• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

How to make Trump supporters STFU!

Dictators ALWAYS disarm citizens.
Boy are Trump supporters going to be in for a surprise.
They think he's a hero because he diddles their hatred of liberals, a hatred he has helped build through his lies.
I think I am just about to the point where I WANT the war now.
I say that because there's no point in even talking to these people anymore, they don't want to talk and they won't even consider anything being said in the first place. Trump has primed them for war because Putin's playbook loves civil war.

Civil war is good for Putin, but at this point, judging by the way Trump fanatics are talking, we're past the point of no return, so we might as well get it over with.

Do you ever worry about the FBI coming to visit you at night wanting to find out just how far you are willing to go to oppose Trump? They would be curious to hear your opinion on that.

They will never shut up. Hannity gives them new material every night.

Southerners are trained from birth to accept authoritarianism, it is one of the main cultural differences between Southerners and Yankees.
That's probly bull**** unless you water down the meaning of all the words till the assertion is bland and meaningless.

Respecting people and being polite is not the same as accepting authoritarianism.

Just because we don't directly tell someone that he's nutso off his rocker doesn't mean we believe him or heed him or won't invite him to the BBQ.

I know that you are not required to justify Trump's disregard and disrespect for Americans' rights.

If you were forced to do so, you would still have to stfu,
because there is no ****en excuse or justification for thinking the govt should take away Americans' guns when the govt lacks the right.

But Trump supporters are not forced to do that.
So, they stfu because that's all they can do about Trump hating on Americans and their 2nd Amendment rights.

I talk when I want to, and I have plenty of weaponry. I'm not worried in the least bit about losing the right to free speech or the right to bear firearms.

Really, I'm not worried about much of anything.

this is a really good post.

An interesting conclusion by Whatif:
"It causes an existential crisis, not being able to select a leader properly. So they cling to the one they have and tell themselves whatever they need to tell themselves to avoid the pain and uncertainty that rejecting their leader would cause."

I would imagine that's exactly how the Democrats feel right about now.

Thanks for posting Trump’s ignorance of the US Constitution; he should have taken Mr. Khan up on his pocket copy offer..........

He knew it may not be completely legal. He felt that a court battle would be less deadly than another school shooting. Read the transcript.

I don't know what it is about the idiocy of the anti-trump camp.
They somehow think that they either ignore their own stances up to a certain point, or ignore context so much that the topic because some almost entirely alien to the original discussion. Then prattle on like they think their own lack of intellectual honesty is going to bulldoze them through a majority of the discussion.

Are you another Trump supporter unable to justify Trump desire that the govt take Americans' guns when the govt lacks the right to?

Or do you actually have something to say on the matter which justifies your support for a PotUS who thinks Americans' rights are optional?

He knew it may not be completely legal. He felt that a court battle would be less deadly than another school shooting. Read the transcript.

I remember watching the comment in real time. Grandpap, you have no issue with the POTUS “knowing” that what he is saying is “not completely legal?” Do you take mustard on your pretzels?

Where is the bolded spoken?

Remind them that Trump doesn't give a **** about the 2nd Amendment.

Trumpco has not given them a script for it.
So, they shut the **** up.
It's amazing.

Give it a try.

How do you square your opinion about Trump supporting the Constitution
with Trump's opinion the govt should confiscate Americans' guns
even when it lacks the right to
?

How do you square your opinion about Trump supporting the Constitution
with Trump's opinion the govt should confiscate Americans' guns
without even so much as a warrant
?

source: whitehouse.gov

Issued on: February 28, 2018​
Roosevelt Room​
3:02 P.M. EST​

"...the police saw [this guy was a] problem, they didn’t take any guns away.
I think they should have taken them ... anyway, whether they had the right or not."​

"To go to court would have taken a long time. So ...
take the guns first, go through due process second."​

The "funny" part is that people in the Roosevelt Room at the time kept reminding Trump that the govt must respect Americans' rights.
Trump was having none of that respecting Americans' rights BS.
Trump just kept on about how he wanted to violate the 2nd Amendment.

This is one of my criticisms of Trump. We aren't really able to talk about it because the circus takes over.

Biden has promised to kill jobs and confiscate guns. Defend that.
1) I don't support Biden.

2) you haven't provided the quotes which support your bull**** about Biden. You may never provide them.

3) I notice you stfu about Trump's disgust over Americans' 2nd Amendment rights. I thought you weren't gonna stfu about that. But, here you are desperately trying to change the sunject so you don't have to think about what a ****tard it takes to think the govt should take away Americans' guns when the govt lqacks the right to take them.

4) I predict you'll thread**** some more while totally failing to justify Trump's disrespect for Americans' 2nd Amendment rights.

I remember watching the comment in real time. Grandpap, you have no issue with the POTUS “knowing” that what he is saying is “not completely legal?” Do you take mustard on your pretzels?

Where is the bolded spoken?

For the third time...Read the transcript.

take the guns first, go through due process second."

As usual, remarks taken out of context, a trick the lying media uses constantly against Trump. Here's the conversation:

THE PRESIDENT: We could work on that. And we have to do something about the mentally ill not being able to buy a gun. I mean, they have so many checks and balances that, you could be mentally ill, and it takes you six months before you can prohibit him. So we have to do something very decisive. Number one, you can take the guns away immediately from people that you can adjudge easily are mentally ill, like this guy. You know, the police saw that he was — the problem, they didn’t take any guns away. Now, that could have been policing. I think they should have taken them way anyway, whether they had the right or not.

But I’ll tell you this: You have to have very strong provisions for the mentally ill. Now, a lot of people are saying, oh, I shouldn’t be saying that. I’ll tell you what — I don’t want mentally ill people to be having guns.

Try again, liberals. Only fair criticism allowed, though, no more deceptive fact twists like "good people on both sides" and "all Mexicans are rapists". Even if Rachael Maddow did say it.

Trump wants the govt to adjudge people mentally ill without going to court or having a hearing.
How the **** do you figure that works?

Your ex-wife goes to the cops and says you're a danger and you have guns.
So, the cops come to your house and confiscate the guns?

Trump wants the govt to take away their guns without even so much as a warrant.
How the **** are you okay with that?

Trump explicitly says he wants the govt to take away Americans' guns when the govt lacks the right to do so.

Please explain how it's acceptable to you for the govt to take away Americans' guns when the govt lacks the right to take them away.
Use all the context you need.

I talk when I want to, and I have plenty of weaponry. I'm not worried in the least bit about losing the right to free speech or the right to bear firearms.

Really, I'm not worried about much of anything.

Again, you stfu about Trump wanting the govt to take away Americans' guns when the govt lacks the right to do so.

Thread**** some more

Or address the issue at hand.

Sorry guys, but there are very few gun enthusiasts that advocate for violent mentally ill people to own firearms. Your argument falls flat. The ones that do are very likely mentally ill.

Trump wants the govt to adjudge people mentally ill without going to court or having a hearing.
How the **** do you figure that works?

Your ex-wife goes to the cops and says you're a danger and you have guns.
So, the cops come to your house and confiscate the guns?

Trump wants the govt to take away their guns without even so much as a warrant.
How the **** are you okay with that?

Trump explicitly says he wants the govt to take away Americans' guns when the govt lacks the right to do so.

Please explain how it's acceptable to you for the govt to take away Americans' guns when the govt lacks the right to take them away.
Use all the context you need.

I already did. About 4 times so far. Think outside the Rachael Maddow box for just a little bit.

2) you haven't provided the quotes which support your bull**** about Biden. You may never provide them.

3) I notice you stfu about Trump's disgust over Americans' 2nd Amendment rights. I thought you weren't gonna stfu about that. But, here you are desperately trying to change the sunject so you don't have to think about what a ****tard it takes to think the govt should take away Americans' guns when the govt lqacks the right to take them.

4) I predict you'll thread**** some more while totally failing to justify Trump's disrespect for Americans' 2nd Amendment rights.

Oh, you're just trolling. Got it! :lamo

Is that how you feel about the 2nd Amendment?

The govt should take Americans' guns w/o even a hearing or a warrant just because some unnamed, unspecified person adjudged you to be a mentally ill danger?

Who the **** do you think will do the adjudging Trump mentioned if there's no warrant or hearing?

For the third time...Read the transcript.

take the guns first, go through due process second."

Yeah, that shows a grasp of the 2A he keeps talking about how he is all for!

Do you pause before you reply to see how what you post looks?

1) One of them is going to be president. Biden is more likely to make a stronger move against gun rights. So it's a lesser of two evils thing.

This is one of my criticisms of Trump. We aren't really able to talk about it because the circus takes over.
What would you say if you could?

From where I sit,
there's zero ****en justification for the govt to take Americans' guns when the govt lacks the right.

So, what's there to say?
Trump's an authoritarian ****up who doesn't understand the US Constitution or what Americans' rights are and how they work?

A person is violent, has a history of violence, has threatened violence in the past, and has a history of mental illness. The person has mentioned how much fun it would be to shoot up a school, and his admiration for previous school shooters.

Take his guns away, adjudicate later? YES or NO?

The law needs to be changed, In case you haven't figured it out yet, that's what the meeting was all about. You can tell Rachael if you want.

Back
Top Bottom