• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

How Trump Turned the US Foreign-Policy Consensus Upside-Down

That's pretty good.

Check me if I'm wrong, but didn't Haliburton actually render services to the government?

I think I'd be struggling to find out what services The Clinton Foundation, or the Clinton campaign manager rendered to the government.

So I'd be inclined to call this a prime example of Crony Capitalism. Isn't that one of Hillary's talking points, ending Crony Capitalism. Kinda hard to do if you are the one that's benefiting from it, isn't it?

Well, they are rated 'A" by Charitywatch'.

But I guess a Gish Gallop works when you want to pretend that Donald Trump doesnt have advisors with close ties to Putin, didnt change the GOP platform to specifically benefit Putin, and seems to have no idea that Putin is fighting in the Ukraine, or that the US does not recognize Crimea as a part of Russia.

That's pretty good.

Check me if I'm wrong, but didn't Haliburton actually render services to the government?

I think I'd be struggling to find out what services The Clinton Foundation, or the Clinton campaign manager rendered to the government.

So I'd be inclined to call this a prime example of Crony Capitalism. Isn't that one of Hillary's talking points, ending Crony Capitalism. Kinda hard to do if you are the one that's benefiting from it, isn't it?

By your logic the entire Iraq war was waged purely to benefit the VP's company stock. Now that is crony capitalism at it's best and 1000's died to fulfill Cheney's retirement fund.

By your logic the entire Iraq war was waged purely to benefit the VP's company stock. Now that is crony capitalism at it's best and 1000's died to fulfill Cheney's retirement fund.

No, that'd be your logic.

We can re-litigate the reasons why Bush, his administration, and a very long list of both Democrat and Republican congressmen all agreed to invade Iraq, based on credible intelligence reports collaborated by intelligence reports from other nation's intelligence services. So, no, your logic is flawed on that.

However, it's hard to ignore that where ever the Clintons go, scandals are sure to follow, and in the process of their 'public' (self) service, they've not only become millionaires themselves (flat broke my ass), but have also managed to fund their foundation (slush fund) to the tune of around $2B, donations to which appear to get the deals that you wanted from the SoS and anything she was involved in, which, present financial wins to her cronies.

That all of this is on the up and up, it's just too large a ball of **** to swallow.

Had any other than Hill & Bill been pulling this ****, say any Republican, the left end of the political spectrum would be screaming bloody murder, and rightfully so. But, because Hillary is 'Too Big To Jail', because she's a protected political elite, the fix in the FBI and DOJ is already in.

And no, I don't have an irrational hate for anyone. I have a severe distrust of Hill & Bill, and this is rightfully deserved.

You will note that I do not descend to rank name calling, nor make rude or lewd comments about their lives, or fidelity to each other. All that doesn't matter. However, the points that I raise are legitimate points, even if you can't or won't see it.

No, that'd be your logic.

We can re-litigate the reasons why Bush, his administration, and a very long list of both Democrat and Republican congressmen all agreed to invade Iraq, based on credible intelligence reports collaborated by intelligence reports from other nation's intelligence services. So, no, your logic is flawed on that.

However, it's hard to ignore that where ever the Clintons go, scandals are sure to follow, and in the process of their 'public' (self) service, they've not only become millionaires themselves (flat broke my ass), but have also managed to fund their foundation (slush fund) to the tune of around $2B, donations to which appear to get the deals that you wanted from the SoS and anything she was involved in, which, present financial wins to her cronies.

That all of this is on the up and up, it's just too large a ball of **** to swallow.

Had any other than Hill & Bill been pulling this ****, say any Republican, the left end of the political spectrum would be screaming bloody murder, and rightfully so. But, because Hillary is 'Too Big To Jail', because she's a protected political elite, the fix in the FBI and DOJ is already in.

And no, I don't have an irrational hate for anyone. I have a severe distrust of Hill & Bill, and this is rightfully deserved.

You will note that I do not descend to rank name calling, nor make rude or lewd comments about their lives, or fidelity to each other. All that doesn't matter. However, the points that I raise are legitimate points, even if you can't or won't see it.

I am not surprised at you attitude at all. A lot of time and money has gone into smearing the Clinton's and yet Hillary is still poised to be the 1st Woman President. It appears the right was correct to fear the Clinton's they just couldn't make the case no matter how hard they tried or how many times they lied. Now ask yourself how that has come to be? Are they just too smart for all that firepower? Maybe that is not a bad thing. Intelligence is not a bad trait for a President.

Last edited:
I am not surprised at you attitude at all. A lot of time and money has gone into smearing the Clinton's and yet Hillary is still poised to be the 1st Woman President. It appears the right was correct to fear the Clinton's they just couldn't make the case no matter how hard they tried or how many times they lied. Now ask yourself how that has come to be? Are they just too smart for all that firepower? Maybe that is not a bad thing. Intelligence is not a bad trait for a President.

Corruption certainly isn't a good trait for a president. All the more reason to not elect Hillary to POTUS, as she most certainly is corrupt.

Corruption certainly isn't a good trait for a president. All the more reason to not elect Hillary to POTUS, as she most certainly is corrupt.

If you believe all the stuff that has been written I can see why you would make that conclusion. For the rest of us it is nothing but hype. Maybe it is because of the old story about the boy who cried wolf, but the case is not made for most of us. No one is perfect but no one is the spawn of Satan that the Clinton's have been portrayed as by the Right either.

If you believe all the stuff that has been written I can see why you would make that conclusion. For the rest of us it is nothing but hype. Maybe it is because of the old story about the boy who cried wolf, but the case is not made for most of us. No one is perfect but no one is the spawn of Satan that the Clinton's have been portrayed as by the Right either.

I can understand why you would think that "it is nothing but hype", and no, I don't think that "spawn of Satan that the Clinton's" are claimed to be.

There just been far too much, shall we say, inaccurate statements they've made over the course of the years, some under oath and some not, some to the public, and some not, that there is most certainly a well justified trust deficit with Hill & Bill. The suspicion they are receiving is one they've earned themselves with their actions and decisions.

I can understand why you would think that "it is nothing but hype", and no, I don't think that "spawn of Satan that the Clinton's" are claimed to be.

There just been far too much, shall we say, inaccurate statements they've made over the course of the years, some under oath and some not, some to the public, and some not, that there is most certainly a well justified trust deficit with Hill & Bill. The suspicion they are receiving is one they've earned themselves with their actions and decisions.

The question I have is why is Hillary subjecting herself to the stress of being elected and fulfilling the duties of President? Surely she is not doing it for the money. Aren't they already rich from all the "shady deals" they have made? You don't think their political ambitions might be the reason for all the partisan efforts to smear them? Or do you believe it is all because of good Samaritans that have nothing but love of country behind their efforts? Before you answer you might want to remember that even House Republicans admitted that the Benghazi hearings were all an effort to lower Hillary's poll numbers.

Last edited:
....and that he demands results now when he can take credit rather than use longer range planning that might help his successor.

Hmm, that's funny; there's a new book out by an FP wonk characterizing Obama's strategy as being especially long-game, largely eschewing temporary concerns. :shrug:

The question I have is why is Hillary subjecting herself to the stress of being elected and fulfilling the duties of President? Surely she is not doing it for the money. Aren't they already rich from all the "shady deals" they have made? You don't think their political ambitions might be the reason for all the partisan efforts to smear them?

Hillary's political ambitions might be it. But isn't it hard to tell any candidates motivation for running? Could also be that she believes she's entitled to the office because 'it's her turn'.

Or do you believe it is all because of good Samaritans that have nothing but love of country behind their efforts? Before you answer you might want to remember that even House Republicans admitted that the Benghazi hearings were all an effort to lower Hillary's poll numbers.

Funny how those 'good Samaritans' keep getting piles of cash for their 'public' (self) service.

Simpleχity;1066146690 said:
How Trump Turned the US Foreign-Policy Consensus Upside-Down

The Republican nominee doesn’t just disagree with Democrats—his ideas represent a break with a long list of policies that have won bipartisan support for decades....

defense-large.jpg

I vehemently disagree with Trump on his by-the-seat-of-my-pants-foreign-policy, NATO/Alliances, Russia, nuclear proliferation, cyber security, torture, and his xenophobia.
It's worse than that. Trump isn't just forming policy "seat of the pants," he's forming it from ignorance and doesn't care that he's ignorant. Last Sunday on Meet the Press, Trump said that Russia wouldn't invade the Ukraine under a Trump Admin, not realizing that Russia already invaded.

Well, I there is a game so long it's irrelevant!

I don't know how you'd characterize the pivot, for instance, as anything other than long game positioning. East asia - China - is irrelevant? Hmm, interesting...

Back
Top Bottom