• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

How to make Trump supporters STFU!

If you state online that you hate a certain institution, and threaten to "kill all those bastards", and you do it more than once, should you be called on it in any way?

Who's talking about "the Republicans"?

I'm talking about Trump's awful, unAmerican, authoritarian attitude toward Americans' fundamental rights

Trump is a republican who runs in the Republican Party. As bad as you think Trump is on gun rights the Democrats are worse.

You get one of the other you want one that's bad or do you want one that's worse? Also do you want one that will appoint judges that might appeal his decisions while after he's out of office or do you want one that will stand by them long after he's out of office?

In this issue it is a least worst scenario. Frankly I think anyone who doesn't repeal gun control act of 1934 violating our constitutional rights.

If you state online that you hate a certain institution, and threaten to "kill all those bastards", and you do it more than once, should you be called on it in any way?

I believe that's called a terroristic threat and you can be arrested for it. Whether or not it should merit you losing your firearms depends.

The answer to the question in red is: Usually from social media.
Facebook pops into the police station and starts sharing profile info?

**** no.

A human person brings the information to the cops.

The cops don't need to have a warrant or hold a hearing.
They just make a decision to violate Amnericans' 2nd Amendment rights and run with it in Trumps' world.

Do you have a personal issue with this?
Do you not?

How can not take issue with a PotUS who explicitly says the govt should violate the 2nd Amendment?

That's the question I've been asking and getting no answer for.

Figure it's a slippery slope into total gun confiscation? Sure, it could be abused, like many other laws- FISA courts for example.
**** total gun confiscation

It is a direct and explicit threat to Americans' 2nd Amendment rights whether it's implemented piecemeal or en masse.

There're more things to worry about in re gun rights than just "total gun confiscation"

by taking more liberty away without justifying it in any way.
Taking more.
so if we don't hook for Trump and Biden gets elected and take some more of her rights away how is that better? Who else is there to vote for?

Has Biden ever said he's in favor of taking guns w/o due process?

Trump supporters have zero answer for Trump's gun grabbing fantasies
because they refuse to acknowledge the reality of what Trump is.

So they search for a script, but have none.
So they stfu

Somehow "in any way" is now the equivalent of the govt taking away your guns when the govt lacks the right to do so?

Trump is a republican who runs in the Republican Party. As bad as you think Trump is on gun rights the Democrats are worse.
Democrats in the Roosevelt Room w/ Trump sppoke of respecting Americans' right in re guns.
Trump spoke against respecting Americans' rights.

Did Biden ever say he was in favor of taking Americans' guns when the govt lacks the right to?

If not, I'd guess Biden is like most every other national politician in realizing that the govt must respect Americans' 2nd Amendment rights.

Has Biden ever said he's in favor of taking guns w/o due process?
Biden says and does some crazy things meaning I don't think he's cognitively in control of his mental faculties. The party he represents that will control the executive branch absolutely has not just said but actively has taken away gun rights multiple times.

Trump supporters have zero answer for Trump's gun grabbing fantasies
because they refuse to acknowledge the reality of what Trump is.
this is a place where I disagree with him.

So they search for a script, but have none.
So they stfu
Or they're just not a single issue voter. What are you going to do hope for Joe Biden so Kamala Harris can take your guns away? Not vote at all and show them?

Democrats in the Roosevelt Room w/ Trump sppoke of respecting Americans' right in re guns.
Trump spoke against respecting Americans' rights.
actions speak louder than words. why don't we just have a look at California which is ruled by democrats or New York which is ruled by democrats or New Jersey which is ruled by democrats?

Democrats will say anything even if they don't believe it to try and oppose Trump. If you want to take the entirety of politics over the last 50 years and just throw them away be my guest.
Did Biden ever say he was in favor of taking Americans' guns when the govt lacks the right to?
Biden says senile crazy things. He is not in charge.
If not, I'd guess Biden is like most every other national politician in realizing that the govt must respect Americans' 2nd Amendment rights.

Well yeah I guess the assault weapons ban wasn't the thing or continuing not to repeal the gun control act of 1934. so on so forth if you think he has a clue what he's saying you have duped. If you think the party of gun control for the last 50 years is somehow better than Trump with regards to gun control you are out of your mind.

What is it going to take to get a Biden supporter to debate actual issues instead of only placing blame and spouting DNC talking points, doubt anyone from California is capable of debating actual issues as you are blinded by an ideology that has created typical liberal results, high dependence on social spending, high homeless, high poverty, rich liberal elites, poor quality of life, huge wage gap and you think Biden/Harris is the answer? ROFLMAO. the real answer is boot your radical liberals out of power and turn your legislature over the the GOP for the first time since the 60's

Hear!Hear! Especially your last sentence! Go GOP... Re-Elect Trump/Pence 2020

With just one exception... There actually are some people who live in California that will never vote for Biden/Harris and will be voting Trump/Pence.

And, They are very unhappy with what the Democrats have turned our once beautiful State into with all of those crazy ideologies that have ruined our State.

Originally was from Chicago. California was so different in a very good way from Chicago. Never have been a Democrat. Republican from my first vote until today.

Don’t own a gun but 100% in favor of Gun Ownership for Law Abiding Citizens. My preference is a traditional Long Bow and a quiver full of arrows and a bullseye target.

Took archery in High School and discovered I was a natural and I still am. Were I live in California there is an indoor archery place. My son and I shot arrows together side by side.

It was his first time and he was also a natural. I’m also rather good with a whip... like Indiana Jones. ;) Maybe some day I’ll give a gun a try...

:lamo They don’t get it... Never gonna get Trump Supports to give up “Their Right To Free Speech”!

Roseann:)

Remind them that Trump doesn't give a **** about the 2nd Amendment.

Trumpco has not given them a script for it.
So, they shut the **** up.
It's amazing.

Give it a try.

How do you square your opinion about Trump supporting the Constitution
with Trump's opinion the govt should confiscate Americans' guns
even when it lacks the right to
?

without even so much as a warrant
?

source: whitehouse.gov

Issued on: February 28, 2018​
Roosevelt Room​
3:02 P.M. EST​

"...the police saw [this guy was a] problem, they didn’t take any guns away.
I think they should have taken them ... anyway, whether they had the right or not."​

"To go to court would have taken a long time. So ...
take the guns first, go through due process second."​

The "funny" part is that people in the Roosevelt Room at the time kept reminding Trump that the govt must respect Americans' rights.
Trump was having none of that respecting Americans' rights BS.
Trump just kept on about how he wanted to violate the 2nd Amendment.

This story is from February 2018. :roll: In the 2 1/2 years since this happened, how many guns has Trump confiscated? And in what way has he violated the 2A?

Indeed, they'll never shut up no matter how many times it is pointed out they were wrong. They'll just deflect and blame and sling insults at the messenger. That playbook is tried and true at this point.

and their system of dishonor works on so many friggin people.

an interesting conclusion by whatif:
"it causes an existential crisis, not being able to select a leader properly. So they cling to the one they have and tell themselves whatever they need to tell themselves to avoid the pain and uncertainty that rejecting their leader would cause."

i would imagine that's exactly how the democrats feel right about now.

..q 20204

You are one of the people who failed to read the OP.

When people stfu because you ask them to explain their political beliefs, is the opposite of silencing people.

It's pointing out that they lack answers.

I hereby heartily encourage all Trump supporters to justify the govt taking guns from Americans when the govt lacks the right to do so.

Please, fill us the **** in.

None of ya has been willing to even try.

You read the question, fart, thread****, and then run away from the issue that Trump doesn't give a **** about Americans 2nd Amendment rights.
Not even your 2nd Amendment rights.
Interesting take.

It's always BEEN about the ego.
If you can convince the poorest and worst Trumper that they are better than the best and richest liberal, they won't care if you pick their pockets. Hell, give them somebody to look down on, and they'll empty their pockets for you.

That's all it's ever been about because that is the secret to Trump's success, which is WHY we keep hearing and seeing carbon copies of the same boilerplate rhetoric in post after post and thread after thread.
These idiots don't speak original words and they don't think original thoughts, they just bark in unison when Trump rings the bell, just like Pavlov's dogs.

I'm also reminded that they have been wailing about Roe v Wade for 40 years and it is still around. Why? Because the GOP will always make sure it doesn't go away. If it does go away, the GOP risks losing a significant slice of their constituency. Those single issue voters are such rubes.

Again, you stfu about Trump wanting the govt to take away Americans' guns when the govt lacks the right to do so.

Thread**** some more

Or address the issue at hand.

There's a lot of manufactured outrage around these days. One would think that it would be more beneficial to spend at least a little time looking for things to be happy about.

Are you another Trump supporter unable to justify Trump desire that the govt take Americans' guns when the govt lacks the right to?

Or do you actually have something to say on the matter which justifies your support for a PotUS who thinks Americans' rights are optional?

He did not say that American's rights are optional. He gave his opinion on a matter of someone who was found to be violent.

If you want to have a discussion centering on the 2nd amendment, then start one. Don't just throw out accusations that don't actually have a basis.

I'm also reminded that they have been wailing about Roe v Wade for 40 years and it is still around. Why? Because the GOP will always make sure it doesn't go away. If it does go away, the GOP risks losing a significant slice of their constituency. Those single issue voters are such rubes.
Why hasn't Roe been codified? Until it is the judiciary will be of utmost importance to both sides.

Trumps 200 or so judicial appointments give me confidence in Trump re: 2cnd ammendment and Roe.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Remind them that Trump doesn't give a **** about the 2nd Amendment.

Trumpco has not given them a script for it.
So, they shut the **** up.
It's amazing.

Give it a try.

even when it lacks the right to
?

without even so much as a warrant
?

source: whitehouse.gov

Issued on: February 28, 2018​
Roosevelt Room​
3:02 P.M. EST​

"...the police saw [this guy was a] problem, they didn’t take any guns away.
I think they should have taken them ... anyway, whether they had the right or not."​

"To go to court would have taken a long time. So ...
take the guns first, go through due process second."​

The "funny" part is that people in the Roosevelt Room at the time kept reminding Trump that the govt must respect Americans' rights.
Trump was having none of that respecting Americans' rights BS.
Trump just kept on about how he wanted to violate the 2nd Amendment.

We ask ourselves the same thing about you leftist when will they just shut up. So I tell you what.
YOu tell us when leftist will STFU and we will get back to you.

Why hasn't Roe been codified?

What are you talking about? Roe v Wade is settled law. GOP candidates have been promising to get that USSC ruling overturned (reversed) for 40 years and it hasn't happened. I've made it clear why I that is the case.

What are you talking about? Roe v Wade is settled law. GOP candidates have been promising to get that USSC ruling overturned (reversed) for 40 years and it hasn't happened. I've made it clear why I that is the case.
You can point to the bill and the vote record? Which president signed it? Could have been a lasting legacy for Obama...........

You can point to the bill and the vote record? Which president signed it? Could have been a lasting legacy for Obama...........

Roe v Wade was decided in the 1970s. Obama was still a child and not authorized to sign any bills at that time. There was no reason to sign any bill that authorized Roe v Wade during his tenure as president.

Perhaps Trump could do that, since Obama was such a dismal failure and didn't do it. He could do it by executive order, just like he is able to do away with Social Security and Medicare with a stroke of a pen.

Roe v Wade was decided in the 1970s. Obama was still a child and not authorized to sign any bills at that time. There was no reason to sign any bill that authorized Roe v Wade during his tenure as president.

Perhaps Trump could do that, since Obama was such a dismal failure and didn't do it. He could do it by executive order, just like he is able to do away with Social Security and Medicare with a stroke of a pen.
Social Security and Medicare were a result of legislation

The Kavenaugh hearings exemplify why legislation would have been good idea. The next two or three Supreme Courts justices that Trump appoints will put an exclamation on that.

Back
Top Bottom