• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How Well Did Florida Do With Covid?

Liberal7360

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
The USDA has sent a letter to the Florida surgeon general to debunk his claims about the vaccine.

The article doesn't give many facts from that surgeon general but I agree with the USDA.

I will point out facts on how well Florida did with the virus during the pandemic.

There has been so far 7,532,055 cases of covid in Florida. So far a total of 86,850 deaths from covid.

number of covid deaths florida

So far in New York State there has been 6,625,932 cases of the virus. So far a total of 76,825 deaths.

My state, where the first case and death of the virus happened 10 miles from my home, was in the beginning of 2020 predicted to become another Wuhan Province, Washington has a total of 1,928,913 cases of the virus. So far there has been 15,749 deaths.

number of covid deaths washington state

The USDA has sent a letter to the Florida surgeon general to debunk his claims about the vaccine.

The article doesn't give many facts from that surgeon general but I agree with the USDA.

I will point out facts on how well Florida did with the virus during the pandemic.

There has been so far 7,532,055 cases of covid in Florida. So far a total of 86,850 deaths from covid.

So far in New York State there has been 6,625,932 cases of the virus. So far a total of 76,825 deaths.

My state, where the first case and death of the virus happened 10 miles from my home, was in the beginning of 2020 predicted to become another Wuhan Province, Washington has a total of 1,928,913 cases of the virus. So far there has been 15,749 deaths.

Interesting factiods.

Considering how NYC was blind sided and had everything against it with climate and density, these numbers are one powerful expression of how bad DeSantis handled Covid.

Considering how NYC was blind sided and had everything against it with climate and density, these numbers are one powerful expression of how bad DeSantis handled Covid.

Both NY state and my state were blindsided.

My state was the first to have a case and death. It is where it first came to the nation.

NY is where it first came to the east coast of the nation.

Florida didn't have cases until weeks later. They weren't blindsided. Yet they did much worse with the virus.

My state was the first to have a case and death. It is where it first came to the nation.

Florida didn't have cases until weeks later. They weren't blindsided. Yet they did much worse with the virus.
Question now is how do we inform Fox viewers of this news? This seems to be the biggest hurdle in general when it comes to current affairs. The MAGA crowd just doesn't hear the truth or refuses to believe it.

California’s first case came a day or two after Washington’s.

To be fair, the West Coast cases were from the Chinese strain, while NY was hit with the more virulent strain that had mutated in Europe.

The East Coast had the horror of what was happening in Northern Italy as a warning as to the seriousness of Covid, soon followed by the catastrophe that engulfed New York. As the virus continued its spread south from New England, states such as Florida didn’t heed the warning signs that were clear for any fool to see, and their residents paid the price for cavalier attitudes.

There's 3 airports in the NYC area and about 8 million people use mass transit every day..

It was inevitable..

California’s first case came a day or two after Washington’s.

To be fair, the West Coast cases were from the Chinese strain, while NY was hit with the more virulent strain that had mutated in Europe.

The East Coast had the horror of what was happening in Northern Italy as a warning as to the seriousness of Covid, soon followed by the catastrophe that engulfed New York. As the virus continued its spread south from New England, states such as Florida didn’t heed the warning signs that were clear for any fool to see, and their residents paid the price for cavalier attitudes.

Yes, the west coast got the virus from China.

The east coast got it from Italy.

But that wasn't known at the time. That wasn't able to be known until after covid had spread across the whole nation.

No one knew there was more than one strain coming from different nations when it all started.

Washington had no warning since China was so closed to what was happening or what to do to combat it.

New York didn't know it came from Italy. They were following what was coming out of China. Which was next to nothing.

Yes Florida had warning. They ignored it. We see the results.

Last edited:

I survived every attempt by DeSantis to ensure I caught covid but I didn't listen to him, I wore a mask everywhere, got my vaccine and booster shots and so far, covid free.

There's 3 airports in the NYC area and about 8 million people use mass transit every day..

It was inevitable..

No it wasn't inevitable.

The people who came into the nation at that time were allowed to go into the population without any testing or isolation.

Everyone who came into the nation at the time should have been isolated until they had several negative covid tests. Isolation for at least 10 days should have been mandatory.

That way it wouldn't have gotten into the mass transit system or been transmitted to anyone. It could have been stopped.

We had the reports from China and Europe. The only people who should have been allowed into the nation is citizens and every single one of them should have never been allowed to go into the general population immediately. They should have been isolated until rock solid confirmation that they were covid negative.

It's basic grade school science. At least I learned that in grade school science class.

No it wasn't inevitable.

The people who came into the nation at that time were allowed to go into the population without any testing or isolation.

Everyone who came into the nation at the time should have been isolated until they had several negative covid tests. Isolation for at least 10 days should have been mandatory.

That way it wouldn't have gotten into the mass transit system or been transmitted to anyone. It could have been stopped.

We had the reports from China and Europe. The only people who should have been allowed into the nation is citizens and every single one of them should have never been allowed to go into the general population immediately. They should have been isolated until rock solid confirmation that they were covid negative.

It's basic grade school science. At least I learned that in grade school science class.
No... You can't shut down nyc... Thousands of people flying in everyday... People crammed into subways like sardines...

Nope... Not possible in the real world..

Yes, the west coast got the virus from China.

The east coast got it from Italy.

But that wasn't known at the time. That wasn't able to be known until after covid had spread across the whole nation.
The West had the example of Italy right in their midst, and there was no second guessing if any information was being withheld — all was out in the open. The U.S. should have been paying attention too instead of being stuck with a president who denied that Covid presented any problem.

No one knew there was more than one strain coming from different nations when it all started.

The rapid way the virus spread and its severity overwhelmed cities in Northern Italy was quickly noted. Much different than the first cases on the West Coast. In California we expected to become ground zero because of the close business and personal contacts with China. We’re the principal gateway for Chinese goods to the US, and who had previously even contemplated the amount of Chinese contact with the local population.

New York didn't know it came from Italy. They were following what was coming out of China. Which was next to nothing.
Someone had to know of the Covid pandemic raging in Italy — I followed the news easily enough online through the Italian press. Where was the federal government?

Yes Florida had warning. They ignored it. We see the results.

Yes, a high per capita death rate — much worse than the states mocked for stricter preventive measures.

It is important to realize that Florida has a much older age demographic than many other states, and COVID becomes exponentially more deadly with increasing age.

You'd need to account for this.

It is important to realize that Florida has a much older age demographic than many other states, and COVID becomes exponentially more deadly with increasing age.

You'd need to account for this.

Same with Italy — much older demographic, and an early example for Florida to see the seriousness, and deadlines, of Covid among an aged population.

No... You can't shut down nyc... Thousands of people flying in everyday... People crammed into subways like sardines...

Nope... Not possible in the real world..

I'm not saying to shutdown NY. I'm saying to isolate all those who came to the United States from other nations.

That's not shutting down the city.

I will point out, the city, state and most of the whole nation shutdown because those who entered the nation were not isolated.

Had every single person who entered our nation been isolated, there probably wouldn't have been a need for most of the nation to shutdown.

They aced it, especially with all the elderly.

They weren’t put into nursing home to die like NYC and Michigan.

What a disgusting thread.

If you believe the numbers, you believe the propaganda.

Back
Top Bottom