• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How US covered up Saudi role in 9/11

Μολὼν λαβέ;1065778574 said:
This is why the vast majority of Cuban-Americans vote Republican.

I have spoken with Cubans in Cuba who were there, working in the 1950's. He believes he is far better off with Castro than Batista. He and his wife talked about the corruption in those days and how US Sugar ran everything, including the phone network

Depose the house of Saud and install democracy. Who then would the newly freed people vote for ? Sunni Islamic ultra-extremists not too different from ISIS. 'Democratising' Iraq didn't work out too well did it?

Do you mean like we "installed democracy" in Libya or Iraq or anywhere else we've invaded? I hope you were joking.

Holy ****, you've really drank from the Republican Cool-aid haven't you. Cuba kicked out the ****ing mafia and a bunch of corrupt businesses like US Sugar. The ONLY reason the Soviets ever intended to put nukes in Cuba was because idiot Kennedy had put nukes in Turkey.

And you have nicely ignored the fact the US, planned, financed and executed an invasion of the island of Cuba, who were betrayed by the US after being promised air support and Kennedy vetoing at the last minute.

You also fail to mention that the US maintains a concentration camp on the island.

"Concentration camp"

:lamo :lamo :lamo

Right, right! He should have clearly stated "Torture Camp."

The poor AQ and Taliban guys. All they wanted was to kill civillians and the evul Americans are keeping them from being able to do so. Obviously they should be able to kill whoever they want, right? :roll:

I have spoken with Cubans in Cuba who were there, working in the 1950's. He believes he is far better off with Castro than Batista. He and his wife talked about the corruption in those days and how US Sugar ran everything, including the phone network

I was there. They were better off with Batista. The largest sugar operation in Cuba was Cuban, not American.

It shouldn't come as a surprise that Cubans living under the Castro dictatorship would have good things to say about Castro and bad things about Batista. The consequences for criticizing Castro have been well documented.

Under Batista the Cuban people were allowed one of the most basic human freedoms, and that was the right to leave.

Do you mean like we "installed democracy" in Libya or Iraq or anywhere else we've invaded? I hope you were joking.

I was trying to say, just like you, that an outsider installing democracy never works. Nations need to create their own democracies. But two countries that the US invaded were actually helped along the democracy path; they were Japan and Germany. Neither Saudi of libya have a hope of creating democracy. Iraq just might if it was split into three new states.

I know I would love to. The Middle East seems to be a plague to the rest of the world. The world would be better off without it.

Yes, let's abolish the Middle East. This could be done quickly and cheaply by going back to the region's earlier, and correct, name: the Near East. (I blame the Americans, never too hot on geography, for the erroneous appellation).

The poor AQ and Taliban guys. All they wanted was to kill civillians and the evul Americans are keeping them from being able to do so. Obviously they should be able to kill whoever they want, right? :roll:

Of course: It's what their Prophet ordered and we must not stop them practising their religion.

Right, right! He should have clearly stated "Torture Camp."

More anti-American malarkey. Torture is against federal laws, and the United States has not authorized the use of it against anyone--included captured unlawful enemy combatants. The enhanced interrogation techniques, including the waterboarding technique selected, that were used against several senior Al Qaeda jihadists who had been trained to resist conventional interrogation did not even come close to constituting torture under applicable U.S. laws.

As for the 28 missing pages, I am not sure why that information has been concealed. The U.S. cannot be so concerned with pleasing the Saudi regime that it overlooks that regime's role in jihadist violence.

"Concentration camp"

:lamo :lamo :lamo

Laugh away. But tell me, what charges has those prisoners have been charged with. Can you show me that AMERICAN JUSTICE is following the law you people live by?

No.

There has been no charges, there have been no trials, there has been no see to be done, and there is no rule of law. So, they are the same ****ing thing Britains Lord Kitchener invented in the Boer war for the same ****ing reason. HE called them 'concentration camps" as has the rest of the entire world.

You've been hosed by government lies. The US looks a lot more like China than it did in 2000, and your people are still just as frightened and panicked as when some tourists learned how to fly airplanes under the CIA's noses and brought the country to its knees.

Concentration camp.

Laugh away. But tell me, what charges has those prisoners have been charged with. Can you show me that AMERICAN JUSTICE is following the law you people live by?

No.

There has been no charges, there have been no trials, there has been no see to be done, and there is no rule of law. So, they are the same ****ing thing Britains Lord Kitchener invented in the Boer war for the same ****ing reason. HE called them 'concentration camps" as has the rest of the entire world.

You've been hosed by government lies. The US looks a lot more like China than it did in 2000, and your people are still just as frightened and panicked as when some tourists learned how to fly airplanes under the CIA's noses and brought the country to its knees.

Concentration camp.

It's hilarious how hysterical people get. "You look a lot more like China then you did in 2000".

Yeah, having a major terrorist attack tends to lead to people taking security more seriously. The problem with your Boer War comparsion is that Guantanamano Bay held captured fighters, while the Brits put the families of the Boer troops in the camps. Big difference.

It's hilarious how hysterical people get. "You look a lot more like China then you did in 2000".

Yeah, having a major terrorist attack tends to lead to people taking security more seriously. The problem with your Boer War comparsion is that Guantanamano Bay held captured fighters, while the Brits put the families of the Boer troops in the camps. Big difference.

"Captured fighters?"

Can you elaborate on the evidence you have. Once again, you are holding innocent until proven guilty people. There has been no trial or anything else, so what is it? A Prison? Nope, prison would mean there had been a trial. Is it a resort? No, not once you see all th paranoid defenses around it.
So it isn't a concentration camp, what is it/

But notice this, you're debating me over a word, support the illegal imprisonment of people, strip search little old ladies getting on a train, spy on every American's phones and email.........A leading politician is leading by saying he will ban ALL muslims......and you call me hysterical.

I am sorry, but we're not panicked-scared here in Canada as your government has made you. I am completely comfortable talking in 25,000 Syrian refugees and we refuse to change our lives because of bunch of animals you've angered in the middle east.

So please look in the mirror and see who's been convinced to be frightened all the time, and just who is hysterical.

Have a good day, we are done here

"Captured fighters?"

Can you elaborate on the evidence you have. Once again, you are holding innocent until proven guilty people. There has been no trial or anything else, so what is it? A Prison? Nope, prison would mean there had been a trial. Is it a resort? No, not once you see all th paranoid defenses around it.

But notice this, you're debating me over a word, support the illegal imprisonment of people, strip search little old ladies getting on a train, spy on every American's phones and email.........A leading politician is leading by saying he will ban ALL muslims......and you call me hysterical.

I am sorry, but we're not panicked-scared here in Canada as your government has made you. I am completely comfortable talking in 25,000 Syrian refugees and we refuse to change our lives because of bunch of animals you've angered in the middle east.

So please look in the mirror and see who's been convinced to be frightened all the time, and just who is hysterical.

Uh huh. Of course you are. After all, your next to America---you don't have much in the way of a bullseye on you like we do.

Good number of names here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists...tainees_alleged_to_have_returned_to_terrorism

"Captured fighters?"

LOL, you're not "panicked-scared" because you have the United States doing 98 percent of your fighting for you. Without the U.S., you're Costa Rica.

I was trying to say, just like you, that an outsider installing democracy never works. Nations need to create their own democracies. But two countries that the US invaded were actually helped along the democracy path; they were Japan and Germany. Neither Saudi of libya have a hope of creating democracy. Iraq just might if it was split into three new states.

Thank you, I thought that was your point.

I would submit to you that at the end of WWII the US government was far more honest and forthright than it is today or for the last 20 years. After the war, in our activities and relations with post-war Japan and Germany, we actually WERE interested in building up countries, and in a democratic form of government. With the Nuremberg Trials, we and others demonstrated our dedication to justice and human rights.

Would that it were that way today....:(

LOL, you're not "panicked-scared" because you have the United States doing 98 percent of your fighting for you. Without the U.S., you're Costa Rica.

Well, he is right that the average American today is very scared and/or worried about, dare I say it, "muslim extremists", and many of the ones I know are scared of muslims of any stripe, extremists or otherwise. Yes, there are many reasons for that state of anxiety, but it is real.

Our Congress is equally scared/worried/anxious, for they have by the legislative process nullified the 4th Amendment and Habeas Corpus, just to "make us safe" from muslims of some sort.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry about this sad state of affairs, but the man from Canada is quite right, despite the fact that the Canadian government also participates in the fraud known as the GWOT

Well, he is right that the average American today is very scared and/or worried about, dare I say it, "muslim extremists", and many of the ones I know are scared of muslims of any stripe, extremists or otherwise. Yes, there are many reasons for that state of anxiety, but it is real.

Our Congress is equally scared/worried/anxious, for they have by the legislative process nullified the 4th Amendment and Habeas Corpus, just to "make us safe" from muslims of some sort.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry about this sad state of affairs, but the man from Canada is quite right, despite the fact that the Canadian government also participates in the fraud known as the GWOT

America isn't panicked over global terror like Europe is.

America isn't panicked over global terror like Europe is.

I suppose that depends upon who you talk to. I know several people that I've known for years, most of them voted for Trump in the primary, and when the subject of muslims comes up, some measure of anxiety or fear becomes apparent.

But our illustrious legislators are "concerned" enough about it that they've nullified the Fourth Amendment and Habeas Corpus to "keep us safe" from such.

I suppose that depends upon who you talk to. I know several people that I've known for years, most of them voted for Trump in the primary, and when the subject of muslims comes up, some measure of anxiety or fear becomes apparent.

But our illustrious legislators are "concerned" enough about it that they've nullified the Fourth Amendment and Habeas Corpus to "keep us safe" from such.

When almost 30 percent of Muslims tacitly support radical Islam, it's worthy of "concern."

Back
Top Bottom