• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#7426]How will Brexit go?***W:46]***

How will Brexit go?

• Total voters
Beautiful...
8070154231_8bdf754808_b.jpg

Yorkshire is a stunning county.

Pretty f'in flat around Hull, mind, good for those cutting winds fresh from Siberia.

And I have learned what to do if you can't stand the inconvenience of wearing a mask in the supermarket: just wander about chuntering into your mobile phone.

Lol...every powerful country was “looting” at the time...but the British also brought great benefit to India...like tea for a start...

The everyone else was doing it excuse. India, could have just bought the tea,

Since up to 2 million people died and many more were forcibly displaced during the partition
These deaths were due to ongoing hatred between people of different religions and cultures.

You talk as if Britain was actually responsible for killing these people....which says a lot about you and your anti-British feelings.

The good news keeps coming. Government policy is already staring poor kids. Now their food bill will be Brexited up by a third!
Perhaps you should not be so gullible as to believe every vague statement put out by the Independent newspaper.

Perhaps you should ask yourself what "much more expensive" means for the average consumer.

Yes, if the kids are consuming French wine or imported cheese their parents may have to pay more. They may not.

If their kids are consuming most staples such as bread, potatoes etc as well as British cheese, and other dairy products, beef etc......they will not be affected at all.

The Independent is fiercely remain and the last poll on the political leanings of their readership, conducted in 2010, showed that only 14% voted Tory. As evidenced by this report, they will religiously print even the most obscure and vague claims if they make the Tories look bad.

Last edited:
... who set those guidelines?

Sigh! Obviously not the Irish, because they are now wasting tens of millions of Euro fighting big brother EU in a dispute over them.

What a pity that the Irish have not achieved the freedom to make their own decisions that they fought so long and hard for.

If anyone has any doubt that the EU aim regarding the current dispute over fishing is to maintain their right to fish in British waters, then have a look at the statement contained in this video by an EU MEP at 8:40 :

"we still want access to British waters for our fishermen"

England's future Freedom of Movement.

ElKr8BMW0AA0yDk

I don't think you've cottoned on to the fact yet that this is exactly what the UK wants.

That is because FOM works both ways and Brits want to have a say in who comes into their country thus improving the quality and controlling the number of their immigrants.

Brits have never had a problem visiting, living or working overseas.

They are generally welcome everywhere.

Many of the millions of immigrants into the EU as well as many EU citizens themselves, are not as welcome everywhere.

Beautiful...
8070154231_8bdf754808_b.jpg

This picture is very similar to the area around Kelbrook, where my ancestors lived for centuries before moving over the Pennines.

God's own country.

The UK and Japan have signed a free trade agreement at a ceremony in Tokyo, hours before negotiations on a post-Brexit deal with the European Union are due to resume.

Has anyone worked out yet where I got my username?

These deaths were due to ongoing hatred between people of different religions and cultures.

You talk as if Britain was actually responsible for killing these people....which says a lot about you and your anti-British feelings.
Your idea that centuries of British 'divide and rule' administration was only responsible for good things like railways and not at all for the bad things is rather naive.

Your idea that centuries of British 'divide and rule' administration was only responsible for good things like railways and not at all for the bad things is rather naive.
Not only naïve but these people who boast about the achievements of the British Empire neglect the price paid by the English working class who were exploited by the owners of dark satanic factories and mines that kept the population in grime and poverty, in poor health and nutrition while the sons of the rich were prepared to take leadership of the empire at private schools called 'public' schools. Untold numbers of the working class died because they could not afford medicine or medical care and the sons of the poor entered the mines and factories in their early teens for short lives of serfdom. It is a history of exploitation of the English people as well as populations abroad.

c9db074865050423aec5ba01d47dfb7f.jpg

Britain's child slaves

The UK and Japan have signed a free trade agreement at a ceremony in Tokyo, hours before negotiations on a post-Brexit deal with the European Union are due to resume.

Has anyone worked out yet where I got my username?

But critics have said it will boost UK GDP by only 0.07%, a fraction of the trade that could be lost with the EU.

I'm underwhelmed.

I'm underwhelmed.

From what I understand the Uk Japan FTA is more restrictive on quite a few issues than the EU, specifically on state aid to companies. Really not much in the way of synergies between the two. Beyond perhaps the UK supporting Japan and its desire to develop an aerospace industry

Not only naïve but these people who boast about the achievements of the British Empire neglect the price paid by the English working class who were exploited by the owners of dark satanic factories and mines that kept the population in grime and poverty, in poor health and nutrition while the sons of the rich were prepared to take leadership of the empire at private schools called 'public' schools. Untold numbers of the working class died because they could not afford medicine or medical care and the sons of the poor entered the mines and factories in their early teens for short lives of serfdom. It is a history of exploitation of the English people as well as populations abroad.

c9db074865050423aec5ba01d47dfb7f.jpg

Britain's child slaves

I think you'll find that people all over the world were poor prior to the Industrial Revolution....not just the UK.

As for the exploitation of people abroad, Spain was perhaps the worst offender of all....especially in South America.

But don't let me interrupt your anti-British rant.

Great news for Aussies.

It has always been a sore point with Aussies that EU citizens have had easier access to the UK than Australians, whose nation has fought alongside Britain in both World Wars against fascists from Europe.

Last edited:
One sometimes forgets the predictions of doom and gloom regarding Brexit, going back years now, that have proved to be utter nonsense in the light of subsequent events.

This article from the NYT in July 2017

"But a few Euro-fanatics, disproportionately prominent on the BBC and at The Financial Times, are acting like doomsday cultists, constantly postponing the date of their promised apocalypse. First, a Leave vote was supposed to wreck the economy. Then, it became “wait until we begin the disengagement.” Now it’s “wait until you see what a bad deal we get from the European Union.”

Really not much in the way of synergies between the two. Beyond perhaps the UK supporting Japan and its desire to develop an aerospace industry
The UK imports 143 000 cars a year from Japan.

Japan obviously sees a way to massively increase this figure, especially if a no deal happens and European cars are slapped with a 10% import tariff.

Nissan also has a manufacturing plant in the UK and has recently announced that it is considering moving the manufacture of vehicles currently made in Spain, to the UK.

Back
Top Bottom