• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How We Know It Wasn't A Liberal Who Leaked SCOTUS Decision

Gateman_Wen

Official disruptive influence
Banned
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Republicans like Ted Cruz and Mitch McConnell are shocked, shocked! that someone would leak Alito's draconian opinion overturning Roe v. Wade. They had their talking points ready, and pointed the finger at "radical leftists" inside the Court. (First clue: The only radicals clerking at the Court are right wingers.)

Joe Scarborough gives a pretty good explanation of why it was actually a pissed-off right winger who leaked the opinion (Morning Joe devoted the first half hour to the topic). He explains it was an attempt to lock in conservative support who might be wavering about the harshness of Alito's decision. That sounds right.

But I'll tell you how I knew: It was leaked to Politico.

Liberals don't leak to Politico, it's not even in the liberal media ecosphere. Liberals leak to the New York Times, or the Washington Post -- or maybe Mother Jones. Not Politico.

But here's the other thing: How did conservatives know the particulars of this decision before the leak? The Wall Street Journal's editorial page (another prominent right-wing mouthpiece) wrote an editorial about it the day before!

And how did Republicans all have their talking points organized so widely, so quickly?

Look: The kind of liberals who clerk at the Court are idealists, not troublemakers. The radical right wingers? We already know they feel entitled to win by any means necessary. This isn't even close.

But it probably wasn't a clerk. The most likely suspect is Ginni Thomas. And John Roberts knows it.

GOP seemed to be reading from the same song sheet……

what is amazing is that someone thinks Joe Scarborough has a knowledgeable opinion.
The theory sounds as good as any other. And it wasn't Scarborough who wrote the article. So your ad hominem dismisses two people, which is nice I guess. But how did the WSJ know the decision? Why would a liberal leak to Politico?

Did you read it? Makes sense to me.

Scarborough was in Congress. He has a knowledgeable opinion
yes I read it, its a biased piece of literature.. they lost me at " well the liberals on the court are angels, but we all know (wink wink) the right wingers on the court would do anything..."

riiiight.

and referencing Jo Scarborough.. yuck.. there are some things I just don;t do.

The OP is about Ted Cruz. So you didn't even open the OP and read it. Scarborough was opining on what Ted "Insult my wife again Mr. President and I'll lick your other testicle" Cruz said.
way I read it Cruz and scarborough are both figures in the article, the article AND the OP is about how we know it wasn;t a liberal that leaked, so.... incorrect.

way I read it Cruz and scarborough are both figures in the article, the article AND the OP is about how we know it wasn;t a liberal that leaked, so.... incorrect.

You wanted to know why anyone thought Scarborough had a knowledgeable opinion. Why do you think Ted Cruz does? Scarborough was talking about what Cruz said.

You wanted to know why anyone thought Scarborough had a knowledgeable opinion. Why do you think Ted Cruz does? Scarborough was talking about what Cruz said.
you have a really bad habit of trying to put words in someone's mouth.. Me making a comment about the knowledge Scarborough retains in that small pea brain of his is non sequitur about anything I do or do not believe about Ted Cruz.

basically you are pulling your argument directed at me out of thin air, and imho its not worth addressing.... IF I have a comment to make about Cruz, I'll make sure to let you know.

enjoy.

yes I read it, its a biased piece of literature.. they lost me at " well the liberals on the court are angels, but we all know (wink wink) the right wingers on the court would do anything..."

riiiight.

and referencing Jo Scarborough.. yuck.. there are some things I just don;t do.
That's your taste. I think he's a good American. A real conservative.

you have a really bad habit of trying to put words in someone's mouth.. Me making a comment about Scarborough is non sequitur about anything I do or do not believe about Ted Cruz.

basically you are pulling your argument directed at me out of thin air, and imho its not worth addressing.... IF I have a comment to make about Cruz, I'll make sure to let you know.

enjoy.

No. I'm referring to your post asking about Scarborough's knowledge. Scarborough was commenting on a comment made by Cruz, yet you didn't wonder about Cruz's level of knowledge, did you?

No. I'm referring to your post asking about Scarborough's knowledge. Scarborough was commenting on a comment made by Cruz, yet you didn't wonder about Cruz's level of knowledge, did you?
LOL I have not fielded a question yet, so where do you get "post asking about scarborough;s knowledge"?

I am criticizing him as a source, because he has been proven ignorant many , many times.

if you want to know more than that, go ask leftists in other threads who criticize sources... such as YOURSELF, because I learned that from them.

LOL I have not fielded a question yet, so where do you get "post asking about scarborough;s knowledge"?

I am criticizing him as a source, because he has been proven ignorant many , many times.

if you want to know more than that, go ask leftists in other threads who criticize sources... such as YOURSELF, because I learned that from them.

He has not been "proven ignorant" many times, and like everyone knows, he was commenting on the comments made by Ted Cruz...something you didn't even know.

"Sources"? What are you babbling about? This is a thread about Joe Scarborough and his comments on what Cruz and McConnell said. What "sources" are you talking about?

He has not been "proven ignorant" many times, and like everyone knows, he was commenting on the comments made by Ted Cruz...something you didn't even know.

"Sources"? What are you babbling about? This is a thread about Joe Scarborough and his comments on what Cruz and McConnell said. What "sources" are you talking about?
you don't know what a source is? cool, I'm just going to snip that and keep it for future conversations.. thanks!

you don't know what a source is? cool, I'm just going to snip that and keep it for future conversations.. thanks!

I know what a source is. It has nothing to do with this thread. This is about real words from real people.

Damn, you just can't keep up and focus, can you?

what is amazing is that someone thinks Joe Scarborough has a knowledgeable opinion.

Isn't it amazing? They're programmed to show up and dismiss the thread because, were it true, it would reflect negatively on some random person he might consider on his "team" And of course because of the name involved.

Ok, that's not amazing. That's just sad. But the amazing thing is that the comment could equally be made by any Trumpist. There's no difference when Hypothetical says it and say, when, the person who "liked" his comment says it. It's the same damn bumper sticker, all day, every day, presented in the same words and at the same time, by all of them.

And they pretend to get huffy about "Trump ist" rather than "Trump supporter". Don't like it? Be less obediently uniform. Sheesh.

Isn't it amazing? They're programmed to show up and dismiss the thread because, were it true, it would reflect negatively on some random person he might consider on his "team" And of course because of the name involved.

Ok, that's not amazing. That's just sad. But the amazing thing is that the comment could equally be made by any Trumpist. There's no difference when Hypothetical says it and say, when, the person who "liked" his comment says it. It's the same damn bumper sticker, all day, every day, presented in the same words and at the same time, by all of them.

And they pretend to get huffy about "Trump ist" rather than "Trump supporter". Don't like it? Be less obediently uniform. Sheesh.

LOL talk about being guilty of something you accuse someone of... that's hilarious.

y'all have fun now!

Ginni Thomas, the thread says. Heh.

In a sane pre-Trumpist/pre-Tea Party world, a justice could conceivably be impeached for letting his wife leak a decision. This is not a sane world. Thomas could come out and announce he leaked it himself, and they wouldn't care.... not unless that somehow caused another justice to leave the majority.

Back
Top Bottom