• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How to TWERK (like Miley)

Great video to send to a teenage daughter/grand daughter.

That should be a public service message shown on all channels!

Btw WCH, wish I could double like that.

She dances a bit like this...

Yeah, I know. One day they're learning to twerk, and before you know it, they're learning The Twist

The video isn't what you expect - this is one you have to watch to get the point.

Yeah, I know. One day they're learning to twerk, and before you know it, they're learning The Twist

I'm taking this comment to mean you find the message of a young woman respecting herself to be archaic. If so, I can't think of a time in our history when more positive messages like this are needed. Today with almost 50% of young girls growing up in fatherless homes, many end up becoming needy and make bad choices looking for love/attention in all the wrong places. Why? They missed out on that first positive relationship with a male being their father. Loving fathers are the best teachers in a young girls life in re-affirming her self worth. So videos like this one can be a very positive thing to many.

I'm taking this comment to mean you find the message of a young woman respecting herself to be archaic. If so, I can't think of a time in our history when more positive messages like this are needed.

I don't think messages about respecting oneself are ever needed if they're going to come from a woman in a low cut top, picking her nose and shaking her hips for all the world to see.

Sounds like either you didn't watch the video, or only saw what you wanted to see.

I don't quite buy that moving my body in a certain way means I don't respect myself. :confused:

To be like Miley, you must first be injected by whatever variation of the T virus this poor bastard got juiced up with:
image.jpg

Okay, I certainly didn't like Miley's performance either, but this lady sounds seriously preachy and prudish too. I don't see why people should take her any more seriously than Miley.

And here she is on video sticking her ass out and then says she only shows her husband. What? Just because she didn't wiggle it around? ;)

It's not Miley's lame attempt at twerking which aggravated people, it was the reptile-like tongue thing she kept doing. Cyrus looked like a frog catching flies.

It's not Miley's lame attempt at twerking which aggravated people, it was the reptile-like tongue thing she kept doing. Cyrus looked like a frog catching flies.

I agree. Her entire performance was just weird. I'm just hopeful she isn't under the impression that walking around with her tongue hanging out is in any way attractive. It just isn't. :lol:

I agree. Her entire performance was just weird. I'm just hopeful she isn't under the impression that walking around with her tongue hanging out is in any way attractive. It just isn't. :lol:
This is worth a look. I got a nice chuckle out of it.

Back
Top Bottom