• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How to insure mail-in ballots get there despite Trump's efforts?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
It is simple, everyone and every business just stop sending mail for the last two weeks before the election. The only mail moving would be the ballots. I suspect thought that Trump and the GOP are going to do the opposite, as that is their only chance to keep their jobs. They will have their people flood the USPS to try and insure that mail-in ballots do not make it in time to be counted. Most corrupt and Anti-American party ever in the history of our country. A once proud party is now what it is and those who support it should be ashamed.

It is simple, everyone and every business just stop sending mail for the last two weeks before the election. The only mail moving would be the ballots. I suspect thought that Trump and the GOP are going to do the opposite, as that is their only chance to keep their jobs. They will have their people flood the USPS to try and insure that mail-in ballots do not make it in time to be counted. Most corrupt and Anti-American party ever in the history of our country. A once proud party is now what it is and those who support it should be ashamed.
Why not vote in person if you feel voting by mail is unreliable?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Vote early. The post office was warning about mail in balloting if people are doing it up against the deadlines.

In fact I am going to get it done as soon as possible.

"early & often"

That's the motto ...

It's not that simple. For example, I saw a claim tonight that the Post Office has changed election mail from being first class and carefully handled, to third class junk mail that is being thrown away (their term is 'recycled') sometimes. Democrats are pushing for the Post Office IG to investigate the situation quickly. Injunctions might be needed.

IDK, I begin to think it's a done deal. Trump has Barr, all ends sewed up, he will win with like 80-95% approval and of the popular vote too, and it will be illegal to say that it'as even suspicious. Then they can get to the business of cancelling all future lections.

The last 2 weeks before an election is when those running for office flood you with mail and Dr. F says there is no reason people can't put on a mask and go vote.

Even simpler?

Register to vote...and then go to the nearest polling location and VOTE.

That way you know your vote actually counted.

I've been doing that for decades. :coffeepap:

Do you have any idea how many postal centers there are in this country? Too many to flood individually. You would need several CAT 5 Hurricanes to do the job.

Split the mailings out - use FedEx for half of them.

That will guarantee that they will get to the wrong person and address sooner. :0

What is everyone worried about?

Since y'all want them, why not start sending out the universal ballots now?

If they start now and stagger the number each day, there would be no additional pressure on the USPS.

ABC News reported tonight that California and other states are scrambling to hire thousands of poll workers.

Sorry about this source as I see "CNN" mentioned in it so it may not be true or it may be exaggerated against Trump -

States scramble to recruit thousands of poll workers amid pandemic shortage

My state opens early voting on october 12th. I will go drivecby every day until I see shorter lines and vote in person.

Wow... You are so obsessed with tearing down Donald Trump that you create a fictitious scenario, speculate on what Donald Trump might do in reaction to that scenario, and then criticize him for the action he never took, in response to the scenario that never existed.

... And people think TDS isn't real.

lol

It is simple, everyone and every business just stop sending mail for the last two weeks before the election.

Done. I can't even remember the last time I mailed a letter. I've also switched to paperless statements on my utilities and bank and other financial statements.

My ratio of useful mail to junk mail approaches zero these days.

The last 2 weeks before an election is when those running for office flood you with mail and Dr. F says there is no reason people can't put on a mask and go vote.

He also isn't taking any personal responsibility for any COVID cases that come about either. If he was personally held responsibility for any COVID case from someone voting he would be speaking a different tune.

It's amazing hearing from folks that AREN'T held rsponsibole for their comments. Tell us DRAWDOWN, if we can make it to where anyone that contracted COVID from voting lines meant YOU would PERSONALLY have to pay for their lack of work and testing would you agree to it? I'm thinking you would ***** away from it. Prove me wrong, provide your REAL identification to this forum so we can set that up. I'm guessing you will run away faster than Trump does the truth. :lamo

Mail-in ballots have a substantially higher number of failure points then voting in person. Why would I want to participate in mail-in voting when there is a higher percentage of failure points to have my vote secured?

Even simpler?

Register to vote...and then go to the nearest polling location and VOTE.

That way you know your vote actually counted.

I've been doing that for decades. :coffeepap:

How many hours did you have to stand in line to vote?

Or, ballots have priority as Government Business involving the franchise.

How many hours did you have to stand in line to vote?

That always depended on the State I was living in, and the local election polling site availability. It could have been as short as 10 minutes, or as long as 1 hour.

But if THAT is your concern? Then instead of pushing this burgeoning nightmare of massive mail-in balloting...push for States and locales to set up more polling places.

That is a fight I can agree with.

That always depended on the State I was living in, and the local election polling site availability. It could have been as short as 10 minutes, or as long as 1 hour.

But if THAT is your concern? Then instead of pushing this burgeoning nightmare of massive mail-in balloting...push for States and locales to set up more polling places.

That is a fight I can agree with.

I agree. It’s a shame that certain states keep taking away more and more voting places isn’t it?

Back
Top Bottom