• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How was the President's speech?

How was the President's speech?

• Good

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Bad

Votes: 10 52.6%

• Total voters
Good speech or bad speech?
What's happenin Aberrant? I think it was pretty much exactly what was previewed the day earlier on media outlets. No surprises. Probably mostly directed to people that don't watch the news regularly. Wasn't good, wasn't bad...just eh. What do you think?

What's happenin Aberrant? I think it was pretty much exactly what was previewed the day earlier on media outlets. No surprises. Probably mostly directed to people that don't watch the news regularly. Wasn't good, wasn't bad...just eh. What do you think?

'Sup, Sbu. First part of the speech I was not happy about. It seemed like he was trying to replicate Bush's selling of going to war with Iraq, talking in very simple terms that anyone could follow. By the end, though, I think he had made the case for the moral high ground in this case, so he won me over.

It was good in the sense that Obama and Putin have managed to find a way to both back down and both save face.
Their plan is genius.
Now if only we can get past the Syria distraction and focus on Iran.

As a speech, it offered nothing that the pundits did not already drill over and over all day.
For one of the first time in history, you could actually listen to Fox, MSNBC, and Obama... and get the same story from each one.

'Sup, Sbu. First part of the speech I was not happy about. It seemed like he was trying to replicate Bush's selling of going to war with Iraq, talking in very simple terms that anyone could follow. By the end, though, I think he had made the case for the moral high ground in this case, so he won me over.

Fair enough. I hope it works out and that they know what they're doing. We really can't afford more perceived blunders on our Syria policy.

Very Kennedy-like, but conducted even more brilliantly than the Bay of Pigs. Crisis averted and now we need Bama and Carter to sit down and talk with Iran, then come home and start working on what really matters: Education and Health Care...

Good speech or bad speech?

Good speech...but--Russia and/or Syria are playing games with us.. We will strike Syria. He has no choice now.. I love him, but he has screwed up royally... We should have gotten involved two years ago. When he made the statement that Syria had crossed the red line, he should have kept his mouth shut and initiated a surprise strike and talked to congress afterwards.. There is no way any weapons inspectors could go into Syria in the middle of a civil war--it doesn't even make sense..

Good speech...but--Russia and/or Syria are playing games with us.. We will strike Syria. He has no choice now.. I love him, but he has screwed up royally... We should have gotten involved two years ago. When he made the statement that Syria had crossed the red line, he should have kept his mouth shut and initiated a surprise strike and talked to congress afterwards.. There is no way any weapons inspectors could go into Syria in the middle of a civil war--it doesn't even make sense..

if USA is a world power no country can play with it ,juanita

l wish no american believes in these lies

if USA is a world power no country can play with it ,juanita

l wish no american believes in these lies

I don't think that anyone truly believes Russia, altho they do have their own self-interest reasons to actually try..

And a big one is the Winter Olympics. This means everything to Putin. Therefore he will help Obama. This is how the Commie brain works. They need to look good internationally more than anything and is there failing. Never fear tho. Righties will stab Obama here also.
I don't think that anyone truly believes Russia, altho they do have their own self-interest reasons to actually try..

Agree or disagree with attacking Syria, I think it was an excellent speech.

Obama was caught with a left upper punch from Putin that he didn't see coming.

Obama eyes are swollen and he has blood running from lacerations above his right brow that is hampering his vision.

In a real professional WBC bout the referee would have stopped the fight and awarded Putin a TKA.

Now if only we can get past the Syria distraction and focus on Iran.

Why? We have a check on Iranian power in the Middle East it's called Israel, they are plenty capable of dealing with Iran by themselves.

Is he still giving speeches? I go into a state of semi-consciousness any time I see his lips moving and I can hear absolutely everything except his voice...

Is he still giving speeches? I go into a state of semi-consciousness any time I see his lips moving and I can hear absolutely everything except his voice...

Do you support Ron Paul saying that the USA triggered 9/11 by supporting Israel?

No. Why do you ask?

I felt like it. Do you support Rank Paul, a sitting Senator, cheering on Putin in a NYT piece and throwing President Obama under the tank? Republicans are the enemy within, giving aid and comfort to Russia and Assad.

I felt like it. Do you support Rank Paul, a sitting Senator, cheering on Putin in a NYT piece and throwing President Obama under the tank? Republicans are the enemy within, giving aid and comfort to Russia and Assad.

I have no love for Putin or Assad, but the president put himself in this situation. That's what happens when you let an empty chair run the country. Amateur hour. Also, I don't know who Rank Paul is and I don't read the NYT.

Republicans blow Kennedy without realizing that this whole thing was Obama's Cuban Missile Crisis. Instead of sending the world into WWIII, he put the Syrians in a position where they can't risk any more WMD incidents.

Chris Matthews showed a clip today of Goldwater accusing JFK of politicizing the timing of the Cuban missile crisis to affect the 1962 mid-terms.
Goldwater later showed no proof.
Republicans blow Kennedy without realizing that this whole thing was Obama's Cuban Missile Crisis. Instead of sending the world into WWIII, he put the Syrians in a position where they can't risk any more WMD incidents.

Where is the "I didn't watch it because his words hold no water" choice?

Pres Obama's Cuban Missile Crisis? lol. You do realize that the Cuban Missile Crisis involved a direct threat to the US while this was simply another ruthless Arab chem'ing his own people right? Not to downplay the seriousness of that to the Syrian people but it poses absolutely NO THREAT to the AMERICAN PEOPLE. That's the difference. Comparing those two events is ridiculous in my opinion.

I thought his speech was perhaps a little slurred. His eyes were glazed. Pulse was probably a bit elevated with respirations to match. I really didn't pay any attention to the speech itself. He looked like an old sour puss, talking in short bursts. He blew it months before on this issue, and no speech can paper over that.

Back
Top Bottom