• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How To Get Rich In Your Country Of Choice [Infographic]

RDS

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Basically its all hard work through earnings and coupled with investments in property is safe. bet.
rich.jpg
How To Get Rich In Your Country Of Choice [Infographic] | Popular Science

The reason I want to move to South Africa is that I can start as the 1% and can only go up from there. My money goes 10x as far. Invest in property as Africa gradually progresses it will be worth more.

Last edited:
Why do the percentages for each nation/region not add up to 100%? Were respondents allowed to answer positively to more than one question?

Never mind, I saw it in light gray on the graph that they were allowed to do so.

You evil capitalist :)

The reason I want to move to South Africa is that I can start as the 1% and can only go up from there. My money goes 10x as far. Invest in property as Africa gradually progresses it will be worth more.

Some day, Africa will become much more important. Now, I saw a list of cost of tourist visiting charts and Africa was one of the most expensive areas in the world. I also think that SA has a big future but is property cheap there? I found out that in Vietnam property is VERY expensive. Go figure - I should have bought some in 1966.

So yeah, is SA cheap. How much for whatever in the main city, JoBerg? Very curious. Thanks!

a

Some day, Africa will become much more important. Now, I saw a list of cost of tourist visiting charts and Africa was one of the most expensive areas in the world. I also think that SA has a big future but is property cheap there? I found out that in Vietnam property is VERY expensive. Go figure - I should have bought some in 1966.

So yeah, is SA cheap. How much for whatever in the main city, JoBerg? Very curious. Thanks!

Well in Cape Town (Johannesburg sucks) property is fairly and from i have looked at 250,000$ will get you a pretty nice 4-5 bedroom house pool, security, and nice views in the Southern Suburbs (The Whitest Part of South Africa) and even more in the Afrikaans speaking Northern suburbs.

For example this house is 350,000$ or 3.1 million rand and it is just amazing. I have found cheaper houses but they aren't my style. You can also make far more in South Africa comparatively since I want to work as accountant they can start at 500,000 R/year.

I also have more examples but the main property website is down right now.

Last edited:
What? Are there supposedly no rich people in Canada? Did the US annex us for purposes of this chart?

What? Are there supposedly no rich people in Canada? Did the US annex us for purposes of this chart?

They are American and probably don't think we are important and they seem to exclude a lot of countries.

You think that's cheap? I can buy a pretty nice place in Vegas for $250K and I live in a decent one for $70K.

At 250K theres not much room for gain. Jamaica has some great deals and I thought about moving there but they don't allow cats and I'm not leaving them behind. Of course, Africa has much more opportunity than Jamaica. OTOH, banks pay 30% interest so with $100K, you'd be set up for life. Great weather. Some cute girls. Affordable drugs.

But my cats are my best friends so.....I'm still in Stupid Vegas.

Well in Cape Town (Johannesburg sucks) property is fairly and from i have looked at 250,000$ will get you a pretty nice 4-5 bedroom house pool, security, and nice views in the Southern Suburbs (The Whitest Part of South Africa) and even more in the Afrikaans speaking Northern suburbs.

For example this house is 350,000$ or 3.1 million rand and it is just amazing. I have found cheaper houses but they aren't my style. You can also make far more in South Africa comparatively since I want to work as accountant they can start at 500,000 R/year.

I also have more examples but the main property website is down right now.

I didn't know Canada was a country. Are you sure? I thought it was just US Farm Land.

(just joshing I'm sure you know)

You think that's cheap? I can buy a pretty nice place in Vegas for $250K and I live in a decent one for $70K.

At 250K theres not much room for gain. Jamaica has some great deals and I thought about moving there but they don't allow cats and I'm not leaving them behind. Of course, Africa has much more opportunity than Jamaica. OTOH, banks pay 30% interest so with $100K, you'd be set up for life. Great weather. Some cute girls. Affordable drugs.

But my cats are my best friends so.....I'm still in Stupid Vegas.

Well no one wants to live in the middle of a desert, too hot for most sane people.

I didn't know Canada was a country. Are you sure? I thought it was just US Farm Land.

(just joshing I'm sure you know)

We're the American oil patch, your source of comedians and perhaps soon America's source of potable water. Not sure we're America's farmland though, since you don't like our milk, our beef, etc. You do like our ice wine and our beer and whiskey is superior so those are a few "crops" you like.

Nah, we Yankees love you and you grow great weed. I went to Vancouver for a week and had the best time. So friendly, so helpful. Even your money is cuter than ours.

Go Canada!
imgres-3.jpeg

According to most Americans we apparently are.

We're the American oil patch, your source of comedians and perhaps soon America's source of potable water. Not sure we're America's farmland though, since you don't like our milk, our beef, etc. You do like our ice wine and our beer and whiskey is superior so those are a few "crops" you like.

Back
Top Bottom