• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How to End Police Shootings

But again, if he had followed the simple rule of staying away from toy guns while black he never would have been in the situation to begin with.

But again, he wasn't handling a toy gun at all, but rather a real gun, that even says right on the information for it "This is not a toy!!!".

But again, if he had followed the simple rule of staying away from toy guns while black he never would have been in the situation to begin with.

Strange. I remember a black guy in Texas at the BLM protest openly carrying a rifle like he was legally allowed to. Weird that he was not shot, even though the media blew up a storm with saying he was a suspect. The cops didn't instantly kill him even though he was openly carrying a gun.

Last time...because you either are not watching the video or are so invested in the lie you refuse to be honest. Did you or did you not see the man DROP the gun and dart around the corner? Did you or did you not see him then run BACK FOR THE GUN?

He wasn't running back FOR the gun. He was panicking because he had either just been shot or because he was surrounded by people pointing guns at him. He hadn't even had a second to process what was happening.

I can totally understand the initial reaction of the guy,, Your minding your own business, shopping, and all of a sudden cops are screaming at you, My first thought would be "Get the crap out of the way, their after someone" and that's what I would try to do,

This is my scenario: he moved to get out of the way,, Saw cops coming up the other isle, tried to reverse and slipped ( on top of the gun) they thought he tried to pick it up and BAM...

One thought,, Why would any toy manufacturer NOT put that king of toy in a box? or have it attached to a cardboard backing? hard to mistake that for a real gun

djl

Strange. I remember a black guy in Texas at the BLM protest openly carrying a rifle like he was legally allowed to. Weird that he was not shot, even though the media blew up a storm with saying he was a suspect. The cops didn't instantly kill him even though he was openly carrying a gun.

The media called him a suspect because the police called him a suspect, despite the fact he immediately turned the gun over to the police when the shooting started. And the police left it up for quite some time.

The media called him a suspect because the police called him a suspect, despite the fact he immediately turned the gun over to the police when the shooting started. And the police left it up for quite some time.

So a black man openly carried and was not instantly shot by the cops. Seems to counter your statement that black people can't even pick up a toy gun.

I can totally understand the initial reaction of the guy,, Your minding your own business, shopping, and all of a sudden cops are screaming at you, My first thought would be "Get the crap out of the way, their after someone" and that's what I would try to do,

This is my scenario: he moved to get out of the way,, Saw cops coming up the other isle, tried to reverse and slipped ( on top of the gun) they thought he tried to pick it up and BAM...

One thought,, Why would any toy manufacturer NOT put that king of toy in a box? or have it attached to a cardboard backing? hard to mistake that for a real gun

djl

I think they do come in a box but someone prior to this incident must have taken it out and left it on the shelf.

I think there might have been some issue with the initial video that was posted for this incident. Because I don't remember it like that either. And I supported the police from the initial on this incident. So something is up here.

I don't remember him going back at all either but after rewatching he clearly goes back.

So a black man openly carried and was not instantly shot by the cops. Seems to counter your statement that black people can't even pick up a toy gun.

Not all cops are trigger happy. But you never know which one you will run into.

Step 1-Stop Raping, robbing, and killing people.
Step 2-Stop pulling guns on people. Yes...even toy guns.
Step 3-If you are arrested for Robbing, raping, killing, pulling guns on people, stealing, etc, dont run from the cops. Dont fight with the cops. Definitely dont try to pull a gun on the cops. Cooperate with law enforcement. Treat them with respect. Listen to what is being said. Dont argue. Dont fight. You know you were speeding...sign the ****ing ticket and if you want to fight it, go to court. You know your license is suspended and your plates are expired. Dont complain about quotas or profiling or other bull**** arguments.
Step 4-In the event that a cop shoots someone unjustly, investigate, where charges are warranted, file charges, and if the case supports it, find accordingly.
Step 5-In the event you disagree with the charges, go to court and fight the charges.

I think thats it. Problem solved.

I think most of the problems would be best solved, were the parents to bring their kids up right and make them understand that education and work are good and important.

Step 3-If you are arrested for Robbing, raping, killing, pulling guns on people, stealing, etc, dont run from the cops. Dont fight with the cops. Definitely dont try to pull a gun on the cops. Cooperate with law enforcement. Treat them with respect. Listen to what is being said. Dont argue. Dont fight. You know you were speeding...sign the ****ing ticket and if you want to fight it, go to court. You know your license is suspended and your plates are expired. Dont complain about quotas or profiling or other bull**** arguments.
Step 4-In the event that a cop shoots someone unjustly, investigate, where charges are warranted, file charges, and if the case supports it, find accordingly.
Step 5-In the event you disagree with the charges, go to court and fight the charges.

That sounds like a lot of work. Why don't we just ban police departments and put up a bunch of "Crime Free Zone" signs?

No, I didn't. And neither did John Crawford.

Crawford was the victim of a 911 caller who gave misleading and inflammatory information to the police. Fortunately the caller was ultimately prosecuted.

Not all cops are trigger happy. But you never know which one you will run into.

So your blanket statement is clearly wrong. Care to retract it?

But again, he wasn't handling a toy gun at all, but rather a real gun, that even says right on the information for it "This is not a toy!!!".

Fine, a pellet gun. When I was a kid my friends and I used to shoot each other with them until one of us cried mercy. Stupid ass thing to do. But they are closer to a toy than a weapon.

NOW convince liberals this will work .

Step-6, if you are black don't even TOUCH a toy gun. Even if you are in a store that sells toy guns, stay away from them.

More nonsense from the whining left . :lamo

djl

He took it off the counter at the area where they sell them, like that, from one of the reports I read when this first came out.

Fine, a pellet gun. When I was a kid my friends and I used to shoot each other with them until one of us cried mercy. Stupid ass thing to do. But they are closer to a toy than a weapon.

And treating them like a toy is what gets people hurt and killed. They are not toys. No matter how you and your friends treated them as children.

Maybe if they gave them more than a split second to actually comply, they would listen.

It's a little difficult when a felon is fighting you from the second they see you . :roll: And now we see why you could never be in law enforcement ! :lamo

He didn't "immediately turn the gun over to police". He dropped the gun, then ran back towards it, instead of dropping immediately to the ground.

The simple fact is that an adult should know not to be swinging a gun (even an air rifle) back and forth in a store with no regard to how others might react to that, with no thought to it, and then be surprised that police show up when you do so. Situational awareness.

Back
Top Bottom