• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#7426]How will Brexit go?***W:46]***

How will Brexit go?

• Total voters
Is that why you both smartly spell the hip and humorous way for "foreigners" differently?

Do please continue stooping to childish mocking posts - it highlights a lot.

Honestly? Foreigners is one of the words I ALWAYS misspell. Same with necessary ... shit did it right then. Oh well..

Lol, you do realize 'English marmalade' is made with a specific variety of Spanish orange?! I guess your supply won't dry up, ahem. I actually prefer it made with Clementines.

Why are you constantly turning this into an "us and them" thing?

So what if the marmalade uses Spanish oranges, the UK will still continue to buy them from Spain.

Or am I missing more sarcasm here - as it's all very confusing at times.

The thing with us Brits is that we have a long history of importing stuff and making them better....look at spag Bol as an example...
If infantilizing a foodstuff by dropping most of the syllables from its name is your idea of making something better.

If infantilizing a foodstuff by dropping most of the syllables from its name is your idea of making something better.
You take food as seriously as you like...bit pompous , but carry on lol.

You take food as seriously as you like...bit pompous , but carry on lol.

Just trying to work out what you're banging on about. How exactly has 'spag bol' been 'improved' by the Brits?

Just trying to work out what you're banging on about. How exactly has 'spag bol' been 'improved' by the Brits?
Well for starters the Italians only have poor facsimiles of the great spag Bol...I’ve had similar out there but never as good...they even use lengths of flat pasta rather than the proper round British spaghetti....

Well for starters the Italians only have poor facsimiles of the great spag Bol...I’ve had similar out there but never as good...they even use lengths of flat pasta rather than the proper round British spaghetti....
Lol, pretty funny for a parody account

LOL comparing Dailmer, BMW or most other manufacturers and Aston Martin is hilarious.
Er, maybe you haven't cottoned on yet, but they all manufacture motor vehicles.

Yea, in INDIA.. Land Rovers made in India...
Lol! You claimed Jags were built in India. Yet again you are factually incorrect as they're all made in the UK. You really need to read up before you post.

The EU (outside the UK) is actually Jags largest market, followed by the UK and North America. Indian sales are way behind, but growing.(Statista.com)

So what? Still not owned by Brits.
Sigh! Many different nationalities have ownership.....just like Mercedes, BMW, Ford and most other motor manufacturers.

Why not Google "Listed companies" and learn something about multi-national quoted companies.

The point is that Jag are made totally in the UK (contrary to your false claim) and LR are made in a number of different countries including the UK.

If you had 51% then yes.
Sigh! 51% gives you partial ownership...just as 1% does. 50% allows you to control many decisions. 75% is needed for other more important ones.
I feel like a teacher in Econ 101 lecturing a student who hasn't done his homework.

I think it's great that Tata have the most shares, India have long had close ties with Britain.

It is not a vote of confidence to buy extra shares in a UK based company with a well known brand name.

I am genuinely amazed that even you would make such an illogical and nonsensical statement. So paying millions of pounds for a greater share in a company is not showing confidence in that company? In what world do you live? Surely not the one inhabited by intelligent businessmen.

Not belittling anything.

The child in me wants to cut and paste the HAHA's again. You have been attempting to belittle the UK for weeks now. Every single time you have ended up with egg on your face. Why not move on and accept that the UK is leaving the EU? There is really no need for all your bitterness and angst. The EU will survive. It will be a little weaker without its most influential member and without British economic support but on the positive side it will not have to deal with Farage and other British MEP's who were continually ridiculing the EU.

The pathetic belittling is pretty much all I have read on here from those who either wish to remain in the EU, or the many others in this thread who don't even have a dog in the fight (which I find rather odd).

It really is odd.

Some possible reasons :

1) The EU will obviously be worse off both economically and influentially by losing the UK. The UK is rated as the third most influential nation in the world and is one of the greatest financial contributors to EU coffers.

2) EU citizens will not have the access to the UK that they previously enjoyed.

3) The EU will have to deal with the current "refugee" issue all by their little selves in future.

4) A sense of ongoing embarrassment and lack of self esteem caused by the dependence on the English speaking world (together with Russia) to free a great part of Europe from European fascists.

5) Envy and jealousy over the economic success of the English speaking world.

6) English being so prominent in the world that Europeans very often converse in the language between themselves......as do people of different nations from all over the world.

7) The two biggest European nations are both guilty of invading Russia. The second invasion, by Germany, being the worst atrocity ever committed by mankind in terms of the loss of life inflicted on the victim. There is surely some lingering sense of shame over this. Britain was prominent on the winning side in defeating both nations that invaded Russia and helped put an end to their power grabs.

The reason is certainly NOT because these whinger's want what is best for the UK.

It really is odd.

Some possible reasons :

1) The EU will obviously be worse off both economically and influentially by losing the UK. The UK is rated as the third most influential nation in the world and is one of the greatest financial contributors to EU coffers.

3) The EU will have to deal with the current "refugee" issue all by their little selves in future.

4) A sense of ongoing embarrassment and lack of self esteem caused by the dependence on the English speaking world (together with Russia) to free a great part of Europe from European fascists.

6) English being so prominent in the world that Europeans very often converse in the language between themselves......as do people of different nations from all over the world.

7) The two biggest European nations are both guilty of invading Russia. The second invasion, by Germany, being the worst atrocity ever committed by mankind in terms of the loss of life inflicted on the victim. There is surely some lingering sense of shame over this. Britain was prominent on the winning side in defeating both nations that invaded Russia and helped put an end to their power grabs.

The reason is certainly NOT because these whinger's want what is best for the UK.

The parody accounts are on a roll. Nice one @Westphalian

The parody accounts are on a roll. Nice one @Westphalian

27,000,000 Russians died after the invasion of Russia.

Many times more than the Thirty Years war which was ended by the Treaty of Westphalia.

Mainland Europeans involved in both these two massive blots on the history of mankind.

Thanks for pointing that out.

BTW : Discussion and debate is a good thing.

'Flemish will have a say!' EU warned more states to follow UK as Brexit shows price of EU

"Addressing MEPs in the European Parliament, Mr Beck claimed the UK has shown flexibility during the Brexit negotiations, only to be met by Angela Merkel and Ursula von der Leyen's failure to compromise"

Lol, pretty funny for a parody account
I’ve found that leftist, or so called liberals, literally have no sense of humour ...whereas conservatives can generally have a laugh ...including at themselves. It shows which side is the most realistic and grounded...and it ain’t your side.

It really is odd.

Some possible reasons :

I think the key thing is that it is leftist, social democratic types, that despise the fact that the naturally conservative U.K. has broken out of the EU web. The EU is social democratic in nature...the nationalists and conservative are sidelined by it....that’s why liberals/social democrats/ leftist of the world like the EU project....and generally despise the US.

Er, maybe you haven't cottoned on yet, but they all manufacture motor vehicles.

Yea... one makes millions and the other 2500... sure great comparison.

Lol! You claimed Jags were built in India. Yet again you are factually incorrect as they're all made in the UK. You really need to read up before you post.

Nope, show me where I said Jags were built in India?

The EU (outside the UK) is actually Jags largest market, followed by the UK and North America. Indian sales are way behind, but growing.(Statista.com)

And so what? If you buy a Jag, you have money.. it is a luxury car. 10% price increase wont matter.

Sigh! Many different nationalities have ownership.....just like Mercedes, BMW, Ford and most other motor manufacturers.

Why not Google "Listed companies" and learn something about multi-national quoted companies.

Yes maybe you should do that... maybe you will realize that Dailmer Benz.. it is not called Mercedes, that is a brand... is majority owned by Germans. Just as Ford is majority owned by Americans..

The point is that Jag are made totally in the UK (contrary to your false claim) and LR are made in a number of different countries including the UK.

I did not make that claim and you know it.

Sigh! 51% gives you partial ownership...just as 1% does. 50% allows you to control many decisions. 75% is needed for other more important ones.
I feel like a teacher in Econ 101 lecturing a student who hasn't done his homework.

LOL in what world does 51% give you partial ownership? Seriously you need your schooling money back.

I think it's great that Tata have the most shares, India have long had close ties with Britain.

They have ALL the shares..

I am genuinely amazed that even you would make such an illogical and nonsensical statement. So paying millions of pounds for a greater share in a company is not showing confidence in that company? In what world do you live? Surely not the one inhabited by intelligent businessmen.

It is not illogical and nonsensical. Yes it is an investment into a luxury brand by a major player...why? Confidence in the brand that has been failing for years? Sure you can say that, but it is also an investment in the brand it self and considering the failing nature of Aston Martin, it is also a great point for a full takeover.

The child in me wants to cut and paste the HAHA's again. You have been attempting to belittle the UK for weeks now. Every single time you have ended up with egg on your face. Why not move on and accept that the UK is leaving the EU? There is really no need for all your bitterness and angst. The EU will survive. It will be a little weaker without its most influential member and without British economic support but on the positive side it will not have to deal with Farage and other British MEP's who were continually ridiculing the EU.

Only child here is the one in denial about the consequences of this divorce. I have always stated that yes this will hurt the EU, but it will hurt the UK more. You are in denial of any hardships the UK will endure or so it seems, and believe that everything is rosy and the UK will be better off immediately after leaving.

It really is odd.

Some possible reasons :

This statement shows how little you actually know about the EU and influence world wide. UK influence has been due to its former Empire status.. that is gone, and its links to the EU are gone. Hence its influence is on its way down. As for the "greatest financial contributors" to the EU coffers.. context matters there no?

As will UK citizens around the world.

Again shows a lack of knowledge about the EU. Each country defines their own refugee and immigration laws. The EU has for decades wanted to change that, but certain nations (yes the UK) have stood against such changes.

Eh? This some sort of convoluted way of bringing WW2 up? Funny enough the current UK government supports the "European fascists"... sad but true.

LOL what? Yea no arrogance here at all...

Eh? What does this have to do with the UK leaving the EU? 300 years ago, French was the dominate language along with Spanish. Before that Latin.. things change. But what does it have to do with the UK leaving the EU?

You do know the UK has invaded Russia twice right?

show me where I said Jags were built in India.

Your wish is my command. I refer to your previous post regarding Jaguar :

"That it has returned to profitability is because it is selling more in India... cars made in India."

I did not make that claim and you know it.

Lol! You claimed that Jag has returned to profitability because "it is selling more in India... cars made in India."

So you certainly did make that claim.

LOL in what world does 51% give you partial ownership?

In the world we call planet earth, sunshine.

I realise that English is not your first language so I will be patient and help you. The definition of "partial" is : "existing only in part; incomplete."

Now ask yourself if 51% is part of 100%...... or not.

Got it now?

it is an investment into a luxury brand by a major player..
You admit that (because you are in a corner and can't deny it) so why then do you make the totally absurd claim that investing in a profitable British luxury brand is somehow not a vote of confidence in that brand and that investing a large sum in the UK is not a vote of confidence in the UK post Brexit? You make no sense at all. I can only assume that your bitterness over the UK leaving the EU is clouding your ability to think straight.

You are in denial of any hardships the UK will endure or so it seems, and believe that everything is rosy and the UK will be better off immediately after leaving.

I have made it quite clear in previous posts, which I will quote if you want me to, that I believe the UK will suffer teething problems whilst adjusting to life outside the EU.

But I have also pointed out that the EU based OECD has predicted a better 2020/21 for the UK than the EU. They obviously believe the UK will suffer far less than I do. I hope they are right and that I am wrong.

I’ve found that leftist, or so called liberals, literally have no sense of humour ...whereas conservatives can generally have a laugh ...including at themselves. It shows which side is the most realistic and grounded...and it ain’t your side.
There are humourless, unfunny people on all sides of the political spectrum, but you do your one-eyed schtick.

UK influence has been due to its former Empire status.. that is gone, and its links to the EU are gone.
Lol! that is nonsense. You seem obsessed with the Empire.

The UK is the third most influential nation for many reasons :

It is head of the Commonwealth which consists of 51 nations including Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, Pakistan and India...the latter having huge future potential. Many African nations are members including the two largest economies in Africa, Nigeria and South Africa.

It has a well known "special relationship" with the USA, the most powerful nation on earth.

London is the financial capital of the world.

English is the most commonly spoken language in business, commerce, and travel worldwide.

The EU has for decades wanted to change that, but certain nations (yes the UK) have stood against such changes.

Agreed. And rightly so. The EU is indeed power crazy.

They'll be wanting their own army next!

the current UK government supports the "European fascists"... sad but true.
So have the likes of Hitler, Mussolini, Franco etc returned?

I doubt it.

Anyone who doesn't believe in free handouts for all or massive immigration into their countries are called "fascists" by left-wing snowflakes.

Yea no arrogance here at all...

Yes, none at all. Just trying to work out why there is so much bitterness towards the UK from EU citizens merely because the UK exercised its right to leave the EU.

You do know the UK has invaded Russia twice right?
You do know that to compare the UK's squabbles with Russia over two hundred years ago to the deaths of 27 million Russians in WW2 is a perfect example of "clutching at straws". Google is your friend.

There are humourless, unfunny people on all sides of the political spectrum, but you do your one-eyed schtick.
There literally is no such thing as a funny leftist...most “comedy” is dominated by liberal lefties over here...and none are funny, so wtf does that say about leftist non-comedians ?
Seriously I think it’s a thing...the left can’t do funny...probably because they take themselves far too seriously...dogmatists can’t laugh lol.

There literally is no such thing as a funny leftist...most “comedy” is dominated by liberal lefties over here...and none are funny, so wtf does that say about leftist non-comedians ?
Seriously I think it’s a thing...the left can’t do funny...probably because they take themselves far too seriously...dogmatists can’t laugh lol.

There literally is no such thing as a bipedal right-winger.

Back
Top Bottom