• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How To Turn The Hispanic Tide Toward The GOP

ChezC3

Relentless Thinking Fury
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The simple, most effective way to turn the tide of hispanic voters toward the GOP is to simply show them how their own corrupt, oppressive native governments --which they ran from or their parents and grandparants ran from -- are lock and step with not only the Obama Administration but the DNC entirely.

You can even use DNC proxies for sources. How many parallels in this article -- which shows the corruption in Mexican government -- can you find a similar for instance to by any member of the DNC?

Mexico Corruption: State Government Scandals Reveal Lack Of Disclosure, Enforcement

Pound it home, show no shame, make the connections, and it's via con dios Dems and beunos diaz Republicanas!

The Republicans are definitely corruption free.

The Republicans are definitely corruption free.

Well that was very original thinking but the voting public has a short term memory and all the scandals right now are the Dems.

Guns for Cartels, Government intimidation of opposition groups, government refusal to investigate and prosecute suspected illegal activity done by members of the government, members found guilty of embezzlement, just to name a few...

All DNC corruption all the time. How's that option chain Hillary? What's Monica up to these days? Vast Right Wing Conspiracy? Hillarycare it made Obamacare possible, Jesse Jackson Jr is from your state, no? Didn't show him the right way to embezzle money without getting caught? Oh, hello Obama You had a chit chat with the IRS go to person for screwing over Tea Party groups two days before she set guidelines to screw them over, that was a coinkie dink? What you won't force Holder to investigate? You won't force him to take responsibility for sending guns to kill Mexican fathers, mothers and daughters? What was that Hillary? Huma was moon-light lobbying while working on your staff?

This is just an appetizer...

Or we can promise to treat them as Italians under the law--a lot have the same features. I
will have to ask Jerry Rivers about how well that works.

I don't agree with the premise of this OP. In my view, I believe that the vast majority of hispanic illegals and those in the US legally came to the US solely for the purpose of creating a good life for themselves and their families and they likely all got good word about how terrific the US is from relatives and friends who found their way to America before them.

That said, I think the best way to have hispanics consider and vote for the GOP is for the GOP to get back to actually standing for something consistent - the Democrats have a lock on flitting around the shiniest light source and promising the moon at every turn. Republicans need only convince hispanics that they are consistently for lower taxes, less government, greater opportunity and respect for the personal, private lives of all individuals. If they get back to basic principles they won't need gimmicks to get the votes, they'll get them naturally.

The simple, most effective way to turn the tide of hispanic voters toward the GOP is to simply show them how their own corrupt, oppressive native governments --which they ran from or their parents and grandparants ran from -- are lock and step with not only the Obama Administration but the DNC entirely.

You can even use DNC proxies for sources. How many parallels in this article -- which shows the corruption in Mexican government -- can you find a similar for instance to by any member of the DNC?

Mexico Corruption: State Government Scandals Reveal Lack Of Disclosure, Enforcement

Pound it home, show no shame, make the connections, and it's via con dios Dems and beunos diaz Republicanas!

Yes..and just how do you think we will look when its pointed out that Hispanics not only immigrated from nations NOT corrupt or oppressive... but are descended from folks that were originally in California, Arizona, Texas, etc before the US took the region from mexico.?

Its this kind of ignorance that has alienated and continues to alienate the Hispanic population.

I showed this post to my neighbors, Tomas, Muhammed, Juan and Pedro. They said that they were shocked, absolutely shocked by the Monica scandal and they promised me they will never vote for Obama again.

But Watergate seems to be troubling them:roll:

List of federal political scandals in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Guns for Cartels, Government intimidation of opposition groups, government refusal to investigate and prosecute suspected illegal activity done by members of the government, members found guilty of embezzlement, just to name a few...

All DNC corruption all the time. How's that option chain Hillary? What's Monica up to these days? Vast Right Wing Conspiracy? Hillarycare it made Obamacare possible, Jesse Jackson Jr is from your state, no? Didn't show him the right way to embezzle money without getting caught? Oh, hello Obama You had a chit chat with the IRS go to person for screwing over Tea Party groups two days before she set guidelines to screw them over, that was a coinkie dink? What you won't force Holder to investigate? You won't force him to take responsibility for sending guns to kill Mexican fathers, mothers and daughters? What was that Hillary? Huma was moon-light lobbying while working on your staff?

This is just an appetizer...

Yes..and just how do you think we will look when its pointed out that Hispanics not only immigrated from nations NOT corrupt or oppressive... but are descended from folks that were originally in California, Arizona, Texas, etc before the US took the region from mexico.?

Its this kind of ignorance that has alienated and continues to alienate the Hispanic population.

who is pointing that out? :lamo

You're under the impression that voters of any stripe have the attention span greater than a cocker spaniel...

You think Obama won on substance? Oh, my my....

You got to get down and dirty...

I don't agree with the premise of this OP. In my view, I believe that the vast majority of hispanic illegals and those in the US legally came to the US solely for the purpose of creating a good life for themselves and their families and they likely all got good word about how terrific the US is from relatives and friends who found their way to America before them.

That said, I think the best way to have hispanics consider and vote for the GOP is for the GOP to get back to actually standing for something consistent - the Democrats have a lock on flitting around the shiniest light source and promising the moon at every turn. Republicans need only convince hispanics that they are consistently for lower taxes, less government, greater opportunity and respect for the personal, private lives of all individuals. If they get back to basic principles they won't need gimmicks to get the votes, they'll get them naturally.

Right now the Democrat party is the best thing the GOP has going for it.

A couple of more years existing in Obama's economy, maybe a few more Blue Municipal bankruptcy's, it wont take much convincing to bring them over to the side of Right.

Yes..and just how do you think we will look
when its pointed out that Hispanics not only immigrated from nations NOT corrupt or oppressive... but are descended from folks that were originally in California, Arizona, Texas, etc before the US took the region from mexico.?

Oh well then we'll tear up the Treaty of Guadalupe, rename Texas " Los Estado de Santa Anna ", wait 5 years, and then we'll ALL imigrate illegally into the New United States.

Wow, being a Texan I can hardly wait !!

texas really doesnt belong in that list for many descendants.

both the spanish and the mexican governments had open immigration laws for texas then,because the state was literally empty and barren,apparently no one in span or mexico really wanted it at first.later immigration for people from the united states to tejas was banned,as us immigrants were making up the bulk of the population.the ban on immigration caused a revolt among those who were already granted land and citizenship,at first wanting texas to become its own sovereign state then later its own country,while mexico really only wanted tejas because it was part of santa anas plan to build mexico as a single unified country.

california and arizona had lots of gold,timber and other recources,it makes sense why they want them back,but texas was originally spanish then later mexican territory no one wanted until itgot filled with people from the united states.

Yeah I think the GOP should work hard to get Latino votes by bashing Mexico. Good idea. Run with it.

The GOP would likely get more Hispanic support if they went back to being the party that represented opportunity, personal freedom and economic mobility; all of these are reasons why people immigrated to the US.

Reagan, GHWB and GWB had pretty solid Hispanic support so it's not impossible.

I know quite a few Hispanics who believe that the GOP is racist, and until the Republican party overcomes that label, they will have no chance at all with the Hispanic vote. From my point of view, I do not believe the GOP to be racist, but it has fallen hard since the days that George Bush courted Hispanics, and actually got decent numbers from that bloc. I can be done again, but Republicans are going to have to roll up their sleeves and work hard to overcome the image that it's major constituency is a bunch of angry old white men.

I think the dems are able to garner more votes from Latinos for many primary reasons. They are willing to pay for votes: through more entitlement programs aimed at Latinos. They allow them to get away with breaking laws, like in my state where even though they know that many illegals are driving without insurance or licenses, they changed the laws which would have put a stop to it, allowing them to continue driving illegally and uninsured. They know full well that 2 million illegals are illegally claiming non-existent dependents on taxes, in order to get thousands of dollars in taxpayer funded child credits, to the tune of 2 billion dollars a year, yet instead of doing anything about it, the IRS is too busy hassling the Tea Party. They are willing to discriminate against other races, in favor of Latinos, giving them an unfair advantage against some other races who are also discriminated against.

But what could be the #1 reason that most Latinos vote for dems, is the same reason most blacks do..... Because the media, many liberals, the corrupt 'so called civil rights groups', and the dems work VERY hard to completely demonize conservatives and rep's, and anyone who disagrees with leftist policies. These people are routinely called racists, and the Latino community is constantly being told by these leftist groups that reps ARE racists, who want to enslave them in poverty, discriminate against them, etc. The shame is, that they believe it....... Then, they become victims of the real victimizers........ and millions of them never get ahead.... making them perpetually dependent, and perpetually voting for dems.

Last edited:
I think the dems are able to garner more votes from Latinos for many primary reasons. They are willing to pay for votes: through more entitlement programs aimed at Latinos. They allow them to get away with breaking laws, like in my state where even though they know that many illegals are driving without insurance or licenses, they changed the laws which would have put a stop to it, allowing them to continue driving illegally and uninsured. They know full well that 2 million illegals are illegally claiming non-existent dependents on taxes, in order to get thousands of dollars in taxpayer funded child credits, to the tune of 2 billion dollars a year, yet instead of doing anything about it, the IRS is too busy hassling the Tea Party. They are willing to discriminate against other races, in favor of Latinos, giving them an unfair advantage against some other races who are also discriminated against.

But what could be the #1 reason that most Latinos vote for dems, is the same reason most blacks do..... Because the media, liberal school teachers, the corrupt 'so called civil rights groups', and the dems work VERY hard to completely demonize conservatives and rep's, and anyone who disagrees with leftist policies. These people are routinely called racists, and the Latino community is constantly being told by these leftist groups that reps ARE racists, who want to enslave them in poverty, discriminate against them, etc. The shame is, that they believe it....... Then, they become victims of the real victimizers........ and millions of them never get ahead.... making them perpetually dependent, and perpetually voting for dems.

I don't buy what you are shoveling. Got a citation from a reputable source? If so, then please post it.

Last edited:
I know quite a few Hispanics who believe that the GOP is racist, and until the Republican party overcomes that label, they will have no chance at all with the Hispanic vote. From my point of view, I do not believe the GOP to be racist, but it has fallen hard since the days that George Bush courted Hispanics, and actually got decent numbers from that bloc. I can be done again, but Republicans are going to have to roll up their sleeves and work hard to overcome the image that it's major constituency is a bunch of angry old white men.

That label is a result of a false Democrat narrative pushed and pushed again. They can't overcome a image that first, doesn't apply and second is foisted upon them by Democrats.

If only those Hispanic people knew more of our National History.

I don't buy it.

Thats certainly your choice, but the fact is, the local dems found out that the police were putting out a city notice telling people they could no longer register their cars out of state, and had a certain number of days to properly register their cars in state. They had not yet run the license plates, but it was obvious that a LOT of people were not registering their cars legally. So, immediately, the local Latino community leaders(dems), started claiming this was racial discrimination because it would effect Latinos more than any other race, even though the police had no idea who these people were("ill get back to that).

So the Latino community was whipped up in a fury by these latino leaders, and they threatened boycots, and no more political support, unless the long lived ordinance was lifted, allowing them to continue to drive with their cars illegally registered. Not too surprisingly, the town dem leaders caved in, and repealed the ordinance, pandering to the Latino community.

Thing was, it made no sense NOT to register your car in this state, because it cheaper and easier than in surrounding states, due to zero sales tax on your car, and less stringent rules. So it made no sense for these people to register their cars elsewhere. Turns out, the reason they were, was because if they bought these cars in De, the previous owner MUST remove the license plate, and return it to motor vehicle. So, the illegals instead bought their cars in surrounding states, left the previous owners' plates and inspection stickers on the cars, and just drove them without ever properly registering them, because that would have been impossible due to the fact they dont have drivers licenses or insurance!

So, even if the police would have run these tags at the beginning, they would NOT have been able to find out who was REALLY driving these cars now, because they were still registered to the previous owners! So there was NO discrimination here, which was proved by the last fact^, and these corrupt leaders were simply trying to keep their 'future' constituents happy by allowing them to continue driving illegally!

Any other questions?

Secondly, here's the link to the child credit fact you disputed: Illegal aliens get billions in tax credits from IRS for relatives back in Mexico - Washington DC SCOTUS | Examiner.com

Do you find it hard to believe that the dems could be involved in corruption?

I showed this post to my neighbors, Tomas, Muhammed, Juan and Pedro. They said that they were shocked, absolutely shocked by the Monica scandal and they promised me they will never vote for Obama again.

But Watergate seems to be troubling them:roll:

List of federal political scandals in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Was it lost in the translation what the message was that was being conveyed? That being a woman knowing full well her husband's a whore but wants to shuck the blame on a "vast right wing conspiracy" Now fast forwarding to her sitting as a member of the current administration, and you know, actually taking part in what is looking more and more by the day as an actual conspiracy against Americans in general and the GOP specifically.

My English no good? or your critical thinking skills perhaps? Si or non?

and yet Democrats bash China all the time and still get the Asian vote....I wonder how that can be?

I don't. First Democrats don't "bash" China. You're projecting. Second China is a super power with 2500 years of civilization behind it. So nobody would take such bashing that seriously. Third, there is a long history of conservatives bashing Mexico and Latinos, so more bashing is probably the last thing that will endear them to Latinos.

But go for it. I'm all for this wonderful new plan of the GOP. It's like the plan of telling blacks how stupid they are for not voting for GOP and tax cuts for the wealthy.

The GOP would likely get more Hispanic support if they went back to being the party that represented opportunity, personal freedom and economic mobility; all of these are reasons why people immigrated to the US.

Reagan, GHWB and GWB had pretty solid Hispanic support so it's not impossible.

Neocon neocon go away...

That story is nice but it won't hold up against Dem swag bags being handed out as they cross the border.

Heck, all the Republican politicians should follow in this guy's footsteps.

'It is not complimentary to compare a group of immigrants to animals' - The Maddow Blog

In this case, when King wasn't on the defensive, denying an ugly comparison that he clearly made in public, he was condemning immigration reform and arguing that if Congress approves the Dream Act, "we have failed our founding fathers and we have diminished the destiny of this nation."

In other words, as the debate over immigration policy takes center stage, and the eyes on Latino voters watch developments closely, Steve King -- Steve King! -- accepts an interview request from Univision, insults the audience, and gets into an argument with a widely respected host about his analogy comparing immigrants to dogs.

This, of course, comes against the backdrop of the RNC's "rebranding" campaign and the party's outreach to the Latino community.

I'm sure behaving like this will ensure the Latino vote goes to Republican candidates.

Back
Top Bottom