• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How to deal with terrorism

Why don't we all just convert to Islam? Then there will be no terrorism, right? Wrong. Even in the middle east, there is conflict between sects of Muslims due to minor disagreements about how Islam should be controlled.

Dumb is dumb and pandering to them is even dumber. We have our own culture here and we have a hard enough time getting our own people to make sense without patronizing an even worse form of idiocy. I would prefer that we hand out a pamphlet to anyone desiring to become American that says:

WARNING: We in the United States are a nation that values liberty, especially the freedoms of speech and religion. In an environment of liberty, you will be occasionally offended. That's how you know you're still free. If this is too much for you to tolerate, stay in your own country and enjoy the non-offensive poverty, violence, misogyny and general tyranny.

I am as liberal as they come but I can't pretend that someone being offended by our dietary and dress choices is something we need to be introspective about. I would walk down the street in my own bikini, eating a BLT before I'd recommend that ANY American person tippy-toe around any brand of religious extremist.

The religious are good at being hypersensitive about the actions of others and very forgiving of their own dysfunction. We used to use the phrase "phukum", and that still applies to whomever can't take a joke.

1. Stop attacking innocent civilians in Arab countries and arming Israel
2. Come to terms with the legacy of western imperialism and colonialism that has made Arab states poor.
3. Crack down on anti-migrant hate speech on social media. Crack down on far-right European political parties based on hatred and racism.
4. Be more conscientious of not offending Muslims. Do we really need bacon prominently displayed in stores with heavy Muslim populations? Can't women afford a dress a little more modestly when going to Muslim neighborhoods? We need to make Middle Easterners feel more comfortable and they won't feel as resented.
5. Build schools and infrastructure in the middle east instead of dropping bombs.
:peace

http://www.debatepolitics.com/break...-news-gruesome-torture-bataclan-massacre.html

Huh. Interesting.

So why aren't you over there right now, fighting the good fight?

I'm guarding the home front. My youngest, her husband and my other SiL served this country in the WOT.

Well its clearly the fact that we're displaying bacon thats radicalizing all these peace loving muslims.

It's simple. We can attack the social problems that create terrorism or we can pretend like we can declare war on a noun on an enemy that just gets stronger every time you try and attack it. Every time we blow up a child's birthday party to kill a suspected terrorist we create 5 more terrorists and exacerbate the economic conditions that allows it to thrive.

1. Stop attacking innocent civilians in Arab countries and arming Israel
2. Come to terms with the legacy of western imperialism and colonialism that has made Arab states poor.
3. Crack down on anti-migrant hate speech on social media. Crack down on far-right European political parties based on hatred and racism.
4. Be more conscientious of not offending Muslims. Do we really need bacon prominently displayed in stores with heavy Muslim populations? Can't women afford a dress a little more modestly when going to Muslim neighborhoods? We need to make Middle Easterners feel more comfortable and they won't feel as resented.
5. Build schools and infrastructure in the middle east instead of dropping bombs.
:peace

So in other words totally surrender to the terrorists, let them force us to change from being relatively tolerant to pretty much total intolerance, allow them to plunge more countries into war......

Yeah, that plan isn't going to work, to point out the obvious.

Back
Top Bottom