• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How To Build An AR15

Only if you are assembling the lower receiver yourself. The rifle can be disassembled with just a bullet as a tool. It is a very simple mechanism.
You can only field strip without tools.
An AR cannot be detail stripped or built with a bullet

I try and pick up a box or 2 of 7.62x39 and 9mm when I'm out and it does add up. Got a box of Liberty 9mm 50 grain HPs I'm itching to test. 2000 ft per second is listed and I got spare barrels.
How very odd. That is about half the weight and twice the velocity of a "normal" 9mm round. Because of that, I do not think it will make that much difference to the chamber pressure to cause any concern. The only real advantage that I can see to such a round is that it will have an extremely flat trajectory. But since you are shooting this from a hand gun and not a rifle, range is not really a consideration. The energy the round has is pretty much same as a regular 9mm, at 444 foot-pounds of energy.

Is there another reason for such a light-weight high-velocity round that I'm missing?

How very odd. That is about half the weight and twice the velocity of a "normal" 9mm round. Because of that, I do not think it will make that much difference to the chamber pressure to cause any concern. The only real advantage that I can see to such a round is that it will have an extremely flat trajectory. But since you are shooting this from a hand gun and not a rifle, range is not really a consideration. The energy the round has is pretty much same as a regular 9mm, at 444 foot-pounds of energy.

Is there another reason for such a light-weight high-velocity round that I'm missing?
Beats the **** outta me though I have heard that about the trajectory. It sure isn't a AP round.

The moderators don't care, probably because the big cheese is a gun proponent (who can't debate).
I didn't know that about @Schweddy (the gun proponent part). As for not being able to debate, that honor is all yours as you get eviscerated on the regular.

I didn't know that about @Schweddy (the gun proponent part). As for not being able to debate, that honor is all yours as you get eviscerated on the regular.

Chuckle. You can't even make a cogent argument.

Really? Then you must be buying from a dealer with an FFL. I would find another seller. I never went through an FFL holder when I bought my AR-12 in 2018.
That is impossible and illegal.

Beats the **** outta me though I have heard that about the trajectory. It sure isn't a AP round.
If you are a competition shooter you want light-weight high-velocity rounds. The flatter the trajectory the better. You can just point and shoot without having to be concerned with bullet drop. However, most competition shooting with hand guns are at pretty close range so I don't think bullet drop is really much of a consideration.

How does your handgun handle the round? Is the felt-recoil about the same as with heavier but slower 9mm rounds? A higher velocity would require more powder, but a lighter round should cause less recoil. So I am guessing that one offsets the other and you probably cannot tell the difference between the two different types of rounds, but that is just an educated hunch.

I think he referred to a private sale.
I am indeed making such a reference. Most of my firearm purchases have been from family, friends, or acquaintances. I have only made two purchases and one sale from/to strangers that I didn't know.

I am indeed making such a reference. Most of my firearm purchases have been from family, friends, or acquaintances. I have only made two purchases and one sale from/to strangers that I didn't know.
****. Missed the obvious.
Time for anti-dumbass pills

Back
Top Bottom