining the Good Friday Agreement, literally stoking the fires of the Protestant extremists. The third consecutive night. No shooting yet, but rocks and petrol bombs against the police.

Brexit is bad for the UK and you and your cohorts have yet to give one example of it being good for the economy or people.

As for this article. Airbus is partly British owned soo, maybe that is why he came with this statement? Plus it is in the interest of the British government to stay in Airbus which is why it seems this area of trade was something they negotiated on....
I haven’t heard anyone say how awful Brexit is ...other than here or if I accidentally glance at the guardian...in the real world people have moved on.

The EU is post democratic, and from looking at your vaccine roll out , run like a really bad committee of people who lack ideas and are out of their depth.

Johnson's Brexit deal put a border between Northern Ireland and the British mainland, straining the Good Friday Agreement, literally stoking the fires of the Protestant extremists. The third consecutive night. No shooting yet, but rocks and petrol bombs against the police.

You leftists are always bang up for appeasing terrorists...most normal people know that they are a small minority that you should never suck up to. Your argument basically amounts to staying in the EU to not upset terrorists...pathetic.

I haven’t heard anyone say how awful Brexit is ...other than here or if I accidentally glance at the guardian...in the real world people have moved on.

It is called living in a bubble... you should get out more and not only talk to your "friends" on the far right.

The EU is post democratic, and from looking at your vaccine roll out , run like a really bad committee of people who lack ideas and are out of their depth.

What on earth does "Post democratic" even mean? You do understand the EU is far more democratic than the UK is right? And the EU has nothing to do with the vaccine roll out.....procurement sure, but getting jabs into people... nothing.

The sour and bitter Remainers should stop living in misery and be more positive.

Daniel Lacalle is a Spaniard who is a very respected source of information on the EU :

"The first thing we must be is intellectually honest and recognize that the estimates of an economic debacle post-referendum never happened"

"According to Capital Economics and Open Europe, the cost to the UK of the 100 most expensive rules and regulations of the European Union is 33 billion pounds a year. Excessive bureaucracy and high taxes have limited potential growth and investment in Europe, particularly in the past eight years."

"The European Union should take the initiative and begin to reduce the bureaucratic web it has built, as this cost will be a problem for many countries."

Eh, the only right wing Spaniard (probably the only right wing politician full stop) whose opinion I'd respect would be that of Alejo Vidal-Quadras and the one statement of his on Brexit I can find is the fairly unarguable "Brexit has deeply divided Europe and will be a crack which is difficult to repair".

Eh, the only right wing Spaniard (probably the only right wing politician full stop) whose opinion I'd respect would be that of Alejo Vidal-Quadras and the one statement of his on Brexit I can find is the fairly unarguable "Brexit has deeply divided Europe and will be a crack which is difficult to repair".

Nice to see a two line post and surprisingly its one I agree with.

Brexit has divided Europe.

But the consequences of the UK staying in the EU, and the consequent mass immigration from Eastern Europe alone, justified Brexit.

The UK now decides who lives and works there. Immigration from the EU is substantially down and has been replaced mainly by students (who are not really immigrants but because of the length of their stay are often classified as such, who bring in capital) and immigrants whose skills are needed and who meet the new points system criteria for immigrants.

The UK has also escaped the ever increasing bureaucracy and power grabbing by the EU, which may (Heaven forbid!), eventually result in the formation of an EU army. Decades ago, The UK joined a mainly trading arrangement with a few other European nations and was, until recently, part of a dysfunctional conglomerate of dozens of European nations all with different ideals, cultures and political agendas.

And the EU has nothing to do with the vaccine roll out.....procurement sure, but getting jabs into people... nothing.

Wow! You still haven't heard that the problem is not jabbing people but inefficient procurement and distribution?

Almost every EU nation has criticised the EU for its chaotic "vaccine rollout". Yet again you seem to be the only one in the army that's marching out of step whilst claiming it's all the others that are at fault.

You do miss a lot, but that's a massive gap.

"The World Health Organization has criticized the speed of the COVID-19 vaccine rollout in Europe"

Last edited:
Only reason to use a robot voice, is because the person cant speak English or would be exposed by an accent.

So because of that you have concluded it must be a "Russian bot"?

How utterly ridiculous....and a poor reflection on your "opinions".

There must be thousands of You Tube contributors who prefer to use a computer generated voice.

all they are doing is quoting a Daily Express article

Rubbish!

They are quoting what Barry Deas chief executive of the National Federation of Fishermen’s Organisation, has said to the Daily Express.

If Deas had been misquoted, I am sure we would have heard by now....the Guardian would have been on to it like a flash.

No, why should I be?

Er, because for years now on this thread you've been attempting to deny anything positive happening in the UK.

Can you refer to one of your hundreds of posts that shows me to be wrong?

Wow! You still haven't heard that the problem is not jabbing people but inefficient procurement and distribution?

Almost every EU nation has criticised the EU for its chaotic "vaccine rollout". Yet again you seem to be the only one in the army that's marching out of step whilst claiming it's all the others that are at fault.

You do miss a lot, but that's a massive gap.

"The World Health Organization has criticized the speed of the COVID-19 vaccine rollout in Europe"

As long as you dont understand the basics of economics and contractual law.. then there is no real hope in you. A country can not roll out a vaccine that has not been delivered. That delivery is the job of the producer, not the buyer and when the producer does not deliver, how on EARTH can it be the fault of the buyer?

EU countries are jabbing 3 million people a day at the moment, and have the capacity to do far more.. but the vaccine companies are not delivering fast enough, if at all.

Er, because for years now on this thread you've been attempting to deny anything positive happening in the UK.

Can you refer to one of your hundreds of posts that shows me to be wrong?

Show me something positive then. Something that we can quantify and record..

Rubbish!

They are quoting what Barry Deas chief executive of the National Federation of Fishermen’s Organisation, has said to the Daily Express.

If Deas had been misquoted, I am sure we would have heard by now....the Guardian would have been on to it like a flash.

Yes and he has also said.. according to the Daily Express, the TOTAL OPPOSITE! Why the hell do you ignore these facts?

Boris Johnson describing the deal he eventually enthusiastically signed up to, in less than glowing terms. "Britain Trump" indeed!

The view from Germany.

Ex-TAqkWgAUy2Ay

Yes and he has also said.. according to the Daily Express, the TOTAL OPPOSITE! Why the hell do you ignore these facts?

Why do you ignore the fact that what he has said in the Daily Express was some time ago?

If he has expressed something different recently, then please link to it. Flapping gums mean nothing here.

The man was against Brexit, but this Remainer, unlike many here on this website, is honest enough to now admit that Brexit has benefited his industry.

Show me something positive then. Something that we can quantify and record..

I have given you lists of the positive benefits of Brexit.

But, yet again, you are being devious here, as my request did not mention Brexit at all (as I'm sure you know)....what I said was :

"for years now on this thread you've been attempting to deny anything positive happening in the UK.

Can you refer to one of your hundreds of posts that shows me to be wrong?"

As long as you dont understand the basics of economics and contractual law..

Er, I studied both subjects at university. Your problem is that you are furiously ducking and diving pathetically trying to avoid having to admit what everyone else in the EU is admitting ie. that the vaccine rollout by the EU has been chaotic and inefficient.

Whilst the EU dithered, the UK was placing orders. In some cases a full THEE MONTHS before the EU.....so don't whine about suppliers not delivering. It's a really weak excuse and just makes you look silly and ignorant. Suppliers will first service those who have ordered first. Or are you really so ignorant of how business works?

You would rather flap your gums in an attempt to deny facts. Why not actually be big enough to admit that your precious EU has been a disaster when it comes to the vaccine rollout. Respected and educated sources like this one will help you understand, if you still don't get it :

"The European Union has been criticized for the slow pace of its Covid-19 vaccine rollout: from the delayed approval of shots, to supply issues and more recently, the suspension of the AstraZeneca vaccine."

The Euroweeklynews is not Spanish.. run by a Brit in Spain.

It's actually owned by a British couple who have lived in Spain for 25 years. It reports on mainly Spanish and world news and is aimed at English speakers living in Spain. I find it a very useful source of info on the latest happenings at two of my favourite soccer clubs, Real Madrid and Barcelona.

The newspaper has won Spanish media awards.

For you now to claim that the paper is not Spanish when it is owned by people that have resided in Spain for more than two decades, is printed in Spain and aimed at an audience in Spain.....is simply ridiculous.....and reminds me of those racists in your home country of Denmark who believe that immigrants can never be Danish. It's a disgusting comment.

The view from Germany :

"The paper acknowledged Britain's heroic efforts in the procurement and deployment of coronavirus vaccines. It explained: "The successful vaccination campaign makes it possible. "Most recently, the British inoculated around 360,000 units per day (Germany: 140,000). "A total of 17.7 million British people have already received at least one vaccination (Germany 3.4 million)."

Brexit in Northern Ireland, wrecks the Good Friday Agreement. Shaping up for the sixth night.

EycT-sLWUAQJwii

"German MEP warns that Britain may not be the last country to leave the EU"

"EU trying to cover up ‘poorly prepared’ negotiations by keeping vaccines in Europe"

"Kerkhoff Consulting’s Dr Thorsten Schmidt says the European Union is trying to cover up “poorly prepared” negotiations by attempting to keep vaccine supplies within Europe. “In general the negotiation was poorly prepared and done from the EU itself," he said. "They did not use the negotiation strength and power they could have utilised to make sure that they have excess ... of the vaccine. “We have now the dilemma that now the politicians are trying to cover up their former mistakes of poor preparation and negotiation by trying to develop a protective model to keep the vaccine in the European countries, from my point of view,”

Back
Top Bottom