• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How Trump's incompetence is causing the coronavirus to spread faster.

OscarLevant

Gadfly Extraordinaire
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
There's a through line from Trump to the lady in California who contracted the coronavirus who didn't travel to China or know about any contacts with people who might have contracted the virus, and the story goes like this:

So, first, the news story:

U.S. workers without protective gear assisted coronavirus evacuees, HHS whistleblower says

https://www.washingtonpost.com/heal...-coronavirus-evacuees-hhs-whistleblower-says/

The whistleblower is seeking federal protection, alleging she was unfairly and improperly reassigned after raising concerns about the safety of these workers to HHS officials, including those within the office of Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar. She was told Feb. 19 that if she does not accept the new position in 15 days, which is March 5, she would be terminated.

The complaint alleges HHS staffers were “improperly deployed” and were “not properly trained or equipped to operate in a public health emergency situation.” The complaint also alleges the workers were potentially exposed to coronavirus because appropriate steps were not taken to protect them and staffers were not trained in wearing personal protective equipment, even though they had face-to-face contact with returning passengers. The workers were in contact with passengers in an airplane hangar where evacuees were received and on two other occasions: when they helped distribute keys for room assignments and hand out colored ribbons for identification purposes.

About 14 personnel from the Administration for Children and Families, or ACF, were sent to March Air Force base in Riverside County, Calif., and another team of about 13 ACF personnel were sent to Travis Air Force in Solano County, Calif., according to the complaint and the whistleblower’s lawyer, Ari Wilkenfeld. In Solano County this week, the first U.S. patient was confirmed to be infected with coronavirus who did not travel to a region where it is spreading or have known contact with someone diagnosed with the disease.

The lady who got the virus without knowing where it came from, not having been to China, lives in Vacaville, which is only a few miles from Travis Air Force Base. Obviously, someone from the base who carried the virus came into Vacaville, got too close to the lady and she got the virus. They didn't test her right away because she didn't meet the criteria, which is to say she didn't come from any area known to have the virus.

So, the through line:

The buck first stops with the guy at the helm of the HHS,

Who is that person? Alex Azar?

Who was he before he was Secretary of HHS?

Well, he was a lobbyist to the pharma industry, appointed by Trump.

Now why would a woman, i.e., the whistleblower, who has decades of experience in the field, who received two HHS department awards from Azar last year and has received the highest performance evaluations, her lawyers said, why would Azar threaten to fire her if she didn't accept reassignment to a section for which she had little experience?

Because she's blowing the whistle, she's trying to save lives, and the incompetence she reveals puts Azar in a bad light. He's trying to cover up his incompetence.

Think about it. When the situation is critical, and things are happening fast, do we want a seasoned health professional whose reflexes, having been in similar situation during a career, would know what to do, down to details, or do we want a pharma lobbyist, who has no prior experience at all with this type of thing, who might not realize the importance of details, which can come and kick him in the arse, let alone cause people to die because of his lack of experience?

Who do we want in that position? But, don't blame Azar, blame Trump for appointing him and not realizing the total lack of wisdom for doing it. The buck stops with the president.

Apparently Trump doesn't see the value in hiring someone experienced in the field. He notoriously puts people in positions for which they are not qualified.

That's incompetence. I don't know about you, but it's not comforting to me to know that while a virus is killing people all over the world and spreading like wildfire, we have a president who is incompetent, and can't give it to us straight.

"It will disappear" he says. "We have wonderful people" he says.

Give me a ****ing break.

Last edited:
There's a through line from Trump to the lady in California who contracted the coronavirus who didn't travel to China or know about any contacts with people who might have contracted the virus, and the story goes like this:

The lady who got the virus without knowing where it came from, not having been to China, lives in Vacaville, which is only a few miles from Travis Air Force Base. Obviously, someone from the base who carried the virus came into Vacaville, got too close to the lady and she got the virus. They didn't test her right away because she didn't meet the criteria, which is to say she didn't come from any area known to have the virus.

So, the through line:

Now why would a woman, i.e., the whistleblower, who has decades of experience in the field, who received two HHS department awards from Azar last year and has received the highest performance evaluations, her lawyers said, why would Azar threaten to fire her if she didn't accept reassignment to a section for which she had little experience?

Because she's blowing the whistle, she's trying to save lives, and the incompetence she reveals puts Azar in a bad light. He's trying to cover up his incompetence.

Think about it. When the situation is critical, and things are happening fast, do we want a seasoned health professional whose reflexes, having been in similar situation during a career, would know what to do, down to details, or do we want a pharma lobbyist, who has no prior experience at all with this type of thing, who might not realize the importance of details, which can come and kick him in the arse, let alone cause people to die because of his lack of experience?

Who do we want in that position? But, don't blame Azar, blame Trump for appointing him and not realizing the total lack of wisdom for doing it. The buck stops with the president.

Apparently Trump doesn't see the value in hiring someone experienced in the field. He notoriously puts people in positions for which they are not qualified.

That's incompetence. I don't know about you, but it's not comforting to me to know that while a virus is killing people all over the world and spreading like wildfire, we have a president who is incompetent, and can't give it to us straight.

Give me a ****ing break.

I'm getting pretty damn tired of this petty crap.

This isn't about Trump's incompetence, as he's not the one directly overseeing these relief efforts.

This isn't about Trump's incompetence, as he's not the one directly overseeing these relief efforts.

They were calling Trump a racist for stopping people from coming here from China when this started months ago and now its all his fault?

Democrats are such liars.

They're like children. Their tantrums will never stop and just think, we might have 5 more years of this juvenile BS.

They're like children. Their tantrums will never stop and just think, we might have 5 more years of this juvenile BS.

The Corona virus is the "canary in the coal" mine, a lethal warning to ALL AmeriCAns that trumps cronyism that has replaced many dedicated and experienced civil servants with "the best" incompetent and clueless individuals he can find, like Azar is eaving ALL AmeriCANs vulnerable in ways Corona has forced us to recognize. Trump gutted the CDC and his concern for his own reelection has overridden a competent response to Corona. His policies are making it likely that Corona's spread will be worse than it might have been and left us more vulnerable and made the response even more ineffective.

Last edited:
Trump may have surrounded him with incompetent people, but at least they're loyal. And that, after all, is what we want. His needs come first. He's the real victim here.

So, the through line:

Give me a ****ing break.

Desperation + stupidity = 2020 democrats

So, the through line:

Give me a ****ing break.

Now this is taking TDS to a whole new level. Well done. Very impressive

The Corona virus is the "canary in the coal" mine, a lethal warning to ALL AmeriCAns that trumps cronyism that has replaced many dedicated and experienced civil servants with "the best" incompetent and clueless individuals he can find, like Azar is eaving ALL AmeriCANs vulnerable in ways Corona has forced us to recognize. Trump gutted the CDC and his concern for his own reelection has overridden a competent response to Corona. His policies are making it likely that Corona's spread will be worse than it might have been and left us more vulnerable and made the response even more ineffective.

That post is total TDS bull****. This virus has popped up all around the globe. Places like Japan, S. Korea, Italy and Germany have serious outbreaks and we do not. Have you criticized the presidents of those 4 countries for incompetence? Or is your post exactly what it appears to be: a mindless, partisan attack based upon nothing but your hatred for the president. Stop being so desperate and stop letting TV hosts lead you around by the nose.

That post is total TDS bull****. This virus has popped up all around the globe. Places like Japan, S. Korea, Italy and Germany have serious outbreaks and we do not. Have you criticized the presidents of those 4 countries for incompetence? Or is your post exactly what it appears to be: a mindless, partisan attack based upon nothing but your hatred for the president. Stop being so desperate and stop letting TV hosts lead you around by the nose.

Wouldn't it be likely the virus spreads first to those places closest to its origin?

:2rofll: Wow, I'll bet you've never smiled, get a new avatar.

horror.jpg

I watch very little TV, I really don't know if the presidents of other afflicted countries are incompetent and I don't give a ****, that we don't have a serious out break YET is very fortunate but experts are saying it's likely we will. But most agree that trumps actions are not helping. I actually did think about "my response", unlike your "partisan" knee jerk vitriol.

But the people he put in charge are

:2rofll: Wow, I'll bet you've never smiled, get a new avatar.

View attachment 67274638

I watch very little TV, I really don't know if the presidents of other afflicted countries are incompetent and I don't give a ****, that we don't have a serious out break YET is very fortunate but experts are saying it's likely we will. But most agree that trumps actions are not helping. I actually did think about "my response", unlike your "partisan" knee jerk vitriol.

You put zero thought into your post. Zero. Your post is nothing but dishonest, partisan desperation and you are spamming it all over the site. You hate Trump. You are desperate and unhinged so you blame him for things that havent even happened yet. :screwy

You put zero thought into your post. Zero. Your post is nothing but dishonest, partisan desperation and you are spamming it all over the site. You hate Trump. You are desperate and unhinged so you blame him for things that havent even happened yet. :screwy

Your nonpartisan commentray is a real breath of fresh air.

This isn't about Trump's incompetence, .

It certainly is.

I am getting pretty damned tired of his excuse makers.

Well there you go again. You don't have an intelligent response so you fall back to the desperation of personal attacks; as usual.

BTW; I don't "hate" trump, but I sure as hell don't want him as President of my beloved Country.

Trump may have surrounded him with incompetent people, but at least they're loyal. And that, after all, is what we want. His needs come first. He's the real victim here.

Trumpets cannot see truth, the cult is not permitted,.

Last edited:
Italy's government is fairly incomptent as well.

And Germany? I thought they were the perfect example of the progressive state. Heres the truth: the nature of this virus and the ease with which travel enables it to move around the globe means there is no way to stop it no matter how 'competent' you think you are. The good news is that outside the unhinged left, people understand this and the lefts attempt to pin this on Trump will fail and only make those who attempt it look like unhinged morons.

Well there you go again. You don't have an intelligent response so you fall back to the desperation of personal attacks; as usual.

BTW; I don't "hate" trump, but I sure as hell don't want him as President of my beloved Country.

The intelligent response to your post is to reject it as mindless garbage.

The intelligent response to your post is to reject it as mindless garbage.

But, you missed that chance; didn't you sonny.

But the people he put in charge are

Then put it on them. This act of going all around the block to just stick it to Trump is starting to get old. Hell, even when I was still a democrat. The republican's didn't do this kind of crap to poke at Obama all the damn time.

Back
Top Bottom