• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

How Trump Turned the US Foreign-Policy Consensus Upside-Down

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
How Trump Turned the US Foreign-Policy Consensus Upside-Down

The Republican nominee doesn’t just disagree with Democrats—his ideas represent a break with a long list of policies that have won bipartisan support for decades....

defense-large.jpg

I vehemently disagree with Trump on his by-the-seat-of-my-pants-foreign-policy, NATO/Alliances, Russia, nuclear proliferation, cyber security, torture, and his xenophobia.

There are many senior officers who are influencing and advising Trump. Obama gutted the senior ranks to support and implement his philosophy, leaving us with a shortage of battle tested senior officers.

There are many who feel we have been doing many things wrong and that Obama prefers political maps over strategic maps, and that he demands results now when he can take credit rather than use longer range planning that might help his successor.

Last edited:
The headline on the website Pravda trumpeted President Vladimir V. Putin’s latest coup, its nationalistic fervor recalling an era when its precursor served as the official mouthpiece of the Kremlin: “Russian Nuclear Energy Conquers the World.”

The article, in January 2013, detailed how the Russian atomic energy agency, Rosatom, had taken over a Canadian company with uranium-mining stakes stretching from Central Asia to the American West. The deal made Rosatom one of the world’s largest uranium producers and brought Mr. Putin closer to his goal of controlling much of the global uranium supply chain.

But the untold story behind that story is one that involves not just the Russian president, but also a former American president and a woman who would like to be the next one.

At the heart of the tale are several men, leaders of the Canadian mining industry, who have been major donors to the charitable endeavors of former President Bill Clinton and his family. Members of that group built, financed and eventually sold off to the Russians a company that would become known as Uranium One.

Beyond mines in Kazakhstan that are among the most lucrative in the world, the sale gave the Russians control of one-fifth of all uranium production capacity in the United States. Since uranium is considered a strategic asset, with implications for national security, the deal had to be approved by a committee composed of representatives from a number of United States government agencies. Among the agencies that eventually signed off was the State Department, then headed by Mr. Clinton’s wife, Hillary Rodham Clinton.

As the Russians gradually assumed control of Uranium One in three separate transactions from 2009 to 2013, Canadian records show, a flow of cash made its way to the Clinton Foundation. Uranium One’s chairman used his family foundation to make four donations totaling $2.35 million. Those contributions were not publicly disclosed by the Clintons, despite an agreement Mrs. Clinton had struck with the Obama White House to publicly identify all donors. Other people with ties to the company made donations as well.

And shortly after the Russians announced their intention to acquire a majority stake in Uranium One, Mr. Clinton received $500,000 for a Moscow speech from a Russian investment bank with links to the Kremlin that was promoting Uranium One stock.

clinton and giustra.jpg
Frank Giustra, right, a mining financier, has donated $31.3 million
to the foundation run by former President Bill Clinton, left.

At the time, both Rosatom and the United States government made promises intended to ease concerns about ceding control of the company’s assets to the Russians. Those promises have been repeatedly broken, records show.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/u...ssed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html?_r=0

OK, let's say he invested in Russian industry, many others invested there too. And now where is your criticism of those who are promoting China? In the 1980's it was thought that Russia would liberalize and run an honest economy, and Trump made a completely legal investment. I suspect Trump lost his ass because "crooks are crooks".

Don't forget that the DNC's biggest buddies are all globalists - Apple, Amazon, etc. And will fight Democrat union promoting platforms hammer and tong, to the detriment of US citizens.

BTW, was it Trump who sold 1/3 of our uranium assets to Russia for a few million and a piece of ass?

OK, let's say he invested in Russian industry, many others invested there too.
That's not what the articles said.
They said that Russian "industry" invested in Trump, not that Trump invested in Russian "industry."
iow, Trump owes the Russians, not that the Russian owe Trump.

seems alike a meaningful distinction

ymmv

There are many senior officers who are influencing and advising Trump. Obama gutted the senior ranks to support and implement his philosophy, leaving us with a shortage of battle tested senior officers.

There are many who feel we have been doing many things wrong and that Obama prefers political maps over strategic maps, and that he demands results now when he can take credit rather than use longer range planning that might help his successor.

When the most powerful military on the planet cannot defeat in over 15 years an enemy that has no air force, no navy and a rag-tag (at best) army then one must question the battle (nation building?) plan. The war on Jihad terror, like the war on drugs and the war on poverty, are destined to be endless and ever more expensive by continuing to employ ineffective half measures.

from the link said:
This does not mean Trump is controlled by or in the pay of Russia or Putin. It can just as easily be explained by having many of his top advisors having spent years working in Putin's orbit and being aligned with his thinking and agenda. But it is certainly no coincidence."

Talking Points Memo, couldn't be a bit biased, could it? I perused the other articles. Mostly Danish D' Sousa type "Exposes", one after the other.

Talking Points Memo, couldn't be a bit biased, could it? I perused the other articles. Mostly Danish D' Sousa type "Exposes", one after the other.

Well, if you're looking for a statement that disqualifies Trump from the Presidency, just look at this interview today.

Trump gives us his complete assurance that Russia will not invade Ukraine...until he finds out they already are there!

2665f45b2ec1b2b71134d7d2e2bea728.jpg

Trump has said he wants out of Iraq, Syria, and Libya. He sees Putin as a reasonable and competent foreign leader, not a demon. He doesn't want to give lethal weapons to the scumbag Ukrainians. He questions the existence of NATO. I think his thoughts are grand. He sounds sane and has not been feeding at the Cold War Demonization trough. We need more people that think like Trump.

Trump has said he wants out of Iraq, Syria, and Libya. He sees Putin as a reasonable and competent foreign leader, not a demon. He doesn't want to give lethal weapons to the scumbag Ukrainians. He questions the existence of NATO. I think his thoughts are grand. He sounds sane and has not been feeding at the Cold War Demonization trough. We need more people that think like Trump.

The 'scumbag' Ukrainians?

We don't need more people who think like Trump. We need less people who think like YOU...

Yeah...his main Russia advisor is a guy who has significant investments in Gazprom.

Trump & Putin. Yes, It's Really a Thing

That's disqualifying.

I don't think you want to go there. Because when all is set on the table, the Clintons were actually paid by the Russians for influence over decisions. And that's JUST the Russians, there is literally a whole list of people and countries who have procured the services of the Clintons. There are probably going to be ads running on that issue.

I don't think you want to go there. Because when all is set on the table, the Clintons were actually paid by the Russians for influence over decisions. And that's JUST the Russians, there is literally a whole list of people and countries who have procured the services of the Clintons. There are probably going to be ads running on that issue.
Quite right.
And the only way that information will ever see the national light of day is during the debates, provided Trump knows enough about it to actually bring it up over the objections of the moderators in control.
News organizations simply don't have the will to do it.
Political ads?
Perhaps.
But they're too easy to tune out.

Well, if you're looking for a statement that disqualifies Trump from the Presidency, just look at this interview today.

Trump gives us his complete assurance that Russia will not invade Ukraine...until he finds out they already are there!

Trump doesn't know the details and why his advisers altered longstanding GOP policy regarding Ukraine? wtf?

Is Trump at all aware that Republicans co-sponsored the Stability and Democracy (STAND) for Ukraine Act?

Since spring of 2014 ... 10,000 dead, 20,000 wounded, 675 missing, 1,500,000 war refugees in a European country and this moron isn't aware of Putin's aggression.

If you think Trump has the advantage over Clinton on Russia, you're clearly a delusional Trump voter that can be swayed by no amount of evidence.

If you think Trump has the advantage over Clinton on Russia, you're clearly a delusional Trump voter that can be swayed by no amount of evidence.

Just the Uranium deal alone the Clintons made, give Trump the advantage. If I am delusional, surely you must be even more so, as a Clinton voter.

The 'scumbag' Ukrainians?

We don't need more people who think like Trump. We need less people who think like YOU...

I stand corrected. I mean the scumbag "Political Class of Oligarchs and CIA agents" in Ukraine. The Ukrainians seem like decent folks.

I stand corrected. I mean the scumbag "Political Class of Oligarchs and CIA agents" in Ukraine. The Ukrainians seem like decent folks.

Who isn't a CIA agent in your world, Dave?

Seriously. I wish the CIA was half as powerful as you conspiracy theorists seem to think it is.

So you want to give Putin an excuse to invade Ukraine proper? What do you do you want that will change Putin's mind? And BTW what is Hillary and Obama plants for pushing Putin out?

What do you want Trump to provide that Obama won't? What had Hillary promised Ukraine when she was Secty of State?

Trump just started getting classified briefings, Hillary has had them all along. What's her excuse?

So you want to give Putin an excuse to invade Ukraine proper? What do you do you want that will change Putin's mind? And BTW what is Hillary and Obama plants for pushing Putin out?

What do you want Trump to provide that Obama won't? What had Hillary promised Ukraine when she was Secty of State?

Trump just started getting classified briefings, Hillary has had them all along. What's her excuse?

I see you didn't bother to address the fact that Trump seemed to think Putin wasn't in the Ukraine.

And that Crimea was part of Russia, even though the US (and most nations) don't recognize that fact.

I don't get security briefings, and *I* know that!

Yeah...his main Russia advisor is a guy who has significant investments in Gazprom.

Trump & Putin. Yes, It's Really a Thing

That's disqualifying.

An Hun.

The headline on the website Pravda trumpeted President Vladimir V. Putin’s latest coup, its nationalistic fervor recalling an era when its precursor served as the official mouthpiece of the Kremlin: “Russian Nuclear Energy Conquers the World.”

The article, in January 2013, detailed how the Russian atomic energy agency, Rosatom, had taken over a Canadian company with uranium-mining stakes stretching from Central Asia to the American West. The deal made Rosatom one of the world’s largest uranium producers and brought Mr. Putin closer to his goal of controlling much of the global uranium supply chain.

But the untold story behind that story is one that involves not just the Russian president, but also a former American president and a woman who would like to be the next one.

At the heart of the tale are several men, leaders of the Canadian mining industry, who have been major donors to the charitable endeavors of former President Bill Clinton and his family. Members of that group built, financed and eventually sold off to the Russians a company that would become known as Uranium One.

Beyond mines in Kazakhstan that are among the most lucrative in the world, the sale gave the Russians control of one-fifth of all uranium production capacity in the United States. Since uranium is considered a strategic asset, with implications for national security, the deal had to be approved by a committee composed of representatives from a number of United States government agencies. Among the agencies that eventually signed off was the State Department, then headed by Mr. Clinton’s wife, Hillary Rodham Clinton.

As the Russians gradually assumed control of Uranium One in three separate transactions from 2009 to 2013, Canadian records show, a flow of cash made its way to the Clinton Foundation. Uranium One’s chairman used his family foundation to make four donations totaling $2.35 million. Those contributions were not publicly disclosed by the Clintons, despite an agreement Mrs. Clinton had struck with the Obama White House to publicly identify all donors. Other people with ties to the company made donations as well.

And shortly after the Russians announced their intention to acquire a majority stake in Uranium One, Mr. Clinton received $500,000 for a Moscow speech from a Russian investment bank with links to the Kremlin that was promoting Uranium One stock.

67205010d1469976499-trump-turned-us-foreign-policy-consensus-upside-down-clinton-and-giustra-jpg

Frank Giustra, right, a mining financier, has donated $31.3 million
to the foundation run by former President Bill Clinton, left.

At the time, both Rosatom and the United States government made promises intended to ease concerns about ceding control of the company’s assets to the Russians. Those promises have been repeatedly broken, records show.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/u...ssed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html?_r=0

Then so should this be.

Last edited:

All one has to ask oneself was this decision by SoS and the other members of the Committee on Foreign Investment In the United States (CFIUS). Was this decision in the best interests of the US nation and there by in the best interests of the US electorate? In this case I'd have to say no, it wasn't.

Peter Schweizer, author of Clinton Cash: The Untold Story of How and Why Foreign Governments and Businesses Helped Make Bill and Hillary Rich, tells Breitbart News Daily on SiriusXM with host Stephen K. Bannon about the uranium deal that helped make the Clintons rich – and left Russia controlling a large portion of America’s strategic uranium supply.

Peter Schweizer: Uranium Deal Was ‘Win-Win-Win’ for Clintons, Canadian Financiers, Vladimir Putin; ‘Losers Are the American People’

All one has to ask is did this deal "left Russia controlling a large portion of America’s strategic uranium supply" ? The answer seems to be yes to this.

Is leaving the Russians in control of large portions of the US uranium supply in the best interests of the US or its electorate? The answer to this would seem to be no.

So it's no surprise really that the electorate is pissed off at this bad deal. I'd chalk it up politicians negotiating and deciding these things.

All one has to ask oneself was this decision by SoS and the other members of the Committee on Foreign Investment In the United States (CFIUS). Was this decision in the best interests of the US nation and there by in the best interests of the US electorate? In this case I'd have to say no, it wasn't.

All one has to ask is did this deal "left Russia controlling a large portion of America’s strategic uranium supply" ? The answer seems to be yes to this.

Is leaving the Russians in control of large portions of the US uranium supply in the best interests of the US or its electorate? The answer to this would seem to be no.

So it's no surprise really that the electorate is pissed off at this bad deal. I'd chalk it up politicians negotiating and deciding these things.

So in all this, and other similar deals, why is it that Hill & Bill keep walking away with millions? I thought public service wasn't supposed to look like self-service.

Yeah, with decisions like in Hillary's resume, I don't think that it's wise vote Hillary into the office of POTUS.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom