• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How Vaccine Messaging Confused The Public

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
You wouldn't have to dig far to find threads where I hammered the Biden Administration for poor Covid communications. Well, others have decided to jump onboard

================================

Pivotal randomized control trials (RCTs) underpinning approval of Covid-19 vaccines did not set out to, and did not, test if the vaccines prevent transmission of the SARS-CoV-2 virus. Nor did the trials test if the vaccines reduce mortality risk. A review of seven phase III trials, including those for Moderna, Pfizer/BioNTech and AstraZeneca vaccines, found the criterion the vaccines were trialled against was just reduced risk of Covid-19 symptoms.

There should be no secret about these facts, as they were discussed in August 2020 in the BMJ (formerly the British Medical Journal); one of the oldest and most widely cited medical journals in the world. Moreover, this was not an isolated article, as the editor-in-chief also gave her own summary of the vaccine-testing situation, which has proved very prescient:

“…we are heading for vaccines that reduce severity of illness rather than protect against infection [and] provide only short-lived immunity, … as well as damaging public confidence and wasting global resources by distributing a poorly effective vaccine, this could change what we understand a vaccine to be. Instead of long-term, effective disease prevention it could become a suboptimal chronic treatment.”It was not just the BMJ covering these features of the RCTs. When health bureaucrats Rochelle Walensky, Henry Walke and Anthony Fauci claimed (in the Journal of the American Medical Association) that “clinical trials have shown that the vaccines authorized for use in the US are highly effective against Covid-19 infection, severe illness and death” this was felt sufficiently false that the journal published a comment simply titled “Inaccurate Statement.”

The basis of the comment was that the primary endpoint for the RCTs was symptoms of Covid-19; a less exacting standard than testing to show efficacy against infection, severe illness, and death.
Yet these aspects of the vaccine trials discussed in medical journals are largely unknown by the general public. To measure public understanding of the Covid-19 vaccine trials I added a question about the vaccine testing to an ongoing nationally representative survey of adult New Zealanders.

Zerohedge.

Dismissed with ridicule.

You wouldn't have to dig far to find threads where I hammered the Biden Administration for poor Covid communications. Well, others have decided to jump onboard

================================

Pivotal randomized control trials (RCTs) underpinning approval of Covid-19 vaccines did not set out to, and did not, test if the vaccines prevent transmission of the SARS-CoV-2 virus. Nor did the trials test if the vaccines reduce mortality risk. A review of seven phase III trials, including those for Moderna, Pfizer/BioNTech and AstraZeneca vaccines, found the criterion the vaccines were trialled against was just reduced risk of Covid-19 symptoms.

There should be no secret about these facts, as they were discussed in August 2020 in the BMJ (formerly the British Medical Journal); one of the oldest and most widely cited medical journals in the world. Moreover, this was not an isolated article, as the editor-in-chief also gave her own summary of the vaccine-testing situation, which has proved very prescient:

The basis of the comment was that the primary endpoint for the RCTs was symptoms of Covid-19; a less exacting standard than testing to show efficacy against infection, severe illness, and death.
Yet these aspects of the vaccine trials discussed in medical journals are largely unknown by the general public. To measure public understanding of the Covid-19 vaccine trials I added a question about the vaccine testing to an ongoing nationally representative survey of adult New Zealanders.

Those who were "confused" have the problem, not the vaccine people or whoever...............................funny how those I know had NO confusion , EVER. Take the vaccine. Case close.

Those who were "confused" have the problem, not the vaccine people or whoever...............................funny how those I know had NO confusion , EVER. Take the vaccine. Case close.
That ship sailed.

"How Vaccine Messaging Confused VySky"

I was never confused.

that is very obedient 👍
I did not realize understanding came with obedience. Learn something new everyday. No wonder we have so many Trumpsters on here who seem to know what he is saying...obedience!

I did not realize understanding came with obedience. Learn something new everyday. No wonder we have so many Trumpsters on here who seem to know what he is saying...obedience!
I’m mean. Fauci and Biden said jump but nobody ask how high right?

That’s obedience. 🤣

That’s obedience. 🤣
Seriously, why are you changing the subject from your thread? Your OP claims the OP was confused about the vaccine. I don't know too many people who were, so maybe they weren't part of the public?

Seriously, why are you changing the subject from your thread? Your OP claims the OP was confused about the vaccine. I don't know too many people who were, so maybe they weren't part of the public?
I know plenty people like myself who raised the BS flag relative to Fauci’s Covid messaging. It was horrible thus he was an untrustworthy source.

I know plenty people like myself who raised the BS flag relative to Fauci’s Covid messaging. It was horrible thus he was an untrustworthy source.
Oh, so this is all about Fauci. I know you get an erection when you think about hating on Fauci, but seriously, that is not healthy.

That’s obedience. 🤣
Just becuae you confuse easily doesn't mean the rest of can't figure things out.

Well it is known that the uneducated usually stick together, so it makes sense I guess.

Well it is known that the uneducated usually stick together, so it makes sense I guess.
At least I don’t have to concern myself with any issues from taking a rushed vaccine. Odds were in my favor to completely ignore that noise. Now if I was the typical fat slob things may have been more in Faucis favor.

But he sucks at his job.

At least I don’t have to concern myself with any issues from taking a rushed vaccine. Odds were in my favor to completely ignore that noise. Now if I was the typical fat slob things may have been more in Faucis favor.

But he sucks at his job.
And yet he is much more successful than a Russia friendly Internet troll.

But he sucks at his job.
Another uneducated statement from the willfully ignorant.

Back
Top Bottom