• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How to End Police Shootings

VanceMack

Less like the tiger...more like the lion.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Step 1-Stop Raping, robbing, and killing people.
Step 2-Stop pulling guns on people. Yes...even toy guns.
Step 3-If you are arrested for Robbing, raping, killing, pulling guns on people, stealing, etc, dont run from the cops. Dont fight with the cops. Definitely dont try to pull a gun on the cops. Cooperate with law enforcement. Treat them with respect. Listen to what is being said. Dont argue. Dont fight. You know you were speeding...sign the ****ing ticket and if you want to fight it, go to court. You know your license is suspended and your plates are expired. Dont complain about quotas or profiling or other bull**** arguments.
Step 4-In the event that a cop shoots someone unjustly, investigate, where charges are warranted, file charges, and if the case supports it, find accordingly.
Step 5-In the event you disagree with the charges, go to court and fight the charges.

I think thats it. Problem solved.

Step-6, if you are black don't even TOUCH a toy gun. Even if you are in a store that sells toy guns, stay away from them.

Step-6, if you are black don't even TOUCH a toy gun. Even if you are in a store that sells toy guns, stay away from them.

Did you forget the part about pointing it at people and the cops?

Amendment to Step 6...If you own a toy gun, dont be a dick.
34306114001_3911285044001_video-still-for-video-3911316537001.jpg

Amendment B...If you are the parent or grandparent of a kid that you KNOW is using the toy gun that looks like a real gun to threaten others...do your ****ing job as a parent and/or guardian.

No, I didn't. And neither did John Crawford.

Seems strange that people that are swinging guns around in stores wouldn't think to listen to police officers when told to stop doing it.

Seems strange that people that are swinging guns around in stores wouldn't think to listen to police officers when told to stop doing it.

Maybe if they gave them more than a split second to actually comply, they would listen.

No, I didn't. And neither did John Crawford.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2014/sep/25/ohio-shooting-walmart-video

Watch the video. John Crawford was fine right up until the 28 second mark. Watch the video. Be honest. Whatever stupid decisions HE made prior to that point and whatever the call was that went out WATCH THE VIDEO. Police respond to a call of a man with a gun pointing it at people. When they respond he drops the gun and runs. WATCH THE VIDEO. He dropped the gun and he ran. Then...at 28 seconds into the video, for whatever reason, he turned and ran BACK to get the. Watch the video.

Now...all this aside...you SURELY arent claiming that this is the typical shooting incident?

Have you watched the video? There is no warning and no time to respond.

It is telling that you aren't at least calling it a tragic misunderstanding and go straight to blaming the victim.

It is telling that you aren't at least calling it a tragic misunderstanding and go straight to blaming the victim.

Yea I watched the video. He ran away instead of listening to the cops. What kind of idiot would think that was a good idea.

No he didn't. They shot him within seconds of arrival and no time to even run away.

False, you can see him running and then is shot. He then decides to run back to the gun.

Maybe if they gave them more than a split second to actually comply, they would listen.
John Crawford dropped the gun and ran. Then...for some inexplicable reason, turned around and darted BACK for the gun in front of cops. If you are leaning on the Tamir Rice incident or the John Crawford incident you have to be HONEST. Tamir Rice spent an hour threatening people with what he KNEW was modified to look like a real gun. When police responded to a call of an armed individual threatening people in the park they came upon a guy that jumped up, walked TOWARDS them and reached for the gun. Tragic circumstances...but thats NOT on the cops.

In the Crawford shooting, police responded to a call of a man pointing a gun at people. They came upon the individual who dropped the gun and ran, THEN turned around and darted back for the gun. The video evidence is very clear.

There ARE clear incidents of wrongful police actions. Some where I would call it negligent like the recent Milwaukee shooting and some where I would call it outright criminal. But when all the incidents are clouded by Mike Brown, Eric Garner, Tamir Rice, John Crawford, and Alton Sterling the 'movement' loses all credibility.

No he didn't. They shot him within seconds of arrival and no time to even run away.
Watch the video. The video VERY CLEARLY shows his actions. Either you havent seen the video or you are being dishonest. Watch the video.

An air rifle is not a toy. Toy guns, by law, are required to have identifying colors/paint on them to distinguish them as a toy. An air rifle can be used to kill small animals and can easily be mistaken for an actual rifle, which can kill people.

Important Safety Tips & Information | Airgun Depot

"Always remember that your airgun is not a toy! It is a real, functional gun. Always observe all of the proper handling and safety procedures of a live firearm."

And this is from the company that manufactured that air rifle John Crawford was carrying around a store, treating like a toy. (Not the same make/model of the one he had, but the point is about air rifles in general not being toys.)

MK-177 Tan (.177/BB)

"NOT A TOY. ADULT SUPERVISION REQUIRED. MISUSE OR CARELESS USE MAY CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH. BE CAREFUL, SHOOT SAFELY."

How are you going to make that claim? I presented the link, told you the precise point to go to in case you are too busy to watch through all 54 seconds. You SEE the man drop the gun and run and then you SEE him turn around and dart back towards the gun. Are you denying that actually happened or did you just not watch the tape?

John Crawford dropped the gun and ran. Then...for some inexplicable reason, turned around and darted BACK for the gun in front of cops. If you are leaning on the Tamir Rice incident or the John Crawford incident you have to be HONEST. Tamir Rice spent an hour threatening people with what he KNEW was modified to look like a real gun. When police responded to a call of an armed individual threatening people in the park they came upon a guy that jumped up, walked TOWARDS them and reached for the gun. Tragic circumstances...but thats NOT on the cops.

In the Crawford shooting, police responded to a call of a man pointing a gun at people. They came upon the individual who dropped the gun and ran, THEN turned around and darted back for the gun. The video evidence is very clear.

There ARE clear incidents of wrongful police actions. Some where I would call it negligent like the recent Milwaukee shooting and some where I would call it outright criminal. But when all the incidents are clouded by Mike Brown, Eric Garner, Tamir Rice, John Crawford, and Alton Sterling the 'movement' loses all credibility.

That's not what happened in the John Crawford case. While I don't think the incident could be claimed to be a bad shooting (split second decision making for the cops when it looks like the guy is raising a rifle at them), he didn't drop it, run away, and then run back for it. They came upon him, and it is unknown what they said (since you cannot see the cops behind the aisle), but then he was shot as he appeared to be lifting the rifle from the floor, even if just a little.

I stand corrected after watching that video, but that is not the first video that came out so I do wonder what happened between the two.

I saw the video but I was thinking of something else. He does run back.
Kudos.

I'm not excusing anyone or justifying anyone and I'm not claiming real offenses don't occur but if we don't stop with these bull**** complaints against cops put in dire and tragic circumstances BY THE OFFENDER then we really cant get to the ones that are an actual problem.

I saw the video but I was thinking of something else. He does run back.

I think there might have been some issue with the initial video that was posted for this incident. Because I don't remember it like that either. And I supported the police from the initial on this incident. So something is up here.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2014/sep/25/ohio-shooting-walmart-video

Watch the video. John Crawford was fine right up until the 28 second mark. Watch the video. Be honest. Whatever stupid decisions HE made prior to that point and whatever the call was that went out WATCH THE VIDEO. Police respond to a call of a man with a gun pointing it at people. When they respond he drops the gun and runs. WATCH THE VIDEO. He dropped the gun and he ran. Then...at 28 seconds into the video, for whatever reason, he turned and ran BACK to get the. Watch the video.

Now...all this aside...you SURELY arent claiming that this is the typical shooting incident?
He is talking on the phone. Holding the pellet gun, pointing it down. He hears the police, looks up, sees a gun pointing at him, flinches away, and is shot. From there he is running for his life.

Put yourself in that situation if you can. You are minding your business, not paying attention to your surroundings because you are talking on the phone.

You hear someone yell something, you look up, there is a gun pointed at you, you flinch away BANG!
You haven't had time to register what is going on or perhaps even who is shooting at you.

He is talking on the phone. Holding the pellet gun, pointing it down. He hears the police, looks up, sees a gun pointing at him, flinches away, and is shot. From there he is running for his life.

Put yourself in that situation if you can. You are minding your business, not paying attention to your surroundings because you are talking on the phone.

You hear someone yell something, you look up, there is a gun pointed at you, you flinch away BANG!
You haven't had time to register what is going on or perhaps even who is shooting at you.
Last time...because you either are not watching the video or are so invested in the lie you refuse to be honest. Did you or did you not see the man DROP the gun and dart around the corner? Did you or did you not see him then run BACK FOR THE GUN?

But again, if he had followed the simple rule of staying away from toy guns while black he never would have been in the situation to begin with.

He is not just pointing that rifle down, but swinging it back and forth the whole time. His being on the phone is irrelevant. When you have a weapon (not a toy) in your hand, you better damn sure be paying better attention to your surroundings.

Back
Top Bottom