• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How To Talk To Anti Gun People

I am ready any time you are..
Lets hear how your position differs substantially from any of the gun control advocates that have posted on dp.
Waiting for your apology for pretending you can speak for me and other people you disagree with.

Review the conversation. You did it over and over and I politely called you on it repeatedly. I was patient with you to a point.

So if you can apologize and promise to not do it in the future, maybe.

We are not talking about the same thing.

Alaska's DMV: "You must bring documents to verify your name, lawful status, and physical address."
California DMV: "What's your name?"

Asking someone their name is not proof of identity no matter how you try to spin it.
You are lying again.

Lol.

You jumped in too late. The exchange didn't start with that post.

If you are going to jump in at least familiarize yourself with the conversation first.....you know.....so you don't make a fool of yourself.

But I am sure he appreciates your 'big brother' protection though.
I will go back with arrows just so far, so excuse the **** outta me. I came in today where I came in and yeah we do sorta stick up just like the gun haters do.

Waiting for your apology for pretending you can speak for me and other people you disagree with.

Review the conversation. You did it over and over and I politely called you on it repeatedly. I was patient with you to a point.

So if you can apologize and promise to not do it in the future, maybe.
Well..when you provide how your position differs substantially differs from other gun control advocates..
And provide how I specifically singled you out erroneously instead of discussing gun control advocates in general..
Well then
I'll be happy to apologize..

Let's hear it.. we await with bated breath.

Well..when you provide how your position differs substantially differs from other gun control advocates..
And provide how I specifically singled you out erroneously instead of discussing gun control advocates in general..
Well then
I'll be happy to apologize..

Let's hear it.. we await with bated breath.
See post 426

Exactly..
You provide nothing specific ..
Again..post 430.
I'll be happy to apologize.
As I said. If you apologize maybe we can continue. Not until then.

As I said. If you apologize maybe we can continue. Not until then.
You get the disconnect you are making right..
You want me to apologize for misrepresenting your position while refusing to state what position I misrepresented.

So you want me to guess your position..
After claiming I erroneously guessed your position..
Lmao.

You get the disconnect you are making right..
You want me to apologize for misrepresenting your position while refusing to state what position I misrepresented.
Review.

It's not a mystery. I politely called you on putting words in my mouth and telling me what I think at least half a dozen times.

Weren't you paying attention?

Review. It's all right there in black and white.

Review.

It's not a mystery. I politely called you on putting words in my mouth and telling me what I think at least half a dozen times.

Weren't you paying attention?

Review. It's all right there in black and white.
Yes..you CLAIMED.. I did such but provided no specific examples of it.
I would simply like for you to provide those specific instances in which your position differs substantially from the gun control advocates..and where I specifically and erroneously singled you out as having those positions..

Since according to you ..I did this repeatedly..then surely you can provide at least one specific example..
I have asked multiple times.
One should know what one is apologizing for..don't you think.

So let's hear it....

I think this was the one originally voted down (we actually had a vote) then overturned by the legislature.
You said " I get reams of paperwork and the illegal is basically asked just that "(what's your name).

No that isn't at all how it works.

Yes..you CLAIMED.. I did such but provided no specific examples of it.
Dude. You are just playing games. Each time I called you on it it was in direct response to you doing it......what I was referring to couldn't have been more clear.

You said " I get reams of paperwork and the illegal is basically asked just that "(what's your name).

No that isn't at all how it works.
Yeah I said that though it could be somewhat figuratively but we won't dwell on it. My paperwork is birth certificates, SS# you name it, when I COULD just show my drivers license and yes get two or three pages of their paperwork to complete.
We need a god damned sarcasm button.

Dude. You are just playing games. Each time I called you on it it was in direct response to you doing it......what I was referring to couldn't have been more clear.
The only one playing games is you.
This is how many times I have asked for you to give a specific example..
Cripes..if it was so clear..
THEN IT SHOULD BE EASY FOR YOU TO PROVIDE AN EXAMPLE!!!
I am not even asking for a quote..just an example.
But you refuse to provide one.

Which ironically just goes to support my contention that gun control advocates " nuanced" positions are simply to avoid actual scrutiny on the logic behind their positions.

So..lets hear it..again we wait with bated breath.

Same reason we have speed limits. More guns means more guns for bad guys as well as good ones. You guys don’t want serious background checks and licensing, which makes it easier for bad guys to get guns too. It’s a vicious cycle.
The vast majority of guns in the USA are owned by good people.

"
Nope, some of the most gun friendly states are also some of the states with the lowest crime rates. Citation or proof, please.
The state with the lowest violent crime rate is Maine followed by New Hampshire, both of which are very gun friendly states.

The District of Columbia, although not technically a state, has a higher violent crime rate then all 50 states and also has some of the strictest gun control in the country.

But, most of the non-friendly gun states have lower deaths by guns. https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/gun-deaths-by-state
You do realize most of those gun deaths are suicides?

The state with the lowest violent crime rate is Maine followed by New Hampshire, both of which are very gun friendly states.

The District of Columbia, although not technically a state, has a higher violent crime rate then all 50 states and also has some of the strictest gun control in the country.

You do realize most of those gun deaths are suicides?
Yet these gun friendly states have the highest murder rates.

Mississippi20.5
Louisiana19.9
Alabama14.2
Missouri14
Arkansas13
South Carolina12.7
Tennessee11.5
Maryland11.4

Yet these gun friendly states have the highest murder rates.

Mississippi20.5
Louisiana19.9
Alabama14.2
Missouri14
Arkansas13
South Carolina12.7I
Tennessee11.5
Maryland11.4

Illinois comes in at 9th according to that source, with a rate of 11.2. Generally accepted as one of the more gun un-friendly states.

What makes you think Maryland is that gun friendly? A Maryland resident needs a permit to purchase a handgun.

Illinois comes in at 9th according to that source, with a rate of 11.2. Generally accepted as one of the more gun un-friendly states.

What makes you think Maryland is that gun friendly? A Maryland resident needs a permit to purchase a handgun.
Lol.

Look at the top seven then. Highest murder rates in the country and totally gun friendly.

Kind of screws up DebateChallenge's point.

Lol.

Look at the top seven then. Highest murder rates in the country and totally gun friendly.

Kind of screws up DebateChallenge's point.

There isn't a great deal of difference between a rate of 11.5 and a rate of 11.4, or even 11.2. Tennessee, Maryland, and Illinois all have virtually the same homicide rate, according to your source. But of course, you want to edit your source to tell your narrative. If "gun friendly" is the controlling factor for a high homicide rate, then how do two "gun un-friendly" states find themselves right in the hunt? Well...they don't, once they're edited out. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom